GT5 Prologue Spec 4 - Would you like the next update to have??

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 457 comments
Ofcourse this will not make punters brake-check at all. :rolleyes: If you must raise penalties, make it like his: 10 second penalty for any contact at all. At least that's fair.

Yes that's right, at least that would be fair.

If I where PD... I would make it quite different though:
Any contact all cars involved get ghosted for 5 or 10 seconds,
cars that had too many contacts (like 3 or 4 maybe ) same for shortcuts ...
gets blackflagged AFTER the race ... tagged with something like poor driver or so and a nice black flag 👍

I want:

short term (should be easy):
- NO boost
- starting grid from arcade mode times
- stats (number of races, avg. positions...)
- better collison physics
- optional hud

mid term (shouldn't be too hard):
- at least one new track
- private rooms
- tire wear, fuel, pit stops
- maybe damage, must not be visible

long term:
- dynamic(!) weather
- damage
- more tracks (and cars)

If final Spec III or IV, whatever its called, would cover my short and mid term wishes, i'd be a lucky man :)

I want freedom in handling the both camera. The possibility of moving the camera horizontally rather than vertically in vehicle interior is awful. And a want more tracks and a few cars.

*sorry for my bad english

IMO Spec 4 will never exist, I think Spec 3 will be the final build and with the fall update intergrating with Spec 3 i think that will remain the same Spec, Of course i bet PD will add more little updates once a month or once every 2 months to keep things upto date and fresh but this is what i think lol, Loads will be revealed at TGS Cant wait :P

I really, really want them to impliment a lot of things, really.
Private rooms where you can configure every element of the race such as time of day, weather, race duration (in laps or time), make, model and tuning restrictions (so you could have like stock hatch races, Cappucino vs. Swift, Impreza vs. Evo, etc), tournament rotations and so on and so forth.

That also means including day, night and weather, tyre wear and damage, because endurance races at night in the rain usually involve big crashes, and it would be a shame to not have that in the game...

But I really doubt they'll do any of that soon, and I think the Spec III not being finished yet might be a translation error but I really hope its not. I just think it seems weird they'd call it Spec III now rather than after they've finished updating it, and I also think its kind of strange they didn't release the whole update in one go.

Then again, thinking about it, maybe they did it to avoid strain on their servers (every GT5p player downloading a huge update all at once would lead to everyone having the same problems as Spec II, probably) and so they have something for TGS, I guess it makes sense for them to release the Citroen just after it's launch really, the same as they did with the Prologue demo and the cars being unveiled in real-time. Ish.

So yeah, I don't know what to think any more. All I really know is that GT5 better be epic.

^ Pretty much.

I'm just hoping PD shows us a glimpse of GT5 in form of a video. Sort of giving us a teaser or glimpse to what we are in store for GT5....

I remember a trailer where pit action was shown. Something like that would be nice. (It would make the wait more bearable)
:)

ähmm for what do we need GT5 if we get this all what you guys wish to have in prologue? it´s nothing more than a prologue version and i think they need to work on GT5 now! maybe one new track to keep us playing...

But if we get all the big things like Nordschleife,Ferraris,Porsches,Lamborghinis,Damage,Weather,day and nighty cycle,20 tracks and 500 cars then we don´t need GT5...

So I still hope they bring GT5 @2009 and bring Spec patches for missing parts like they do it now... won´t wait 1 1/2 or more years...

I want:

short term (should be easy):
- NO boost
- starting grid from arcade mode times
- stats (number of races, avg. positions...)

I can agree with everything else but these bits concern me.

No boost wnt let the people who are far and fast catch up to the top. Which means that will affect the average online stats.

Starting grid from arcade TT's would be biased. There are racers like me who dont bother doing TT's and just love online. So you cant really sort it like that.

Lastly the stats.
I like to drift, people like to wait up for friends etc and thus postions overall will change averages. I agree its a good idea but maybe for private rooms.

A rep system maybe? but I can alread think of the downsides....

Oh Im not arguging with what you say. Im just showing the downsides.

