GT5 Review scores (Update :Average metacritic score)

• Thread starter DoctorFouad
  • 1,417 comments
You did right by pointing out GT PSP.... Because if you remember well, GT PSP was HORRIBLE on still pictures... but great when in game or video... Maybe it's about the same for GT5 ?

no, it looks that bad. When i started it i was shocked, i mean graphic was the only thing i was sure it would be amazing without doubt... well i was wrong. Standardsa car are simply ported crap.

Forgive me if this was posted already, but one thing I really do not understand is the lack of weather/time on most of the fictional tracks. It just seems like such an obvious feature and I'm not sure how in the world they messed that up.

PD have made some bad mistakes with their latest games.

GTPSP without the career mode was like hmm.... no words really.

GT5 hopefully improves with patches later on, but as it is, no customization for standard cars? Come on, thats just ridiculous.

I would say yes, if I was blind... But people gifted with the sense of sight, will not find this very 10/10... :yuck:

http://image.jeuxvideo.com/images/p3/g/r/gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-447.jpg

And yes this is GT5 not GT PSP

Did you even READ my post? Forza Got a 10/10 from oodles of sites even though there are times when Forza looks JUST as bad if not WORSE! That's a WORST case scenario shot, and is NOT what the MAJORITY of the game looks like at all. Same situation with Forza, the majority of the game does NOT looks as bad as some of it's WORST looking shots, which (as I said before) look that bad, if not worse.

I might be clutching at straws but I reckon we have more content to come. For example there isn't any leaderboards and yet isn't there a time trial competition for those who have the CE. What about the GT academy in the US?

As these leaderboards aren't available for these competitions maybe they will release all the leaderboards for GT5 in the near future.

Another thing wasn't we supposed to be able to upload our replays to youtube?

Considering the shadow glitches, the standard car situation, poor online mode, poor customisation options and lack of mechanical damage I'd say the game is an 8.5/10 at best, possibly even an 8/10.

The overall package of Forza 3 is better and more consistent, it doesn't deliver the level of quality in some areas that GT5 does, but as an all rounder it's better (and it eclipses GT5 completely with regard to customisation).

I'm happy with GT5, it's good enough, but it should be better and I hope more patches will fix the glitches and give us more features, particularly online ones.

Anyone saying it's a 10/10 game is being silly really.

Considering the shadow glitches, the standard car situation, poor online mode, poor customisation options and lack of mechanical damage I'd say the game is an 8.5/10 at best, possibly even an 8/10.

The overall package of Forza 3 is better and more consistent, it doesn't deliver the level of quality in some areas that GT5 does, but as an all rounder it's better (and it eclipses GT5 completely with regard to customisation).

I'm happy with GT5, it's good enough, but it should be better and I hope more patches will fix the glitches and give us more features, particularly online ones.

I agree with everything you said.

I don't have the game yet so it remains to be seen how much I'll like the game. In comparison to the other GTs, I think this one is the worst.

Last edited:

Agree, as far as pure driving Gt still wins but overall they really messed up Sony's flagship racer. Lotd of bad decisions make this the worst Gt yet IMO.

I belive the lack of damage is from not being high enough ranked in offline career mode, I've read at different places that most damage features dont come in until your ranked around level 30.

I am no party pooper type of person, when I believe in something I really do, I am the most positive person, I believe in humanity, in the beauty of things, on the technical merits and it's difficulties, I always understand the human side and the fact that nothing is perfect but ....

I wasn't BLOWN away so far but this GT5 (played last night 2 hours) ... there's something missing this time, perhaps TO MUCH HYPE?? those weird shadow bugs? the non AMAZINGGGGGGG Graphics we saw all over the place? the lack of an NSX on Arcade? I don't know ...

Again, I HOPE it gets better, but my initial review would be just 8.1 .... and again, I hope it gets better, or perhaps I was a bit sleepy last night, but I wasn't blown away.

Oscar

85 is a fair rank, that's why IGN is one of the best for game reviews. GT5 is incredibly saturated with driving experience(as ever was) while underwhelming in some other areas.

