GT5 Pre-Order Bonuses?

• Thread starter turbomp301
  • 733 comments
I have 2 unused code from my GameStop CE:
-5 Chrome cars
-McLaren F1 Stealth Car
-NASCAR Toyota GS #20
What I'm looking for: Any of the preorder cars (unused code) except the SLS.

I would really like the GT-R code since I got jipped out of it from BB. I do not have anthying to trade, but I would be willing to buy through paypal if anyone wanted to.

hey guys, sorry if it's a stupid question (I tried search for answer but had no luck) but could you tell me why doesn't my DLC code work???
I got my GT5 from Amazon and they just sent me the code for the SLS Stealth car but when I try to use it it's says the code is not valid....

DO I HAVE TO BE ON U.S. PNS ACCOUNT TO USE IT?? :scared:

I'd appreciate any help!

Tami, if you have a US code, then yes, you will have to be on a US account to redeem it.

Good thing is, the DLC car will show up in your main accounts garage when you start. :)

Just download the code by making a US account then just go back to your original account and the car should be there as well.

Tami, if you have a US code, then yes, you will have to be on a US account to redeem it.

Good thing is, the DLC car will show up in your main accounts garage when you start. :)

Just download the code by making a US account then just go back to your original account and the car should be there as well.

thanks for that!

well, I just tried but it didn't work....
I created a new US account and I could download the car but when I went back to my original account the car wasn't there. so I went back to the new account and the car wasn't there either.... hm... :grumpy:
I did that a few times downloaded it again checked it everywhere but I can't find it.... I can't be that dumb... :nervous: I don't get it

I have a spare Nissan GT-R GT500 code if anyone wants to trade. Just shoot me a pm.

<Code traded...>

Last edited:
My gamestop code doesn't work, it says it is invalid even though nobody has used it as my receipt has been lying in my room. I followed all the instructions at gamestop.com/code and it still doesn't work.

My gamestop code doesn't work, it says it is invalid even though nobody has used it as my receipt has been lying in my room. I followed all the instructions at gamestop.com/code and it still doesn't work.

There was a post earlier about these codes if I remember right. Call sony or go to gamestop to fix them. My gamestop had some leftover codes and I snagged a used GT5 copy there yesterday already. I got a code and it didnt work either.

There was a post earlier about these codes if I remember right. Call sony or go to gamestop to fix them. My gamestop had some leftover codes and I snagged a used GT5 copy there yesterday already. I got a code and it didnt work either.

Well, I called sony and got put on hold for 30 minutes until I finally gave up, and my gamestop won't be open until monday. Is there any website or something?

I have 5 AU stealth codes for all but the Audi R10...

Wife bought them thinking I could use them but didn't know about seperate regions.

These are for the:

Honda NSX
Mazda 787
McLaren F1
Mercedes Bens SLS
Nissan GT-R

Again these will not work on US, checked and she bought out of AU

Has anyone in the UK who ordered from play.com received both codes including the AMG? please pm me if you have.

Thanks

GSL

I'm still awaiting the codes from play.com, I just spoke with support who at first tried to tell me that I hadn't ordered the special edition!!. I explained that was correct but I was talking about the std edition pre-order codes. They appeared a little vague about the pre order codes. then when pushed on the matter fell back to a position of the codes will be available this week.. I said that's reassuring but what do you mean this week. she said well it's Thursday isn't it.. had to remind the operator that it might be Thursday where she was but it's Friday here and the working week ends within the hour!!

Then she admitted that there had been several people phoning some had codes, some didn't get all of them or any of them!! and that it had been escalated and that "the codes will be sent out this week" .. hmmm I'll be pissed of if I don't get my Nissan and AMG let's see what develops!

UPDATE ONE:

Just received one code for the Nissan but no AMG GRRR!!!

will chase them again tomorrow.

Update TWO:

Just off the phone, they confirmed I should have had two codes, it's being escalated again ... another 24 hour wait ... I'm beginning to think that perhaps I might not be ordering from play again!! four emails and two calls so far!

Update THREE:
Still Nothing so emailed again .. got this.. "Regards to your concern,we check your order details and we do not see any
item you've ordered from us except Gran Turismo 5.
Please kindly check your order history.For further resolution for your
issue.
"

This is frankly a Joke!!

I Called and was told I've been emailed the second code.. asked him why he couldn't tell me the second code when he could tell me the first one.. silence and his voice became very uncomfortable! I'll get them to send it again (which sounds like a brush off) time to get trading standards involved in the UK I think.

Stickers! But I would never use them, also maybe some more starting credits and like your name online could be a special colour :D

If you ordered from Play.com, just be glad you have the game at all. Mine still has not arrived. I also didn't need to read the few recent posts here to know that I WILL have trouble getting my pre-order stealth cars from them! This company seem to have real trouble filling a single order without some annoying complication or delay. Anyway, If you guys manage to get your cars, please update us on how you did it.

PM me I'm looking to trade my GT-R GT500 Stealth code for the following:

McLaren F1 Stealth
NSX GT500 Stealth

g25_apc_update_112410_01.jpg

PM me, TIA. 👍

And update for your amusement:

Play.com - "We cannot help until the item has taken over 21 days for delivery. Please inform us if the item has not arrived by 10/12/2010"

My question about my pre-order cars was not even acknowledged. Is there a expiry date on the pre-order codes? DOes anyone know?

FYI codes from EU will not work with NA version and vice versa, regardless what PSN account you redeem with.

I bought all the stealth cars on ebay and the seller canceled the sale and refunded my money before shipping the item for this specific reason - it was confirmed DLC will only work on the region PSN and region game disc it was intended for. :grumpy:

Kudos to the seller for being honest!

I tried to PM you but my PM function does not work.

Maybe it's because I just signed up so the forum wont let me send PMs yet, could you email me.

No spaces obviously, but I have a gamestop mclaren + nascar code I'd like to trade. Thanks!

You needed to have your first post approved before you could PM.

I edited your post somewhat to correct some capitalization errors. Please work to use capitals at the start of sentences in the future.

Last edited:
EDK
You needed to have your first post approved before you could PM.

I edited your post somewhat to correct some capitalization errors. Please work to use capitals at the start of sentences in the future.

I looked around briefly on the forum and didn't see a faq for new members, so I was not sure what exactly the system was as far as PMing and posting goes. Thanks again for your help and clarification.

And update for your amusement:

Play.com - "We cannot help until the item has taken over 21 days for delivery. Please inform us if the item has not arrived by 10/12/2010"

My question about my pre-order cars was not even acknowledged. Is there a expiry date on the pre-order codes? DOes anyone know?

The expiry date for my code for all the stealth cars from Game UK was 31/12/10 so you should be alright.

Back