GT5 Photo Travel Locations?

• Thread starter mav
  • 8 comments
They aren't in the game I believe, which a real shame to be honest... I don't get why they omitted them!

Perhaps for the microtransaction disaster plans...
Where did you get that idea from?! :odd:

I am also quite disappointed with the assortment of Photo Travel locations. It feels more like a Spain tourism campaign, added bonus that Southern Italy (Syracuse, Sicily) used to be a Spanish territory despite it's Ancient Greek roots.

I preferred GT5's locations for it's much broader assortments for the PS3, although that doesn't beat the previous iteration's countless photo travel destinations in GT4. They have at least covered Ahrweiler, Kyoto, Lucerne, Bern, plenty of beautiful Italian locations for the Grand Tour, Red Bull Hangar 7, and even a special NASCAR only Pit Stop photo location at Indy. Although the location themes are becoming increasingly more European-centric, there are nice sceneries to try shooting cars at.

I wonder if more are to come since GT6 is a game all about updates. Just not many Spanish towns this time. Maybe I need practice my angles as well, loosing my photographer eye for composition these days, it has become harder for me to shoot in Ronda, Syracuse, and Gemasolar.

Where did you get that idea from?! :odd:

I am also quite disappointed with the assortment of Photo Travel locations. It feels more like a Spain tourism campaign, added bonus that Southern Italy (Syracuse, Sicily) used to be a Spanish territory despite it's Ancient Greek roots.

I preferred GT5's locations for it's much broader assortments for the PS3, although that doesn't beat the previous iteration's countless photo travel destinations in GT4. They have at least covered Ahrweiler, Kyoto, Lucerne, Bern, plenty of beautiful Italian locations for the Grand Tour, Red Bull Hangar 7, and even a special NASCAR only Pit Stop photo location at Indy. Although the location themes are becoming increasingly more European-centric, there are nice sceneries to try shooting cars at.

I wonder if more are to come since GT6 is a game all about updates. Just not many Spanish towns this time. Maybe I need practice my angles as well, loosing my photographer eye for composition these days, it has become harder for me to shoot in Ronda, Syracuse, and Gemasolar.

I agree with you there...there are just way too many Spanish locations in GT6. Not that's it's a bad thing (Spain is indeed a beautiful country), but they should add more variety to the locations. I don't see how difficult it could be to simply add all locations from GT5, and additionally revamp (or re-model) some locations from GT4. Shibuya, Narita, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Venice, New York... I really miss photo travel in the GT4 days. Hope they bring them back in the future via update or in GT7.

I agree with you there...there are just way too many Spanish locations in GT6. Not that's it's a bad thing (Spain is indeed a beautiful country), but they should add more variety to the locations. I don't see how difficult it could be to simply add all locations from GT5, and additionally revamp (or re-model) some locations from GT4. Shibuya, Narita, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Venice, New York... I really miss photo travel in the GT4 days. Hope they bring them back in the future via update or in GT7.

Nothing wrong with having Mexico, Argentina and Morocco there as well! :)

The idea is having GT6 with microtransactions as you can pay for credits. I rather win them by racing via a seasonal or such a thing. I agree, there got to be more locations added just for variety, but I do like the new locations.

I was looking for an interview or an article where PD said something about new photo locations along with the original ones from GT5, but I just can't find it anymore.

I'm a little bit worried that maybe PD changed the text on the website to sort of erase it, or maybe it won't be included, but we will have to wait and hope, luckily if I do want to take a picture in Japan, I can just pop in my GT5 disc.

Back