GT5 Prologue Dec. 13th (US)release??

• Thread starter URBsmkr
  • 81 comments
I could be wrong but I thought that I remembered PD anouncing a Spring/Summer 08' release for GT5 the full version. It would'nt make sense to release GT5-P in March 08'(which some believe to be the release date) then a month or two later release GT5, unless GT5-P was for free(which we all know will not be the case). Also if GT5 the full version is to be released this spring or summer who knows how long they have been done with GT5-P. Probably months....who knows? I'm just speculating.....my fingers are crossed just like the rest of ya!!

I could be wrong but I thought that I remembered PD anouncing a Spring/Summer 08' release for GT5 the full version. It would'nt make sense to release GT5-P in March 08'(which some believe to be the release date) then a month or two later release GT5, unless GT5-P was for free(which we all know will not be the case). Also if GT5 the full version is to be released this spring or summer who knows how long they have been done with GT5-P. Probably months....who knows? I'm just speculating.....my fingers are crossed just like the rest of ya!!
There is no official release date for GT5, but I believe Kaz has said they hope to get it out in Japan by the end of 2008, which is also why many do not expect to see an English version of GT5 until then or more likely sometime in 2009.

I agree. Considering the delays in past GT games, delays in most major next-gen games, and the apparent size of the GT5 development project, late 2008 seems extremely unlikely.

It does appear there are several threads in the GT5 forum that are specifically about GT5:P and the demo... it would be nice if either the authors or a mod would move them. 👍

Where is the Mod of War when you need him?

pakokratoscr3.png

:D

Nope, I mean Belgium

I read it on the website of game mania. Biggest game store chain in Belgium. This could also mean, that it will be released in Europe at the same date.

Proof:

Expected release date in Belgium: March 5th, 2008.
Ooooh... yeah, that would make a bunny cry. Yuck. Hopefully the Prologue team can manage to get this thing out a little sooner than that for the rest of us. The thing is, I don't know how much work it's going to take to get the entire infrastructure running for online. This is pretty ambitious of Polyphony, providing us with a Myspace, GT TV and other things, not just online play. They may even be putting the groundwork in on a Forza style auction house. For once, this isn't just a matter of translating a bunch of menus, but creating an entire network system for dozens of regions.

But the question you must ask yourself is if the Belgium market is as important to PD as the US market. Besides for the Japanese market, I see the US as being next on the list of priorities for sales/promotion. We're the automotive capitol of the world in my opinion.Also why would they have placed the two new GT5-P videos in the US playstation store in the last month and a half, and show clips of the game in the holiday season commercials? That would be a bit premature if the game isn't to be released until March of 08'. I could be wrong but all the signs are pointing to a pre-Christmas release. But who knows???

Also....things change with time, I remember PD announcing that GT5-P would be a free download and now people are saying that the game is going to cost $49.99. So that leads me to believe that they have realized that there is an extremely high demand for the game and decided to soak up all those holiday millions!

Also....things change with time, I remember PD announcing that GT5-P would be a free download and now people are saying that the game is going to cost $49.99. So that leads me to believe that they have realized that there is an extremely high demand for the game and decided to soak up all those holiday millions!

They never said GT5P would be free they said that the GT5P demo would be free & it was.

But the question you must ask yourself is if the Belgium market is as important to PD as the US market. Besides for the Japanese market, I see the US as being next on the list of priorities for sales/promotion. We're the automotive capitol of the world in my opinion.Also why would they have placed the two new GT5-P videos in the US playstation store in the last month and a half, and show clips of the game in the holiday season commercials? That would be a bit premature if the game isn't to be released until March of 08'. I could be wrong but all the signs are pointing to a pre-Christmas release. But who knows???

There has been more indication of a Euro/PAL Prologue release than a US one, EU had previously a official 2007 release date (that hasn't been officially changed as far as I know), EU has had a few Prologue video online for quite awhile now.

