GT5: Prologue for AU$49.76!

  • Thread starter Thread starter flubbachany
  • 100 comments
  • 5,504 views
Messages
377
Messages
BrYAnT_JnR
In the latest Dick Smith Electronics (DSE) catalogue, GT5:P is advertised for $49.76. Take this in to your local EB Games or GAME and see whether they will price match (RRP in those stores is $59.95). I tried today and the guy at GAME said that DSE was crazy. He told me he should be able to price match when the game is released, but so far, as they do not have the details on how much it costs them to get GT5:P in, he wasn't able to give me a guarantee.

Oh well, I got my Rewards Voucher worth $16.50 anyway =P
 
I pre ordered 2 copies today from EB, they said they would price match JB hifi's $49.95 but that would have to be on pickup of the game, I paid $49.95 for the two now and when it is ready for pickup I have to quote the JB hifi price (or DSE thanks for the tip) :)
 
jb-hifi has their price at $49ish online but when i spoke to them on the phone their in store price is $57

Great to hear about the dse price. Will quote that at ebgames next thursday

edit: just came across this from the dse website.

page_128733_HANDYMAN_P7_resize.jpg
 
Just scanned the brochure for all you guys.



Enjoy =]

Edit: Also note that they have the Logitech G25 going for $298. I'm not sure what the normal retail price is, but I've always thought of it as AU$400+
 
Yeah I got my G25 back aound mid early December for $298 at DSE, great price.
 
Speaking of G25's, probably a bit off topic, but the guy at GAME told me the Lidcombe store or something were selling them for $40 at one stage!!! Only 5 were sold though...
 
What is the cost of a full game in Australia? Is GT5:P 33 percent cheaper there too? Just wondering.
 
What is the cost of a full game in Australia? Is GT5:P 33 percent cheaper there too? Just wondering.

New titles range from AU$99.95 to $119.95. It's bloody crazy and we're getting ripped off hard here. You can get the same games form Hong Kong legit for about AU$60. So glad that GT5:P is only $60(RRP) :D
 
So GT5P is a little over half the cost of a regular game? Interesting.
 
ah found it in the online brochures. its in "WIN the big renovation" dick smith powerhouse catalogue. its on page 11. Really odd that powerhouse and dse are listing different prices.

also interesting to note is the ps3 gt5 bundle for the same price as what the ps3 is listed for on its own on page 7 of the same catalogue lol
 
Put $10 down, and get $10 off at Dick Smith, which means $45.
 
Put $10 down, and get $10 off at Dick Smith, which means $45.

its not exactly clear if it is 55 before or after the 10 dollars off pre-order i'd like to think its 45 with pre-order but can't be sure with advertising these days.
 
jb-hifi has their price at $49ish online but when i spoke to them on the phone their in store price is $57

Great to hear about the dse price. Will quote that at ebgames next thursday

edit: just came across this from the dse website.

page_128733_HANDYMAN_P7_resize.jpg

That KID is holding up Gears OF War. its a game for MATURE audiences not for kids. Thats why many people don't take games too seriously. :grumpy:
 
page_129049_PWR_RENO_P11_resize.jpg


this kid looks even worse. these kids need some riddlin
 
Only 1 week, 1 week and Aussies finally get GT5:P blu-ray. Bit disappointed we don't get the High Speed Ring. Anyways, first I need a router to get all system updates, then sign up for PSN, then I look forward to racing you all 👍 (I'll be on the "white list" :D)

Do we need the updates to play GT5:P?
 
Annoying to see that GT5:P + PS3 is 350 euro in the UK, 370 euro in Australia and 400 euro in Holland :yuck:
 
Gosh your games are expensive over there! Amazon UK are offering GT5P for £17 free delivery!
 
We do get High speed ring.





Yeah Only the system updates (2.17), which I imagine will be on the GT5P disk anyway.

2.20 is already coming but is not needed to play GT5:P:

Here are some of the other new features/enhancements that will be included in Firmware v2.20:

* The ability to copy PS3 Music and Photo playlists to a PSP system. We introduced the ability to create Music and Photo playlists on the PS3 in firmware update v2.0. Now you can easily export your playlists to your PSP.
* You can now play DivX and WMV format files that are over 2 GB.
* Resume Play - begin playing a DVD or BD disc from the point where you previously stopped it, even if you eject the disc and insert a different movie or game.
* Use your PSP as a remote control to play back your music files on your PS3 without turning on your TV.
* The Internet browser now displays some web pages faster. In addition [Save Target] has been added as an option under file. This option lets you save a file that is linked to a web page to your PS3 hard drive or storage media.

There are a few other tweaks and upgrades included in v2.20 - we’ll provide more specifics as the update is about to go live.
 
VIPERGTSR01 said in the second post that he pre-ordered two copies.
 
i'm holding off pre-ordering basically to see what prices do come about with other stores and will price match those stores. That and it's not like there will be a stock shortage so whether I pre-order or not I will get the game thursday morning.
 
Yeah I don't think there will be any shortages (I have never missed out of any game yet), but just incase pre-ordered players get free stuff is my main concern, like the Japanese version I got stickers. :)
 
Yeah I don't think there will be any shortages (I have never missed out of any game yet), but just incase pre-ordered players get free stuff is my main concern, like the Japanese version I got stickers. :)

i've noticed uncharted has been sold out at at least 2 ebgames i've been to the last fortnight. Was thinking of exploiting the 7 day money back guarentie with eb. Seems like a game good to play once but would lose any playability once you finish it.
 
We do get High speed ring.





Yeah Only the system updates (2.17), which I imagine will be on the GT5P disk anyway.

Yay!

And, when I get the router and internet availability to my PS3, click on the system updates, how long will I have to wait for it all to update???

PS- It comes out this week, what day??
 
yikes, you guys are getting reamed down there! the g25 is available in canada for $180, and the GT5P is $39!
 
At my local EB Games I've per-ordered so I trade 2 PS3 games(F1c&Juiced2) and get Prologue free.:)
 
wait a few months and you can get it for $20 or less..... ;)
 
Back