GT5: P [PAL], who from Europe is going to buy it?

• Thread starter Aero-R
  • 211 comments
I pre-ordered mine months ago from Play.com.. But, since then I have fallen in love with DLC and am going for the download version instead (will just sell my pre-order Blueray copy on).

I was always against DLC. I like 'owning' something.. But after being forced to download Warhawk (Which wasn't available on Blueray anywhere) I realised WHY... I just love the convenience of being able to change games without swapping disks

I think that if I wasn't sure about a game and figured that I might want to sell it on, then I would still go Blueray.. But in cases of games which I KNOW are keepers, then I am happy to have it as a DLC.

I am not overly happy about having to pay £25 instead of £18 (Which is what I have payed for the Blueray), but to be honest £7 is worth it for the benifits of having it on the Hard-Drive.

Not everyone will agree with this.. A few months back, I would have never imagined that I would write something like this.. But I am a DLC convert!

Jon

Wow, so many thanks for all your answers to my thread. Seems to be that 100% is going to purchase the PAL one as soon as possible. I don't care about the date because I'll be busy first days, so for me.. wait one month more or not isn't a big deal, but the 5 cars could be a good point to purchase the NTSC-USA. Unfortunately... the online playing tell me that I should buy the PAL one (I really want to play with my friends). I really hate what Polyphony Digital did with those 5 cars because of the RX7 one, I loved it 🤬

I pre-ordered it at gamemania. When you pre-order there you get 100 extra points on your gamemania card and you get a free GT t-shirt and cap.
Great. Do you have any picture or so?, I would like to see specially that T-Shirt. Nobody have said anything about the Scalextric Pack, and I thought it could be for all the european countries, but maybe it won't so I just leave a picture here of the model (it's an Audi R8, Le Mans one):

053465.jpg

And the promotional flyer:

gran_turismo_5.jpg

I don 't have Scalextric but I'm thinking 'bout get it if possible in case I get the PAL one.

If the Japanese version doesn't get updated then i'm getting the NTSC, don't wanna miss out the 5 cars. Actualy 3 because i don't care for the peugeot's.

Me and about 1 million + oh then theres those getting it from PSN....Another half million plus the guys who will pick up in store, maybe another million.........Damn it just say 80% of PS£ owners....how manys that? This could be a long thread LOL

Im gonna buy the PAL version. At the end of the day, I dont buy the American or Japanese version of any game so why would I break the habit? For the sake of 5 cars im not gonna drive.

Extra tracks however..

DustDriver, I don't like the cap so much, but the T-Shirt is 10/10 for sure. Enjoy it dude, I would like to have one like that haha.

I've done a pre-order here in Spain to try to get one unit of that Audi R8 Le Mans Gran Turismo model. Let's see if I get luck, I'm more on % with the idea to buy a PAL edition than a NTSC-USA one, specially for the online system/friends. But I'm still thinkin' 'bout it u_u

Great. Do you have any picture or so?, I would like to see specially that T-Shirt. Nobody have said anything about the Scalextric Pack, and I thought it could be for all the european countries, but maybe it won't so I just leave a picture here of the model (it's an Audi R8, Le Mans one):

053465.jpg

I bought the 1:18 model last week :D

1203758780.jpg

Great one Fruitcake. How much for it?. That's for sure more beautiful, they should had include a 1:18 instead of the Scalextric one on the pack hehe. I would like to buy a 1:18 of the Mazda 787B any day, unfortunately I won't come on the secret-700 days-black-version of GRAN TURISMO 4 :dopey:

I live in the US, preordered GT5P PAL a week ago, hoping to get it by April 2 or 3. I'll let you know if I can connect and race from here. If I can, I'm hoping my ping isn't too bad to the UK (or wherever). I'll buy the NA version as well if there is no update to the PAL for the 5 cars and/or no ability to play online NA without the NA copy.

to make it clear for me, i'll buy every single version of the game aslong as they add a few cars just to have them all :D

Great one Fruitcake. How much for it?. That's for sure more beautiful, they should had include a 1:18 instead of the Scalextric one on the pack hehe. I would like to buy a 1:18 of the Mazda 787B any day, unfortunately I won't come on the secret-700 days-black-version of GRAN TURISMO 4 :dopey:

I got it for 40 euro :)

There is a limited edition 1:43 version of the 787B:

9676eda6d639383929df74cjr4.jpg

(there is no 1:18 version btw)

If you enter the UK champioship you get this keyring.
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3852/gtwheelmk3.jpg
You could also win some other cool things.

Btw it isn't really official that the US will get 5 more extra cars. This is the US press release: http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/459

The keyring is nice, but I can't enter, they don't go anywhere near Lincolnshire. We have some good drivers, yes the majority of road users are tractors but thats no excuse, I happen to know some very fast tractor drivers!

So, I can't really enter also it means skiiving off school and thats a rather large no.

I have JP GT5P and I just paid for two copys of PAL GT5P, damn I wish it was out for this long weekend.

I got the Japanese version, and therefore as a normal customer i wont buy it. But since i have my GT site i would buy it to write a review for my visitors. But because of the same GT site i will get it from Sony, so no need to buy :D

You know yall might be better off buying the PAL version simply because I have heard nothing about the F2007 being in this NTSC-USA version.

kool. Im buying eu gt5 prologue next week got my g25 ready and may get the playseat. does anyone know if the playseat is any good?

Back