👍

Do away with RBE, even when on the receiving end of a punt, it's not often the RBE helps the victims.
More WE, having the choice of 3 events and only one world event is pitiful.
Only the host should be locked into a race.
Fix the bloody problem with pp resetting.

If you must raise penalties, make it like his: 10 second penalty for any contact at all. At least that's fair.
Im not sure that would solve it.

In my experience of online the problem is many do not know how to race. Far too often they brake too late, miss the apex and have the mentality of fast in slow out rather than the opposite. What irritates me is those who slam into the back of me because im braking in the correct spot and secondly those who miss the apex of a bend resulting in them running wide. What then happens is I hit the apex of a bend go inside of them but 9/10 they then cut back inside smacking into my car giving me a penalty. Basically you are being punished for taking the correct racing line. This is why a 10 second penalty for any contact wouldn't work because in a majority of cases the contact is coming from other players and not you hitting them.

I guess PD didn't want something as spectacular as Damage and private rooms to go in unnoticed, so they're going to wait until the TGS. It's a massive update part so..who knows.

And, how about(this is just an idea) online rankings. Like a finishing average. Win something more than just money. We're not hurting in that category. OR, a qualifying session. Like in the Nascar games. The host is in charge of when the qualifying starts and the race starts.

Last edited:
I guess PD didn't want something as spectacular as Damage and private rooms to go in unnoticed, so they're going to wait until the TGS. It's a massive update part so..who knows.

And, how about(this is just an idea) online rankings. Like a finishing average. Win something more than just money. We're not hurting in that category. OR, a qualifying session. Like in the Nascar games. The host is in charge of when the qualifying starts and the race starts.

I like that idea...

I thought the fall update was going to be the last update ? Anyway this spec 3 is surely going to be coming in patches , has "begun" implies that.

has begun doesn't necessarily imply that at all. It could mean a number of things:

1. It puts a massive load on the servers. I bet it usually takes half a week or so before the majority has updated (of course with less updates every day), thus begun, because it takes time before it is a closed chapter.
  2. Bad translation. We've seen that before.
  3. Last, but not least, they might be updating this one in "patches"! Maybe they've figured out it's too much of a load to update it all at once. I personally hope and believe in this, but you can never know.

Im not sure that would solve it.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want this to be implemented this way, but the other person suggested only people ramming in the back should receive a 10-second penalty, which is an even worse solution because it makes it worthwile to just slam the brakes is somebody is going to pass you (a.k.a brake-checking). We have seen that happen already in previous updates. 👎

So if penalties must be applied (and I'm not saying they should), I suggest to apply them equally, at least that's fair. In your example, you are screwed because somebody else makes a mistake, but they will get the penalty too. But I'm bold enough to say that you are at fault too, because you know that will happen when racing people you don't know. I'm not the worlds greatest driver but I can spot these guys a mile away.

That said, I'd rather have no penalties at all for contact, give me private rooms instead. That way I know who I'm racing with and if contact occurs I know it's not intentional, so no penalties needed (we've got our own rules here right? :)).

Don't get me wrong, I don't want this to be implemented this way, but the other person suggested only people ramming in the back should receive a 10-second penalty, which is an even worse solution because it makes it worthwile to just slam the brakes is somebody is going to pass you (a.k.a brake-checking). We have seen that happen already in previous updates. 👎

So if penalties must be applied (and I'm not saying they should), I suggest to apply them equally, at least that's fair. In your example, you are screwed because somebody else makes a mistake, but they will get the penalty too. But I'm bold enough to say that you are at fault too, because you know that will happen when racing people you don't know. I'm not the worlds greatest driver but I can spot these guys a mile away.

That said, I'd rather have no penalties at all for contact, give me private rooms instead. That way I know who I'm racing with and if contact occurs I know it's not intentional, so no penalties needed (we've got our own rules here right? :)).

totaly agree with that- i hate the penaltie system... it's the reason i finish 3rd - 5th and not 3rd, 2nd, 1st. At fuji, i got a "shortcut penaltie" for going too wide at the last coner on fuji just before the strieght. Now have been worng all these years but it's a shortcut where you shorten the track, not widen it. GET RID OF THE PENALTIE SYSTEM- IT DOESN'T WORK And give us privite rooms.

