GT5: P [PAL], who from Europe is going to buy it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aero-R
  • 211 comments
  • 13,748 views
lol, didn't know that.
5 stores in Holland and 29 stores in Belgium :)
 
And 0 in Denmark!

Anyways, I'm getting PAL Prologue as soon as it comes
 
I pre-ordered mine months ago from Play.com.. But, since then I have fallen in love with DLC and am going for the download version instead (will just sell my pre-order Blueray copy on).

I was always against DLC. I like 'owning' something.. But after being forced to download Warhawk (Which wasn't available on Blueray anywhere) I realised WHY... I just love the convenience of being able to change games without swapping disks

I think that if I wasn't sure about a game and figured that I might want to sell it on, then I would still go Blueray.. But in cases of games which I KNOW are keepers, then I am happy to have it as a DLC.

I am not overly happy about having to pay £25 instead of £18 (Which is what I have payed for the Blueray), but to be honest £7 is worth it for the benifits of having it on the Hard-Drive.

Not everyone will agree with this.. A few months back, I would have never imagined that I would write something like this.. But I am a DLC convert!

Jon
 
Wow, so many thanks for all your answers to my thread. Seems to be that 100% is going to purchase the PAL one as soon as possible. I don't care about the date because I'll be busy first days, so for me.. wait one month more or not isn't a big deal, but the 5 cars could be a good point to purchase the NTSC-USA. Unfortunately... the online playing tell me that I should buy the PAL one (I really want to play with my friends). I really hate what Polyphony Digital did with those 5 cars because of the RX7 one, I loved it 🤬

I pre-ordered it at gamemania. When you pre-order there you get 100 extra points on your gamemania card and you get a free GT t-shirt and cap.
Great. Do you have any picture or so?, I would like to see specially that T-Shirt. Nobody have said anything about the Scalextric Pack, and I thought it could be for all the european countries, but maybe it won't so I just leave a picture here of the model (it's an Audi R8, Le Mans one):

053465.jpg

​

And the promotional flyer:

gran_turismo_5.jpg

​

I don 't have Scalextric but I'm thinking 'bout get it if possible in case I get the PAL one.
 
If the Japanese version doesn't get updated then i'm getting the NTSC, don't wanna miss out the 5 cars. Actualy 3 because i don't care for the peugeot's.
 
Me and about 1 million + oh then theres those getting it from PSN....Another half million plus the guys who will pick up in store, maybe another million.........Damn it just say 80% of PS£ owners....how manys that? This could be a long thread LOL
 
Im gonna buy the PAL version. At the end of the day, I dont buy the American or Japanese version of any game so why would I break the habit? For the sake of 5 cars im not gonna drive.

Extra tracks however..
 
DustDriver, I don't like the cap so much, but the T-Shirt is 10/10 for sure. Enjoy it dude, I would like to have one like that haha.

I've done a pre-order here in Spain to try to get one unit of that Audi R8 Le Mans Gran Turismo model. Let's see if I get luck, I'm more on % with the idea to buy a PAL edition than a NTSC-USA one, specially for the online system/friends. But I'm still thinkin' 'bout it u_u
 
Great. Do you have any picture or so?, I would like to see specially that T-Shirt. Nobody have said anything about the Scalextric Pack, and I thought it could be for all the european countries, but maybe it won't so I just leave a picture here of the model (it's an Audi R8, Le Mans one):

053465.jpg

I bought the 1:18 model last week :D

1203758780.jpg
 
Great one Fruitcake. How much for it?. That's for sure more beautiful, they should had include a 1:18 instead of the Scalextric one on the pack hehe. I would like to buy a 1:18 of the Mazda 787B any day, unfortunately I won't come on the secret-700 days-black-version of GRAN TURISMO 4 :dopey:
 
I have the JPN version
Got PAL one pre ordered just waiting now :nervous:
 
I ordered from sendit
 
I live in the US, preordered GT5P PAL a week ago, hoping to get it by April 2 or 3. I'll let you know if I can connect and race from here. If I can, I'm hoping my ping isn't too bad to the UK (or wherever). I'll buy the NA version as well if there is no update to the PAL for the 5 cars and/or no ability to play online NA without the NA copy.
 
I want freebies with my copy of GT5P!!! It's not fair. :(
 
to make it clear for me, i'll buy every single version of the game aslong as they add a few cars just to have them all :D
 
Great one Fruitcake. How much for it?. That's for sure more beautiful, they should had include a 1:18 instead of the Scalextric one on the pack hehe. I would like to buy a 1:18 of the Mazda 787B any day, unfortunately I won't come on the secret-700 days-black-version of GRAN TURISMO 4 :dopey:

I got it for 40 euro :)

There is a limited edition 1:43 version of the 787B:

9676eda6d639383929df74cjr4.jpg



(there is no 1:18 version btw)
 
If you enter the UK champioship you get this keyring.
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3852/gtwheelmk3.jpg
You could also win some other cool things.

Btw it isn't really official that the US will get 5 more extra cars. This is the US press release: http://www.us.playstation.com/News/PressReleases/459

The keyring is nice, but I can't enter, they don't go anywhere near Lincolnshire. We have some good drivers, yes the majority of road users are tractors but thats no excuse, I happen to know some very fast tractor drivers!

So, I can't really enter also it means skiiving off school and thats a rather large no.
 
I have JP GT5P and I just paid for two copys of PAL GT5P, damn I wish it was out for this long weekend.
 
I got the Japanese version, and therefore as a normal customer i wont buy it. But since i have my GT site i would buy it to write a review for my visitors. But because of the same GT site i will get it from Sony, so no need to buy :D
 
You know yall might be better off buying the PAL version simply because I have heard nothing about the F2007 being in this NTSC-USA version.
 
I've pre ordered it..
 
kool. Im buying eu gt5 prologue next week got my g25 ready and may get the playseat. does anyone know if the playseat is any good?
 
I dont care about missing 5 cars,
im buying it the day it gets released
 
Back