Sure the US will get it (as it was announced but never dated), but I wouldn't put any hope into getting it this year, even I a PAL territory gamer have no hope of it being released this year so I ordered it from Japan.

US (the "automotive capitol") didn't even get Prologue at all last time.

Oh yeah and never was it announced by PD that Prologue was going to be free, that was falsely reported by gaming websites.

With the Japanese edition fast approaching,we should get announcements on other territories release dates within the next few weeks....hopefully.

For all you doubters (of the December 13th release of Prologue in U.S.). Remember what happened with the GTHD demo, a vast majority of people thought it would only release in Japan, and it was not even announced for U.S.. Everyone in North America rushed to create Japanese PSN accounts when none was needed. Americans happily downloaded it at the same time as Japan did. :) It would be a huge mistake for Sony during the holiday shopping season to not offer the gold standard a.k.a. GT in the U.S.. Failure for Sony right now is not an option. GRAN TURISMO IS A SYSTEM SELLER. I pray every day for Polyphony Digital to release it simultaneously. If IT DOES NOT RELEASE AT THE SAME, WHEN WILL IT RELEASE, IN JULY WHEN GT5's RELEASE IS LOOMING ONLY SIX MONTHS AWAY, WHY PAY 40 EXTRA DOLLARS THEN? :(

Edit: The new videos on the U.S. PSN signal Polyphony Digital's North American release intentions. We are an important market for the game. We accounted for more than half of GT4's sales. Our presence is felt. I am addressing Rocket punch's comments on how N.A. has a very small driving game market. Of the 9.2 million GT4 sales numbers, 5.7 million of those sales were from the U.S. and also half of all GT3 sales were made in the U.S. of A., statement Debunked.
good post and agreed 100%

I see the US as being next on the list of priorities for sales/promotion. We're the automotive capitol of the world in my opinion.

Umm, no. The US has not been the automotive capital since the beancounters in Detroit stopped concentrating on product and shifted all focus to marketing, finance, and short-term profitability. Not sure how old you are, but if you witnessed the steady decline of innovation and quality from 1970 until the present only blind patriotism and foolishness (the US has this in spades!-that's why Pontiac sold so many Grand Am's) could convince you that this is the center of the automotive universe. We have been playing catch-up for a long, long time now.

Sorry to veer off topic but that comment required a response.

Sheer population is the only reason, IMHO, that PD would place a very high priority on the NA market.

As somewhat an update on the possible release date for an english verision of gt5:P eb games in aus has gt5 prologue listed as coming out in january 2008. this was in their november catalogue though so they could just be guessing for all i know.

Sheer population is the only reason, IMHO, that PD would place a very high priority on the NA market.
Err... yeah, I do believe that companies cater to a large customer base. ;)

And I'm hopeful that the heads of the various SCEs realize that America is an important market to target for not just Gran Turismo, but the PS3. We're right up there with the rest of the planet as far as PS3 and game sales go. And of course I don't want to neglect our comrades around the globe. We all want our Prologue, darn it.

I don't know how reliable this information is, but on channel 55 (the TV guide channel where I live) the was a holiday show about the coolest gifts this holiday season and this Ryan Seacrest type of dude played GT5P(in one of those sit down arcade style race booths) and rated it. This prompted me to call gamestop and see if they had a US release date. He said no but there is a downloadable Demo available now in the PS store that features one car and one track. So maybe DEC 13th isn't the US release date but all these signs lead me to believe that a pre-Christmas release is in the cards! But who knows?? One thing I do know though is that PD will lose hundreds of millions if it isn't relesed before Christmas....yeah there will still be alot of people who but it afterwards but there are going to be alot of parents/boyfriends/girlfriends/grandparents/wifes/husbands/brothers/sisters/sons/daughters who are going to be all shopped out and not want to look at a retail store!

If there is a 1 track/1 car demo, it's not in the US store. I can't even find GT:HD in Games/Demos/Racing Games.

Back