GT5 Review scores (Update :Average metacritic score)

• Thread starter DoctorFouad
  • 1,417 comments
I find certain points in the eurogamer and ign reviews contrast a lot. EG said the ai is better whilst IGN says they are still zombies.

I find improved and more dynamic car physics, a good online mode and amazingly beautiful Premium-cars. But that's not enough to beat Forza Motorsport 3
LOLWUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?! Really?

@MildAshers -- Yeah, I honestly don't know at this point. The AI in GT5 is much improved, and yet Martin passes it off like this were GT4. There's a guy you can trust.

saying the reviewers are: xbox`rs, non-racers, dont have "GT blood" is bullcrap.

i`m a diehard GT fan who started with GT1, and my first impressions of GT havent been all great.

if i was a reviewer and with the time ive played i wouldn't give GT a number higher then an 8.

Most people just dont want to see GT get low numbers since it would verify their fears (same for me :( )

I've already accepted that PD has gone for detail over substance in many areas, but that's not changing my GT5 experience as badly as for some of you guys--it will still be an enjoyable and engrossing game for me, even with its faults. We can only hope that PD will recognize what went wrong and address it in the future.

My Review (Only Been Playing for 4 Hours) Holy Cow this is Fun and it was worth the Wait 👍

That's good enough for me :D

Looks like some good decent scores are showing up! Can't wait to tomorrow morning to determine for myself, don't worry though, I'm sure I'll be pleased with the outcome :)

I'm really worried.
About those nonsense 1080p with PS2-quality tracks, with NASCAR, Rally and Kart at cost of Premium cars.I think PD are gambling this time and they failed little bit.I'd better go with beautiful,and constant 720p without crappy Nascars,Rally and Kart (and 3D), but with more Tracks and Cars.Also Premium/Standard car dividing add even more to inconsistency of the game.Did you see standard cars racing at LeMans?It's PS2 with 1080p...Wait - loading times are EVEN SLOWER???Are you kidding?Look into GT3 - it's a perfect and simple GT with perfect and simple menu structure...I need to calm down...

My Review (Only Been Playing for 4 Hours) Holy Cow this is Fun and it was worth the Wait 👍

That's good enough for me :D

Ugh...first of all, GT doesn't get fun until you reach the later stages of the game, especially in GT5 where features are progressively unlocked. I bet half of these reviewers are only around level 20 and based their scores on 10% of the game. That's why they believe that the game didn't change much with easy AI, crappy damage, restrictive game modes. Honestly, I wouldn't pay too much attention to any reviewer that has not reached at least level 30+ in A-Spec. And I doubt any of these reviewers will drive all 1,031 cars in their lifetime to make a good judgment on physics and car models.

I find certain points in the eurogamer and ign reviews contrast a lot. EG said the ai is better whilst IGN says they are still zombies.

Honestly i don't what to think about the AI. I've seen some videos where they stick the line and hardly defend their position.

Ugh...first of all, GT doesn't get fun until you reach the later stages of the game, especially in GT5 where features are progressively unlocked. I bet half of these reviewers are only around level 20 and based their scores on 10% of the game. That's why they believe that the game didn't change much with easy AI, crappy damage, restrictive game modes. Honestly, I wouldn't pay too much attention to any reviewer that has not reached at least level 30+ in A-Spec. And I doubt any of these reviewers will drive all 1,031 cars in their lifetime to make a good judgment on physics and car models.

Yeah, the reviewer from GameSpot saying he's only 30% into the game and hasn't even played online yet, so won't post a review makes me suspicious of other sites trying to get the reviews out early.

Similarly, the guy from TheSixthAxis is also unwilling to give a score until he plays more, but says to buy it.

If those scores are higher (or lower) than the average, it's pretty note worthy.

Need for speed hot pursuit gets 9.5 Gran turismo gets 8.5.. How is this possible?
8.5 is still faaar above average, but anyways. When it comes to racing games, GT 5 destroys hot pursuit, thats for sure.

IGN: ...this could have been a masterpiece were it not for the fact that Polyphony was so absorbed with the detail that it took its eye off the ball.

I can see this being true..

Well i've Played all 4 of the Earlier Versions , this so far is Great .