To add further vagueness to the "Is spec III complete or not?" arguement, I have managed to get a reply from Taku Imasaki on the US blog.

My post: "Thanks Taku and the rest of the team for your continued efforts! Is this update part of a Spec III update? Can we expect further updates throughout October? Any info that can be shared with us hungry fans? :) Cheers!"

Response: "There WILL be more gameplay updates… thats all I can say right now!"

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...ludes-new-cars/comment-page-2/#comment-114180 (comment 55)

Make of that what you will!

I would like some more tracks (getting bored with the tracks we got now). And a photomode would be cool (full HD screenshots 👍 ).

And yeah the nurb, full damage modelling, and online lobbies would be great aswell. But since PD puts more work in the automotive industry than in GT these days i dont think this will be included in GT anytime soon.

To add further vagueness to the "Is spec III complete or not?" arguement, I have managed to get a reply from Taku Imasaki on the US blog.

My post: "Thanks Taku and the rest of the team for your continued efforts! Is this update part of a Spec III update? Can we expect further updates throughout October? Any info that can be shared with us hungry fans? :) Cheers!"

Response: "There WILL be more gameplay updates… thats all I can say right now!"

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...ludes-new-cars/comment-page-2/#comment-114180 (comment 55)

Make of that what you will!

As good as that sounds (and, well, it just IS good news), do you think he means there will be more updates in October, that Spec III is only partially finished, or that there just will be more updates? I mean either way its good, but if Spec III is finished by October that'll be really good. Far too many games to play this month I think!

As good as that sounds (and, well, it just IS good news), do you think he means there will be more updates in October, that Spec III is only partially finished, or that there just will be more updates? I mean either way its good, but if Spec III is finished by October that'll be really good. Far too many games to play this month I think!

My optimistic guess (and my gut feeling) is that they are saving a further update of spec III for announcement and subsequent release at the Tokyo Games Show. PD seem especially tight-lipped regarding any news on feature(s) hoped to be implemented around this time of year... so, I hope they're waiting to drop a bomb at TGS!

However (!), they could also mean that there will be further updates to Prologue but they can't say what and when as it is far off...

PD are such a tease!

I'm sure it's all been said before but the things I'm desperately craving in order of importance:

1. A way to play with my friends online. (i.e. private rooms/invite system/whatever)
2. A few new tracks suitable for online racing. (2 or 3 would hold the online community over for a long time I think, particularly some of the GT original tracks from the days of yore)
3. Replay data for online races.
4. Damage. (or some method of holding drivers (and unfortunately those they hit) accountable for their actions)

Personally I'm pretty pleased with the selection of cars (although the trickle of update cars is nice!), it's the tracks I find really lacking, I could really go for some more options to liven things up.

Like has been mentioned before, I can't see PD releasing damage without a big fuss, so if they were going to it would make sense to release it after the TGS.

If I'm honest, PD would have probably put any new cars in the update we've just had. That doesn't mean to say that I'm saying that there will be no new cars in the future, it just makes sense to release a load of cars in one go than in dribs and drabs.

First of all I think the next update spec IIII, will be released near christmas time. And the things what I want in that update is, damage, private rooms, 2 more tracks. Oh yeah and please take out the RBE. 👍

Seeing as though that we've only got 3 cars for spec III I think that we were given another Polyphony promise, things don't get delivered on time.

For me spec III was a bit of a let down, although I am enjoying the new cars they are great, but I don't feel this was enough to class it as spec III. I think to make up for no damage and private rooms, we should be given the rest of the cars from Gran Turismo HD, Evo 4, R32 Skyline, Celica Rally Car etc.
It wouldn't be too much to ask for Polyphony to do as they have already created the cars on the PS3 system, all they would need to do really is the interior view, or they could give us the cars for us to drive whilst they work on the interior views. IMO an extra 5 cars is not much to ask for is it?????

Back