GT5 Prologue Spec 4 - Would you like the next update to have??

• Thread starter s15specr
  • 457 comments
Highly doubt fully realistic damage or weather effects/day-night cycles would appear on GT5P. It would more than likely appear in the full version of GT5.

Although from first impressions of the new update (took some 25 attempts for some bizarre reason by the way :indiff::yuck:), I would definitely like to see a new track (Tsukuba Circuit, Tokyo R246, Trial Mountain, Mid-Field etc.) and 3 new tuned/race cars (03 Xanavi NISMO Skyline GT-R, 07 ARTA NSX, 05 ZENT Cerumo Supra to name some):sly:
And maybe some new Super GT content on GT-TV maybe???

I want a Porsche GT3 around Spa-Francorchamps (before they put tarmac everywhere) in a 24 hours race with realtime night and day cycle. I want the ability to build a team with other online drivers for sharing the seat every 1 or 2 stints. As the track choice suggested I want light/heavy rain here and there associated with the tyre selection quiz at the - of course - fully animated Pit-stops. There are obviously many other things I want that don’t come to mind at this time.:sly: (wish-list mode off)

My guess is this is just GT5P 5.3.1 and eventually we will get 5.3.2 in a near future with even more incremental updates. Keeps the business rolling. As for TGS 08, I’d like better/more online features with eventually at some level “Home” integration. Whatever comes I’d be happy with anything that betters the game at any level.👍:)

I am one of those that agrees on that Spec 3 has yet to be completed.

But just some things I'd like to see get get, is
The 5 cars they promissed us ( from the U.s release )
Couple new tracks, any track would be good.

Maybe some more advanced tuning options.

Maybe some online drift event of some kind.
And oh one last thing, raise the amount of cash you can have from 2.000.000 to like 10.000.000 , or something like that.

Last edited:
I've said it once and I'll say it again: a 'Photomode'.

Yep I have been hoping for Photomode from the start when the original mypage pre-GT5P game versions had the icon for Photomode.

Now I think PD is just keeping it from us so we can't explore the cars too much yet, which maybe also the reason they removed pause from replays (GTHD demo had a pause during replay).

Next update should contain classic cars, such as..
-Datsun/Nissan 240/280Z/ZX
-Toyota 2000GT
-Aston Martin DB5
-BMW E30 3xxiS coupe

but, since this isn't a car wish list, they should try to fix the arcade mode graphics issue, give Evora non-fixed final ratio and give the suspension some anti-roll bar adjustment..

I wonder how many problems you guys have with punters... i play online as well but get never kicked so often like i read here... (I play only pro suzuka events,have tried some beginner events and there it was really impossible to drive but in pro suzuka events i never got probs with punters) and when i get punted then i keep racing anyway... I have seen a few Punters with the GTP shortcut in their names too and wonder... but i think punters can never be stopped so we got to accept this,im sure PD is trying all to stop them but idiots are everywhere so its hard to stop them... so the only way is to get private rooms...

A test drive, before you decide to buy a car.
Oh, and the ability to hide the UI perhaps... and maybe some sort of photomode.

It would be nice to have more options in race information during a race (online and not), like how many seconds up to next car (if you're not 2nd place), how many seconds to the car behind, and fastest laptimes in the actual race. Maybe track records etc. More options!

Last edited:
not sure about full damage, but tyre/break wear and perhaps engine/gearbox damage over longer races and laguna seca would keep me happy.

and the obvious private rooms.

I know you probably don't mean exactly like burnout, but... Sorry,No!

Certainly not. I was talking strickly about the realtime car deformation. I think it is well done. I certainly don't want GT to become a game like Burnout.

Source?

/PalleRaa

Can't recall where but I believe Kaz said the fall update would be significant with possibly another update afterwards to finish Prologue. I think what the chap said is true as I have read this somewhere.

I wonder how many problems you guys have with punters... i play online as well but get never kicked so often like i read here...
Try the Fuji 800PP with a full grid and you won't have a chance. I just came from the race and my Amuse was totalled three times on purpose during four laps. Outright horrible driving. All out punting in braking zones, side by side crashing at 300 km/h, parking at the apexes, you name it. In every single race and every single time done by three nationalities I'm not disclosing here as it would be considered racism.

Private rooms. Everything else can be left as is until GT5 if needed.