Tried Arcade Mode first . Nascar Daytona was my First Race and the A1 was Bumping and Banging me all round the Track and there was quite a Few Bumps and Dents in my Car by the Time I finishied the Race

But....GT never to me has been about Damage thats just some new thing added , i'm more intrested in the Actual Driving and Physics .

So Far i'm Impressed 👍

PD basically encouraged these types of reviews by delivering half a game

only 200 odd premiums and 800 gt4 cars basically

no ability to change wheels or body parts on standards

heard/seen about textures and screen tearing and pixelated cars / shadows

You have to remember this game has been getting created for 6 years ! If it were 2 you would understand these issues.

What happened to Kaz saying it had to be perfect?? I'm guessing his version of perfect differs from everyone elses.

It actually bugs me - no matter if this game is better than Forza 3 - Turn10 never at any point said - oh by the way you only have 25 cars you can change the wheels / damage / cockpit / and the other 600 are Forza 1 cars ported. That is why reviewers are biased. That is also a reason not to listen to any.

Now will this put me off the game? Hell no cos im a GT fan - I will most likely love this game and play it into the ground, these issues will be forgotten and the only review that matters will be my own !

Need for speed hot pursuit gets 9.5 Gran turismo gets 8.5.. How is this possible?
8.5 is still faaar above average, but anyways. When it comes to racing games, GT 5 destroys hot pursuit, thats for sure.

Different type of games to begin with, different reviewer (I think) and, maybe, if it was the same reviewer they prefer arcade style racers.

Were you able to turn off the Skid force crap off yet?
Or is it really that simple compared to LFS
Well I played it for 6.5 hours last night (would have been longer but work this morning)

I'd say an 8 is fair.

Graphics are a bit of a disappointment... quite a few glitches, Sound is a disappointment, Overall game play is a bit of a disappointment too.

That being said I'd still say its probably the best driving game on the PS3 (never played Forza so cant compare). The problem for me I think is its a bit too arcade like. Thats probably as I've spent the last few weeks playing LFS though.

If you love previous GT games you will really like it, but if you've been waiting for it for 5+ years you probably will feel a bit of disappointment after the wait

As I mentioned earlier in this thread Eurogamer are a strange bunch, their GT5 news coverage has been patchy to say the least.

Come the review however they once again give a very in-depth account of the game and appreciate the sim aspects of the game.

I've not read much else but suffice to say some people just don't get GT5.

I've already accepted that PD has gone for detail over substance in many areas, but that's not changing my GT5 experience as badly as for some of you guys--it will still be an enjoyable and engrossing game for me, even with its faults. We can only hope that PD will recognize what went wrong and address it in the future.

Its actually the other way around, subtance over detail. Played for two days now and I must say, sitting here with a very empty feeling. Yes the graphics are beautiful on 200 of the cars and yes the tracks are nicely done, but not on all of them. The sound hasn´t improved much since GT4. Still sounds like my vacuumcleaner, sorry to say.

The layout and menusystem of the game is very very frustrating, as always in GT series.

In my opinion they have implementet to much in the game instead of focusing on getting the game better. More quality please.

Less is more!!!

Have to say after reading some of the reviews I do agree with some of the comments. I strongly disagree with what they say about the tracks because in my opinion they look stunning.

I played GT5 all day yesterday and overall im slightly disappointed. The physics and graphics are excellent but its the gameplay that lets it down. The most disappointing aspect is the online side of the game and no leaderboards.

For me it seems outdated compared to what i've played in recent years. Back in the days of GT1-4 I was content just playing single player because of course there wasn't any online play. However the likes of FM2/3 have opened my eyes to online racing and now I expect simple features like leaderboards.

Those who kept playing GT4 whilst waiting for GT5 and haven't played Forza will be wondering what im on about. However those who have moved with the times will agree with me.

what i LOVE (small thing, but i like these things) is that when i upgraded my Skyline R32 with a Titanium exhaust, the exhaust on the car itself was changed to indeed a big Titanium exhaust.

For me this was always a weakness in race games, if i spend 10k+ credits on a exhaust upgrade it show it on the car, and now it does.

(i`m more into updating/modding/painting the exterior of cars, then if it drives 100% the same as the reallife car so for me these kinda things are important).

Back