GT5: Prologue menu translations

• Thread starter super_fla
  • 255 comments
For those of you out there still playing the JPN version the news reads

Thank you for racing online in Gran Turismo 5Prologue.

We are currently working on analysing your play logs to provide you with a more vaired and balanced set of events,and with the increase in the number of users pplaying online this is taking longer than anticipated.

Therefore ,the online events will not be updated on the 10th April as originally planned.
The new update schedule will be posted on this news section soon.

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Here comes the latest news for Apr/10 and Apr/11 on Japanese official GT site, just a rough translation, please correct me if I'm wrong.

April 10, 2008

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/news/d2078.html

American version promotion Movie opening to the public

The promotional movie for USA version of GT5P is now available to the public.

The BGM is a specially arranged song from a popular rock band called "Wieser" (? not sure about the original name), it is scheduled to be added in the Japanese version in the future.

Please check the following link for it

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/movie/d2076.html

April 10, 2008

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/news/d2082.html

Apology concerning replay data of drift ranking

All the replay data of the drift trial in Ranking (ranking) has been deleted by the mistake during the processing of the server data around 9:40PM, Thursday, April 10.

We might not be able to restore the lost data.

We are really sorry for the mistake. We have reviewed our procedures and we will do our absolute best to prevent this kind of problem from happening again.

Please kindly continue to support GT5P.

April 11, 2008

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/news/d2083.html

The next update of GT5P Spec II begins around Tuesday, April 15's evening (Japanese time).

The update is mainly to improve some of the confirmed problems, nothing major will be added.

Please note the followings and read the update details before updating when it is announced on that day.

(1) All ranking is reset along with the update.

(2) The key assign settings will be reset along with the update.

(3) Online services of GT5P will be under maintenance from noon to 6:00PM on Tuesday, April 15. Please take notice that you will not be able to connect to the service during the maintenance period.

* the maintenance might start earlier or end a little longer than expected

* Both your PS3 and GT5P (BD or PSN DL) are required for the update

Guys I have a problem. I have the Japanese Copy of Prologue and I cannot upgrade the game... or else, I don't know how. I've got a Japanese PSN account however I couldn't find anywhere from where to upgrade the game. Can somebody please tell me how to upgrade it please? Thanks

Guys I have a problem. I have the Japanese Copy of Prologue and I cannot upgrade the game... or else, I don't know how. I've got a Japanese PSN account however I couldn't find anywhere from where to upgrade the game. Can somebody please tell me how to upgrade it please? Thanks

you don't need to use a Japanese account to upgrade your GT5P disc. i used my official account which is French.

check this thread to learn how to proceed with update 2.00 and this one for the latest update 2.10.

The BGM is a specially arranged song from a popular rock band called "Wieser" (? not sure about the original name), it is scheduled to be added in the Japanese version in the future.

the band is Weezer! :D

Does anyone have the translation for the spec II menus?

which menus? you mean with Drift Trial and stuff? i think it was already available in the forum, isn't it?

EDIT: English game manual can be downloaded from here.

Sorry to dig up the thread (wasn't this stickied before?) but im trying to update my JPN prologue to the latest (1.3?) version..

I get the update and get the thing that says press the PS button and exit.. then when I reload the game there is some license thing and two buttons below it.. any combination I try seems to either lead to the quit game messange or load it without the update... I can't read what it is saying.

Basically which buttons do I choose to update the game? every time I start it up it asks me again.

Any help would be really appreciated..

Robin

I am still using the japanese version of GTP5.
Can someone please post the english translations of the menus (of the menus that have changed eg. networking)

I expect the layout to be the same as the Japan version. I have the JPN version so I'll put in to see if anything seems different later, but I don't know any Japanese. Hope these help.
net1bu7.jpg

net2mz0.jpg

net3mb1.jpg

net41tu3.jpg

net5pc1.jpg

This User agreement pops up when you remove the tick on 'Disable Advanced Download Option'

The Maximum upload speed is set at 256 kbps and is ghosted out even though it looks bright in the image. I've not tried to see if I can select by changing other settings.

There's lots of scrolling text regarding each option. I can write it down if needed.

Expansion data is My page backgrounds, demonstrations. You can check for new data or delete the new backgrounds. No replays or GTTV will be deleted.

Disable Advanced Download Option - Disabled means you only download Content/Data from the server. Enabled means you link up to other PS3's that have this enabled.

Last edited:
Awesome thanks for that. I my JPN game I can select any upload speed. I changed it from 4mbps to 256K. It set to on by default. Should be that way in the PAL game too, wonder why its not.

Last edited:
i cant go online i get a msg that says something in Japanese and then it starts downloading or something and it it took three hours and after it finished i still get the same thing

Back