GT5 Prologue Spec 4 - Would you like the next update to have??

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 457 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Now that spec 3 has just came out, with 3 good new cars, just wondering what people like to see in the next update.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

I would like new tracks and online events plus hud on / off options mainly. I know most people want online lobbys and full on damage- but lets face it- thats not happening any time soon. Another thing i would love to have is a few race cars(Mugan NSX, Tom's supra, Pennzoil nismo, etc). This would be a great idea because there could be a special race car online events.

What do you think??

I think spec III isn't complete yet and I still have hope for private rooms / damage in the coming weeks. I expect them to reveal some details at the Tokyo Game Show next week.

yeah hope so. As i said in my first post i don't think "full on" damage is coming yet. By this i mean if we see damage at the tokyo game show it may just be for a few cars but i hope not :(

what I want to see is adjustable antiroll bars and differentials :ouch: withou them the cars aren't half as good as they could be..

To be honest damage is a no no at any time for me......... imagine the carnage online if you are tagged from behind? At least with the RBE and a 100% healthy car you can make up time.

With a damaged car.... no hope.

All this harping and whinging about damage annoys me to no end. Want damage? Go play Grid.

I believe that damage is planned to be dynamic - i.e. it isn't predetermined levels / stages of damage for each model... something like Burnout. So that should mean any model can be damaged.

I also thought I heard that PD were modelling and constructing cars in a different way so that panels are seperate components, enabling the implementation of damage to be more realistic.

I remember an interview with Yamauchi in april. When being asked if they use real crash test data for the damage model, he answered that they among other things use such data. Another detail which gives hope that we will actually get decent and realistic damage and not just a bad excuse of a damage model.

Damage is over-rated. I would like to see some Dawn/Dusk variations of tracks, or some dynamic weather such as overcast conditions or light/heavy rain. I really am looking forward to how the vehicle interior views will look in a night race and how they will create more realistic lighting from a cars headlamps.

Damage is over-rated. I would like to see some Dawn/Dusk variations of tracks, or some dynamic weather such as overcast conditions or light/heavy rain. I really am looking forward to how the vehicle interior views will look in a night race and how they will create more realistic lighting from a cars headlamps.

Now that is an addition that is adding to the overall feel of the game..... unlike damage.

I would person like more than any thing the ability to have private sessions were a group of friends can race together with there own cars. It would be nice if you could connect 2 PS3s together and each driver can select his own cars and settings.
Damage is really not important.

Honestly, all I really want is a few race cars (as said, the Castrol Supra, can't wait to see how they do the interiors) and maybe a few more tracks. I want a track that combines technical and speed for testing out cars better, and the only tracks I can see doing that well are the Ring, Le Sarthe, possibly Valencia, and Monza.

However, real race cars are on the list more for me. I dream about interiors of those things.

So....Spec III isn't done? Link? Please go on!

Well, the news item in Prologue regarding the update states that the Spec III update has 'begun'... kinda suggests to me that there's more to the Spec III update, but no-one outside of PD knows for sure. I anticipate further news at the Tokyo Games Show next week.

I would nothing more! i will that they work on GT5 now and release it soon... can´t wait,it will be so great when its done...

Ah i think the Spec III is not finished,think too that we get in the next weeks another biger update for SpecIII... im sure!

Just like many mentioned, I think in SPEC 3 there will be damage and private rooms.
Spec 4? Hmm, I bet we going see 4 next year, with weather, and day/nigh cycle. As well few new tracks and with one Endurance race with tire damage and working pits.

As everyone else has said already Spec 3 isnt finished yet... Im guessing more will come at TGS.

I thought the fall update was going to be the last update ? Anyway this spec 3 is surely going to be coming in patches , has "begun" implies that.

1) The Yellowbird!

2) Nurburgring!

3) A better way of handling punters. Possibly just through a realistic damage system.

4) Even though I like Spec III better than Spec II I would still like things to go just a bit more towards Spec I in terms of handling. Maybe some "middle ground" we could all be reasonably happy with.

5) Weather effects would be really sweet.

Last edited:
osg
I say no......... and expect another update before the month is out, possibly even as early as a fortnight.

Hearing different rumours and speculations , supossedly there are three parts to the spec 3 update , anybody else heard this one ? All this combined could possibly be the "big" update,just given to us in bits and pieces.

Apart from all the usual things like online stuff and damage, I'd like proper G25 support and look-to-apex for in-car view (e.g. the driver automatically looking into the turn).

Im thinkin we get Private rooms before the years end, they know that will keep us coming for more for the holidays since not full game.... Im not too sure about voice chat though, would be nice...

Weather effects I see coming for early next year, they have to try it out before GT5 and damage might be middle of next year with full game released by years end hopefully....

In between though I would like another track or two, a few more cars also...

Those are all my predictions of course, seems logical to me how they wet our appetite ever so slowly...

For Spec IV I guess would be the weather and damage models....

Feel free to share your thoughts.

I would like new tracks and online events plus hud on / off options mainly. I know most people want online lobbys and full on damage- but lets face it- thats not happening any time soon. Another thing i would love to have is a few race cars(Mugan NSX, Tom's supra, Pennzoil nismo, etc). This would be a great idea because there could be a special race car online events.
Yes a few racecars would be wonderful .
👍

I believe that damage is planned to be dynamic - i.e. it isn't predetermined levels / stages of damage for each model... something like Burnout . So that should mean any model can be damaged.
I know you probably don't mean exactly like burnout, but... Sorry,No!

1, I would like to see a complete list of the position of everyone during the race.
2, Weathereffects.
3, Private rooms.

Back