GT5: Prologue for AU$49.76!

  • Thread starter Thread starter flubbachany
  • 100 comments
  • 5,504 views
Wonder if I should pre-order the GT driving force from Dick Smith if they sell the G25 that cheap, or would I be better getting it from JB or Harvey Norman once it comes out, I'm not sure.
 
a retailer near me has confirmed his supplier has got GT5P copy's, stores should get them very soon. :D
 
2 days!!!!!!! Heading straight to the GAME store straight after school on thursday :D
 
I wouldn't be suprised if you could pick it up mid tommorrow, but I would ring first.



how long will I have to wait for it all to update???

Depends on your internet connection, I am downloading the 2.20 update right now and on my 1500k connection it is taking a good 20mins or more.

PS- It comes out this week, what day??

Officially thursday, but possibly tommorrow (wednesday)
 
Well if anyone does manage to get it a day earliy give us a heads up here! :D
 
Well if anyone does manage to get it a day earliy give us a heads up here! :D

Sure will.


At my local EB Games I've per-ordered so I trade 2 PS3 games(F1c&Juiced2) and get Prologue free.:)

Will they accept F1:CE considering it was given away with a lot of PS3 bundles?
 
Mm, I think everyone should try and pick up a copy tomorrow night. It’s usually EB games who have their copies stocked a day early. There’s nothing more satisfying then playing a game before the official release date… It worked for me when NFS: Pro Street was released 👍
 
Mm, I think everyone should try and pick up a copy tomorrow night. It’s usually EB games who have their copies stocked a day early. There’s nothing more satisfying then playing a game before the official release date… It worked for me when NFS: Pro Street was released 👍

Not much chance getting Prolouge early from EB, they're pretty strick on street date's... plus employee's can loose their job if they decide to sell one early.
 
might try my luck getting a copy tomorrow. I remember seeing some games out a day early at eb games but thought it was just the game was out earlier than expected.
 
I'll give them a call straight after school tomorrow (yay! early finish!!!). If GAME has copies ready to be picked up I'll be sure to let you guys know!
 
A person on another forum just said that GT5:P got recalled, :(
 
Phew seems to be just DSE, everyone else seems to be getting orders.
 
Hopefully, if it is true I wonder why DSE pulled copies?
 
Hopefully, if it is true I wonder why DSE pulled copies?

They could have got a couple of copies with scratched disks or something like that, and they didn't want to take the risk so they re-called the lot for now
 
Hmm it's so tempting to go in and buy it tomorrow but the fact I can have it permanantly on the hdd if I can hang out till Friday night which is probably how long it'll take to have downloaded 1.8 gig, I just have to hang on grrrrrrrrr
 
Probably to stop some retailers from releasing the game early. Well I HOPE that's the reason...can't think of any other reason tehy would recall.
 
Hello fellow Australians.

I pre ordered mine at a local video game store here (second game i've bought from them, COD4 being the first). I admit i payed the full price (59). But eh, to save ten dollars for hassle i just said "stuff it". Hopefully i'll get a call tomorrow. He will ring if it gets in a week early. Was his words. :P

PS. I have a High Definition capture card (both via HDMI and Component so i can cap from the PS3) so i may be able to do some video's if anyone is at all interested in high quality ones (and they aren't silly requests :P) if i have the time.
 
this kid looks even worse. these kids need some riddlin
I did notice he was using a PS1 controller in that picture. Surely a kid that age could not look so overwhelmed about a console that's been around before he was born…

Sorry for the offtopic… but that kinda annoyed me. :lol:
 
Anyone managed to get their hands on a copy of the game yet?
 
i'm waiting to go shops at around 4-430 with the logic that they might put the products on the shelves just before closing time so that they don't have to do it in the morning.
 
GAME has received their copies but aren't willing to jump the release date until a retailer such as DSE or EB or JB has done so.
 
GAME has received their copies but aren't willing to jump the release date until a retailer such as DSE or EB or JB has done so.

you could tell them that jb is selling them already? I was thinking of trying that trick on my eb.
 
you could tell them that jb is selling them already? I was thinking of trying that trick on my eb.

Haha damn it didn't occur to me to lie. I told them play.com had already sent out copies and stuff, and tehy said they need proper retail stores. Well if it works on your EB let us know! Then I can convince them to jump the gates.
 
I already ordered the GT5:P bundle this morning to be picked up tomorrow morning. Anyone know if EB ever does additional deals? I'm thinking since I'm paying $700 they should throw in NFS:Pro Street or a game of similar price.
 
I already ordered the GT5:P bundle this morning to be picked up tomorrow morning. Anyone know if EB ever does additional deals? I'm thinking since I'm paying $700 they should throw in NFS:Pro Street or a game of similar price.


In a retailers eyes 700 dollars isn't a lot of money so I doubt you can get anything free. Also price match them as i know gametraders and I think dick smith sell the gt5 bundle for 678.

You really need to spend well over 2k to start getting anything decent free.
 
Well if you go to Dick Smith and ask whether they'll do deals they often do (DSE Powerhouses that is). I reckon if you go to DSE and see whether they'll do it and report back to EB they might do it. Either that or cancel ur order form EB and go to DSE
 
Well if you go to Dick Smith and ask whether they'll do deals they often do (DSE Powerhouses that is). I reckon if you go to DSE and see whether they'll do it and report back to EB they might do it. Either that or cancel ur order form EB and go to DSE

Southland has one right? They're the closest store near me. So I'll see about going there.
 
Back