GT5: Prologue for AU$49.76!

  • Thread starter Thread starter flubbachany
  • 100 comments
  • 5,504 views
for sydney people, jb hifi city store is selling gt5 from today.
 
Awesome! Shame though, the guy at GAME said that he'd have to call the manager before he can clear it and that might take all day =[
 
EB games I pre-ordered my copy with got it in today, but like others will not sell it to me until tommorrow. :(
 
i went to Northland in Preston and went through to every shop that would sell ps3 games. EB games refused to sell the game prior to tomorrow but Toys R Us had the game for 49.95 on the shelf so picked up a copy and about to start downloading the update now :D Oddly enough the Dick Smith Powerhouse that was near by isn't selling the game yet but are selling the ps3 gt5 bundle.
 
Congrats, this is why I don't usually like Pre-ordering, oh well I can until tommorrow I guess :(
 
I managed to score myself a copy today :) 👍... and of all places, it was Myers.
It was odd though. The game was completely sold out during the daytime at all Gametrader stores... And EB games for some reason couldn't even sell copies a day prior to release date, so they obviously lost some business.

Anyway, brilliant game once you suit the controls to your liking. First car is a Focus ST... and loving it :)
 
Could you post up some shots of its interior? Always been interested in what it looks like on the inside.
 
Grabbed my copy today too. Target at Centro Shopping Centre (Glen Waverly @ VIC) started selling them today too. Doesn't look like anyone (general public) noticed though as there were still heaps of copies there.
 
Damn :banghead: it :banghead: Damn :banghead: it :banghead: I all of a sudden can't afford this game for a while, maybe 2 weeks at least :(

On the plus side I got a steering wheel for my Ute :D (See where the money went yet? :sly:)
 
Just picked up my copy. Off to some racing now :)
 
Just picked up a copy as well. I've got a question though did any one get beyond the apex vid? cause i didn't get one....
 
Got mine today, and as I speak am waiting as it goes through its second update, takes sooooo long.


Also as I expected, no bonus movie.
 
Halfway through A class now. Came across a few races where they are impossible in professional but it seems its a lot more obvious which races they are. The time trials suck!
 
Halfway through B class! And I haven't updated the game yet, I couldn't wait to start it! Oh and my internet's capped ><"
 
Halfway through B class! And I haven't updated the game yet, I couldn't wait to start it! Oh and my internet's capped ><"

wait till you are uncapped in that case. less people updating and I think the update is 400mb from what i read in other posts.

Did anyone in Australia have any probs updating? It was fairly fast (10-15 min) and no stuff ups when it was updating
 
Lol I think this thread's become the Australian GT5:P thread =P
 
$45 at DSE :)
I actually put $50 down at EB 2 days ago, then took the DSE catalog in this morning and they matched it for me and a friend :)
 
I got my copy early this morning, it's sitting there, still rapped, collecting dust.
 
Anyone else fine the GTR '07 a beast of a car to handle? Especially around HSR and Daytona Infield, the car just oversteers if you're braking while turning. Still love it though! Always love a challenge :D
 
Anyone else fine the GTR '07 a beast of a car to handle? Especially around HSR and Daytona Infield, the car just oversteers if you're braking while turning. Still love it though! Always love a challenge :D

yeah it is a beast to handle and if I tried to correct the oversteer the car just spins most of the time.... tried the car @ daytona
 
Would you all stop teasing me with your acquiration of the game rofc (roll on floor crying). I'll get it one day- just you all wait.
 
when i play online it just matches me to a room. ive heard that it is possible to search rooms and pick which room you want to race?
if you have NAT 1 (best connection) something to do with router.
you can host a room. i have NAT 2 so it just auto matches me to a room.
i want to be able to choose who i race with.
 
Got it on Thursday, and I love it.

The thing I was looking forward to the most was the car interiors, and IMHO PD nailed them perfectly.
 
Finally got it my Australian friends. Anyone interested send me a friend request 👍 Look forward to racing you.
 
Finally got it my Australian friends. Anyone interested send me a friend request 👍 Look forward to racing you.

Look forward to seeing you online:tup:
Look out for my blue tuned Evo X!
 
Back