GT5 Painting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jeff Stamper
  • 11 comments
  • 1,863 views
Messages
10
Sorry for the simple queation, but my daughter and I are trying to paint her Mazda Miata. It says we need a paint chip and now I think I deleted the original silver ! Any help would be great. Thanks
 
The game works on a very strange system of requiring paint chips for the paint shop. You get them either by logging in daily to the PSN servers in-game (anywhere from 5 to 10, random), or by acquiring cars. If you no longer have the original (Silver Stone Metallic for most Miatas), you'll have to either buy a new one to get the chip, hope for it to be a random prize, or paint it a suitable replacement.

Hope that helps!
 
I'll check to see if I have the silver you want in my paint chip collection when I get home...
 
What color did you want? Just any silver or a specific one?
 
Well she wants it painted Green ! (Dont know why but its hers) Anyway, thanks for the help guys. I will just tell her to keep racing it silver until she starts racing. She is in nothing but practice mode now (she is 10) Thanks again
 
Give me some details...what color green, Lime-ish? Forest? I'll see what I have, maybe send you one tonight.
 
i've got a spare 'taiga green' chip if you want it, it's a nice color

or a matte light green :)
 
Last edited:
Ok please be patient while I figure all this out ! I have to get my online screen name and I will get back to you guys. I am totally new to GT5 so thanks for your patience ! By the way, went and saw The Green Hornet in 3D last night ! It was awsome especially if your my age and have seen the original show !
 
Ok, I sort of figured some things out. I am online but my daughter is not. I have a ton of paint chips also. Does she have to be an online racer to get a chip from me ? ( I assume so) By the way my online name is Stampy79. Sorry for the confusion, but I wish they gave you instructions with this stuff. Also, I set up online preferences when I installed the game. Can I change those anywhere else but when I start a new race ?
 
Last edited:
i added you if you want some colors.
you just have to go to the accesory list with the chips, then choose what color you want
then there's an option to give it to a friend, you can give it to your daughter and when she goes online, she'll receive it (at least i think that's how it goes :))
 
Back