Have to say im rather sceptical of reviews these days. For example take the F1 2010 game. This recieved excellent reviews with no mention of the bugs. Yet within 10mins of playing the game I instantly noticed these. The reviews of FM3 were also rather strange because many hardcore forza fans were very disappointed especially the removal of public lobbies. Now I know exactly why this happens in reviews but I want post my views in an public forum!

Anyway back to GT5 and now I know leaderboards are coming im very happy. Spent all day playing again and im even more impressed with GT5. The graphics are far better than any other racing game I have ever played. Even comparing these to FM3 is an insult to GT5. The star of the show is definitively the physics engine. I cannot put into words how impressed I am.

Really loving it so far. Definitely one of the best games ever. They made it more accessible, very clever game design. Has that one more go feel.

How can some of you even be happy in life if something like flickery shadows bother you so much? Its a driving game game not a shadow casting simulator. The game has the best graphics in a console game to date. It also has the technical proficiency to back it up (1080p, crazy effects).

Yes, everyone, there are problems and glitches. There always have been in GT games. The difference is that this is the first time PD is going to be able to fix any bugs/glitches after release. I think that GT really got a hard play when it comes to reviews because everyone is getting criticized for being too lenient on games now-a-days. I mean when you go back and read a lot of F1 2010, or FM3 reviews, a LOT of the bugs/glitches, and photos that made the game look BAD got blown over and overlooked, because for the MOST part those games are great! GT5 however, was not so lucky. Only a few reviews have given GT5 a free pass on some of the glitches/bugs that it has. Some have been so OVERLY critical it's not even funny! One mentioned game breaking amounts of screen tearing. I mean come on! That guy is trying to flame-bait, and isn't even worth listening to. The IGN review is a GOOD review. The Destructoid review is a GOOD review. The Eurogamer review is a GOOD review. The GameReactor review, is not, just read it for yourselves and you will see how much what they say is completely untrue. Take some of these reviews with a grain of salt, and and 86 metacritic score is very good. Especially for the hype and expectations that have surrounded this game. But what REALLY matters for a SIMULATOR is the PHYSICS, and lets face it GT5 SLAUGHTERS in that category. Period.

I mean it's painfully obvious even to the cynics that GT5 is a great achievement in racing sims for consoles, therefore I view it as unfair to give it less leniency than other potentially inferior games. And no I don't mean Forza when I say inferior.

The amount of praise Forza 3 got despite being clearly buggy and whatnot is rather one-sided. The number of glitch videos from Forza 3 is ridiculous, yet reviews regard it as a shining achievement, calling it the new racing sim king. If GT5 had that many bugs, it would get shafted with 5/10s and lower.

What screen settings are you guys running on? GT5 has looked awesome on every video I've seen. Prologue looked awesome, and that wasn't near what GT5 is. Perhaps you should take your heads out of your rears and look at the display setting of your TV's! Go to the display settings in the options of the game as well! And turn off the stupid music, you'll be surprised to see it runs smoother. And really, mechanical music is all you need. Not MCR or some lame hard rock or rap to ruin the sounds. Invest in a surround sound system as well. Run with an updated TV with a higher refresh rate, like 120hz at least. Stop bashing the game off of pictures websites take with a camera off the screen. Get off the standard car hate train and purchase a premium car, use the standard cars as a paint color addition to your premium car and put some aftermarket wheels on there and paint 'em. Run in hood cam or bumper to get the full sound effects. Cockpit cam has muffled sounds because of the position, inside, underneath a helmet, surrounded by metal and sound absorbing material. The game accurately depicts engine noises, it doesn't blast them out like other racing GAMES. Remember this is a game and not real life. For longevity you aren't going to be able to total your car when you first start out. Why would you want to? If you want to push and bang cars out of your way to the front, perhaps you should try another game, in real life racing if you drive that way you will be black flagged and you won't have much of a career messing up the car you purchased.

In all just be real with it. Stop acting as if other games blow GT out the water, because they don't. You really need to appreciate what you get, take your time, and explore everything, because GT5 is filled with content, just watch, wait, and see!

so
customizing cars >> track editor ,night racing, weather, Kart, WRC, Nascar, and F1 ?
if i wana customize id pop midnightclub in

One question for all those honest (non fanboys) that played Gt5 and others racing games (platform desnt matter) and car enthusiasts; Yours thoughts where GT5 stand in genre and is it 'let down' like some reviews pointing?

