GT5 Prologue Dec. 13th (US)release??

• Thread starter URBsmkr
  • 81 comments
some info from IGN.

December 11, 2007 - Sony has announced a schedule for online content to beef up the driving experience in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, set for Japanese release both in Blu-Ray disk and PlayStation Network download form later this week.

Starting on launch day, 12/13, distribution will begin on free video content for the Gran Turismo TV mode with two programs, "Tokyo Motor Show 2007" and "First Impression Lancer Evolution X." Sony will also start off a text news service, featuring updates from car dealers. You'll also be able to access motor sports related news, maps and weather information for major world raceways, and a calendar.

Actual online play modes will be available just in time for Christmas. Log on to GT5 Prologue in the afternoon on 12/25, and you'll be able to download network battle updates for the game's arcade and time attack modes. Also available on this day will be a Museum mode, featuring histories for car manufacturers.

Other free download content set for release before the end of the year includes two GTTV downloads: The GT-R Legend Inside Story II on 12/14, and The GT-R Legend Inside Story III later in the month. Paid video content for GTTV won't begin until the end of January.

In case you're wondering exactly what you'll be getting if you pick up the import copy of GT5 Prologue on the 13th, here's a full list of features as detailed at the game's official website:

5 Courses, 10 Layouts
Super Speedway Daytona
Road Course Daytona
Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka Circuit East Course
Fuji Speedway F
Fuji Speedway GT
Eiger Nordwand Course
Eiger Nordwand Course (reverse)
London City Course
London City Course (reverse)

37 CARS
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R
Audi TT Coupe 32 Quatro
Acura NSX
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark
Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6)
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R)
Suzuki Swift Sports
Subaru Impressa WRX STI
Daihatsu OFC-1
Daihatsu Copen Active Top
Dodge Viper GTS
TVR Tuscan Speed Six
Nissan GT-R (R35)
Nissan GT-R Proto
Nissan Skyline GT-R V Spec II Nur (R34)
Nissan Skyline Coupe 270GT Type SP (V36)
Nissan Skyline Coupe Concept
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP (V36)
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33)
BMW 135i Coupe
BMW WM3 Coupe
BMW Z4
Ferrari 599
Ferrari F430
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium
Volkswagon Golf IV GTI
Honda Integra Type R (DC5)
Mazda Atenza Sports (2007 Tokyo Motor Show Prototype)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package
Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG (R230)
Lancia Delta HF Integra
Renault Clio V6 24V
Lexus ISF
Lotus Elise
Lotus Elise 111R

Game Modes
Arcade (single player with up to 16 cars)
Arcade (time trial)
Event Race (3 categories, 24 events)

Video Content
Gran Turismo TV
The GT-R Legend Inside Story I
Course Guide Movie

Sony's information page states that the game requires 5,121 megabytes of hard disk space. We're not sure at the moment if those who pick up the Blu-Ray disk version will be able to get away with less space

If it is still going to be $40, I'm not sold on it. I would pay $15 maybe $20 for it but no more than that, I mean this is like 1/25th of what GT5 will be in terms of cars, courses, and races.

If it is still going to be $40, I'm not sold on it. I would pay $15 maybe $20 for it but no more than that, I mean this is like 1/25th of what GT5 will be in terms of cars, courses, and races.

Yeh, for casual palyers i wouldn't recommened, it but for someone like me who enjoys the GT series, its seems worthwhile, since this 'preview' is still going to very good.

You have the cheapest games (and consoles) in the whole world and you can't stop whining. Take a look european games (and consoles) prices

You have the cheapest games (and consoles) in the whole world and you can't stop whining. Take a look european games (and consoles) prices

Yeah it is so true, a full new PS3 game here costs 70 euros thats about 130 dollars, its completely unfair :grumpy:

I'm predicting GT5 won't be out until 2011 or 2012, so this will be a worthy purchase in the meantime. I'm mostly getting it to play online.

I'm predicting GT5 won't be out until 2011 or 2012, so this will be a worthy purchase in the meantime. I'm mostly getting it to play online.

Well with those dates at least your not going to be disappointed! At the very least it will be out in 09 and worst case scenario 2010.

Yeah it is so true, a full new PS3 game here costs 70 euros thats about 130 dollars, its completely unfair :grumpy:

More like $105, but still you're totally right, it's just too damn expensive. The PS3 alone was almost 70% of a month's pay, and being the games so expensive I can only afford to buy 3 or 4 each year, if things go well.

More like $105, but still you're totally right, it's just too damn expensive. The PS3 alone was almost 70% of a month's pay, and being the games so expensive I can only afford to buy 3 or 4 each year, if things go well.

70%!? So that's like equivalent to around $2800...€1800 or so? That's ridiculous.

That's outrageous. Hopefully more games show up online so you can 'import' them via download on whichever store is cheapest.

How much do you think the average person earns?

$2800 is what, roughly £1400, if that was 70% of the average wage, the average wage would be £2000 per month, that's £24000 per year. The vast majority of people are close to £10000 a year short of that, some more. It's only the filthy rich that tip the balance.

the PS3 was when I bought mine, £420, roughly $840 with two pads and 3 games. Games here cost about £45-£50 when new, that's $90-$100 USD, roughly.

How much do you think the average person earns?

$2800 is what, roughly £1400, if that was 70% of the average wage, the average wage would be £2000 per month, that's £24000 per year. The vast majority of people are close to £10000 a year short of that, some more. It's only the filthy rich that tip the balance.

the PS3 was when I bought mine, £420, roughly $840 with two pads and 3 games. Games here cost about £45-£50 when new, that's $90-$100 USD, roughly.

Well, yes, I did assumed a $4000 wage, perhaps wrongfully.

When I bought my PS3, I paid $650 for the PS3, $1300 for TV, $70 for game, $10 for HDMI cable, and add 13% tax on all that. And I am still a student working at a crappy McDonald's.

Let me add something too, I still pay over $2250 of tuitions per semester in a trimester system for my university courses, so it's not like I am completely devoting all my money to play.

If I can afford it, I think many people can too. It's not a matter of whether being able to afford, whereas it's more of whether you are willing.

To answer the above, PS3 was 600 euros (roughly US $900), I make less than 1000 euros a month (less than US $1500), so that's how much it costed me to have one.

Why not buy guys from Amazon.com or eBay and ship it to the EU?? Games are region free right?

Chris

Back