Yeah at Fuji i don't have a problem with punters but cheaters cutting the corners.

Anyways one thing i'd love to see is a Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R - that would complete the game!!

It seems like the punters have a new trick up their sleeves after the update. They draft you, but dont pass. Stay on your side until the brakezone starts and then gently pushes you out on the grass making it impossible to brake... This have been done to me several times at the end of the straight and before the chikane. Something need to be done!

(Long time I've posted here)

Well honestly seeing how everyone wants damage, I don't know if anyone saw Yamauchi's interview in 'Beyond The Apex' about the question about car damage, how he doesn't want to put any car damage, due to personal reasons.

But from my perspective something I would like to be put on the next update is Ebisu & Tsukuba for the tracks and at least on Tuned GT-R. Maybe MCR GT-R or...Mine's? hehehe just my opinion. I would like to try and tackle the Tsukuba course challenge =p

Try the Fuji 800PP with a full grid and you won't have a chance. I just came from the race and my Amuse was totalled three times on purpose during four laps. Outright horrible driving. All out punting in braking zones, side by side crashing at 300 km/h, parking at the apexes, you name it. In every single race and every single time done by three nationalities I'm not disclosing here as it would be considered racism.

Private rooms. Everything else can be left as is until GT5 if needed.

Ok I never play Fuji online so i can´t say something about that... I only play Suzuka Pro online events and have not so much problems with punters... 👍

Private Rooms.
More Tracks.

Mandatory 10 second Plenty for hitting the car in front.

No Excuses. If you are too close back off, if your a punter you will soon try to improve your driving, and if it is just poor driving you will improve.

Agree with blackvip8r on the penalties on-line, a must.

I think people are getting carried away here for their wishes for spec3/4 - this is "Prologue" - far more than a demo I know, but still a test bed and in-between before the proper game. You are not going to get extra tracks (as much as I want the ring) becuase they use too much space for a PSN download and there is no more require for the smaller game. At most you are going to get improvements in play, on-line and the odd car added (like 3)....

As said, the main improvement required is
-private rooms
-improved penatlies
-amend bugs

Private rooms (preferably with voice-chat) and every single person has complained about it missing, and improvements in penatlies/bugs. And thats it. I wouldn't expect anything else from updates of the Prologue version.

Private Rooms.
More Tracks.

Mandatory 10 second Plenty for hitting the car in front.

No Excuses. If you are too close back off, if your a punter you will soon try to improve your driving, and if it is just poor driving you will improve.
Ofcourse this will not make punters brake-check at all. :rolleyes: If you must raise penalties, make it like his: 10 second penalty for any contact at all. At least that's fair.

I wonder how many problems you guys have with punters... i play online as well but get never kicked so often like i read here... (I play only pro suzuka events,have tried some beginner events and there it was really impossible to drive but in pro suzuka events i never got probs with punters) and when i get punted then i keep racing anyway... I have seen a few Punters with the GTP shortcut in their names too and wonder... but i think punters can never be stopped so we got to accept this,im sure PD is trying all to stop them but idiots are everywhere so its hard to stop them... so the only way is to get private rooms...

The punters usually prey on newbies ( smaller events ),try to bully them around,I don't really think they are that skillful to run with the big boys in the pro events,although they do show-up from time to time

I want my DFGT wheel to stop shaking/vibrating when I'm not driving and the game is on-they were supposed to fix this. My wheel has developed a bit of a dead spot on-center, the shaking can't be helping.

I'd like a couple simple changes-when I buy cars in the dealership, I hate how it takes me all the way back out to the main screen after the purchase. It's a small thing but it drives me crazy, also I'd like to be able to view my garage while buying cars so I can see what I've already purchased.

I'd like to see the sounds of the cars nearby come back up, not to the spec II levels, but I think they have gone a bit soft again. Sound overall is impressive now, though.

Minor stuff. I'm not worried about some of the bigger items, although day/night cycles, private rooms, and damage (to a lesser degree) would all be most welcome additions sooner rather than later.

I don't think Spec III is done yet, anyway.

there will be some more updates on 3 how many where there on spec 1 and 2? i can't remember... but we wiil see something else, indeed tyrewear/damage would be ëasy" to put in. i don't think a track will be a problem to include in a update.

so.. i don't know really but i gamble on a few more tweeks in the physics and sound etc, a new track and maybe some proper race cars(wich i would love to see)

Back