P.S. I still didnt recived my copy (hope soon), but i compared score with some others game I'm familiar and must say that I find it really unfair (atleast in some areas), even I still didnt play the game.

so
customizing cars >> track editor ,night racing, weather, Kart, WRC, Nascar, and F1 ?

Can't you also buy and sell them to people as well, instead of having to (I would imagine) contact a guy one on one and offer a car to trade? Can you even initiate an actual trade or do you have to gift a car to him and hope that he holds up his end of the deal? Can you look at a player's garage in GT5 to see what cars they have?

That's beside the point though. That track editor is a joke, night racing is awesome I'll admit, the weather is sick, but that, Karts, WRC and Nascar aren't particularly hard to do (especially since they didn't have to throw in a ton of realistic damage) and they're not even fully fleshed out modes. Much like throwing in 800 standard cars of sub-par graphical quality, it seems like they've looked away from some of the more important aspects of the game in order to stuff as much as they could into the game.

One question for all those honest (non fanboys) that played Gt5 and others racing games (platform desnt matter) and car enthusiasts; Yours thoughts where GT5 stand in genre and is it 'let down' like some reviews pointing?

I feel like in the 5 years that it's been in development (apparently under the impression that no other game had come out since then and added anything to the genre), Forza has moved past it. And I say that as a guy who was, for a while, firmly in the "**** Forza" camp.

Sooooo **** horrible is this game...with this don't bother . Are there no airplanes or boats in this game. Driving cars no fun at all...but better is Forza 3 the cars in that are more great in very much ways like my grammar. PS3 retarded suckers. Sony retarded suckers. Microsoft is best. Go Forza ! I no have words to GT5 describe patheticness. Why this game you play when you can have masturbate instead ? Also this game from Japan like Sony who is also Japan. Japan games very bad are such as Metal Gear and Shadow of the Colossus. No surprise that GT5 is pathetic also. Uncharted 2 also very suck. God of War big suck. Only xbox 360 best. All xbox game better than ps3 game combined. Halo is best. Killzone suck. GT5 is very bad. I played for 40 hours gameplay and 20 hours online game. GT5 very horrible and only sell 300 copy.
I almost died laughing :ººº

Can't you also buy and sell them to people as well, instead of having to (I would imagine) contact a guy one on one and offer a car to trade? Can you even initiate an actual trade or do you have to gift a car to him and hope that he holds up his end of the deal? Can you look at a player's garage in GT5 to see what cars they have?

That's beside the point though. That track editor is a joke, night racing is awesome I'll admit, the weather is sick, but that, Karts, WRC and Nascar aren't particularly hard to do (especially since they didn't have to throw in a ton of realistic damage) and they're not even fully fleshed out modes. Much like throwing in 800 standard cars of sub-par graphical quality, it seems like they've looked away from some of the more important aspects of the game in order to stuff as much as they could into the game.

I feel like in the 5 years that it's been in development (apparently under the impression that no other game had come out since then and added anything to the genre), Forza has moved past it. And I say that as a guy who was, for a while, firmly in the "**** Forza" camp.

You've played the whole game already? I think not. The reviews are incomplete. As are the user reviews.

I suggest you play it yourself and make your own opinion. GT is awesome. Its not NFS or Forza, it's GT. I don't associate GT with neon lights and tacky body kits, or with decals and stickers or fancy little liveries. GT has always been, go fast with what you can see on the street. The REAL driving simulator, not pretend you can do this and that to your make believe car with the wrong engine and drivetrain. Forza might appeal to a lot, but GT is the cream of the crop. It's evidenced by sales. It could score a 5 and it wouldn't matter because it'll sell, regardless. It's a quality title, always, it's top notch graphics, physics, and realism. It's not about bumper cars and totaling them like destruction derby. What other game can you get to make your own track, have weather on it, host online races on it, drive the nurb, la sarthe, classics like Fuji, Suzuka, and GT only tracks like deep forest, trial mountain, grand valley, tokyo 246, the special stage routes etc.? GT is GT, not anything else. If you love GT, would you not love a new GT with the same features yet new ones added? New cars? New tracks?

This game is great, can't wait to get it on with some of you guys online also!

Back