GT5 Review scores (Update :Average metacritic score)

• Thread starter DoctorFouad
  • 1,417 comments
It drives like a champ and at the end of the day I don't care about the other things. They should fix the shadows and improve damage, though. Other than that no big complaints.

I think the deal here is that each GT has raised the far higher up with each iteration of games to the point where the fans of the series/reviewer expects too much of the game. And as we all know you can't satisfy 100% everyone else. So this is understandable.
If you're a hardcore GT fan don't look at the reviews, play the game for yourself and evaluate it that way period.

You've played the whole game already? I think not. The reviews are incomplete. As are the user reviews.

I suggest you play it yourself and make your own opinion. GT is awesome. Its not NFS or Forza, it's GT. I don't associate GT with neon lights and tacky body kits, or with decals and stickers or fancy little liveries. GT has always been, go fast with what you can see on the street. The REAL driving simulator, not pretend you can do this and that to your make believe car with the wrong engine and drivetrain. Forza might appeal to a lot, but GT is the cream of the crop. It's evidenced by sales. It could score a 5 and it wouldn't matter because it'll sell, regardless. It's a quality title, always, it's top notch graphics, physics, and realism. It's not about bumper cars and totaling them like destruction derby. What other game can you get to make your own track, have weather on it, host online races on it, drive the nurb, la sarthe, classics like Fuji, Suzuka, and GT only tracks like deep forest, trial mountain, grand valley, tokyo 246, the special stage routes etc.? GT is GT, not anything else. If you love GT, would you not love a new GT with the same features yet new ones added? New cars? New tracks?

This game is great, can't wait to get it on with some of you guys online also!
Since when does forza have neons, and or anything you wouldn't see on the street? What happened to the randomly generated point to point rally races? Havent heard a word on any of that?

All ya forgeting one thing UPDATES,they can add new tracks,cars,effects and just about anything they want,thats why they relesed this game about 90 percent finished,unless im wrong and there is hardware limitations that this type of sht cant be done but I doubt it.

A 9/10. Good score. They are getting better. The couple of low scores were due to noobs who barley played the game. It should be at least a 90 average on MC by tonight or tommorow.

I was looking up Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's metascore (great game btw :) ), metacritic cites that A- is equal to a 91/100. Odd translation, but I won't complain :P

I keep hearing "the reviews were incomplete!" well let me ask you something... who's fault is that?

Let's see I sure doubt IGN got a copy of the game and said let's let it sit over there for a few days without playing".

Delays or not, copies of the game were available WEEKS ago... who DIDN'T send out review copies until the last second? Who only allowed the reviewers a few days to play before the game released?

As if it's better to just not review it for days or weeks after launch? A lot of people rely on reviews to decide if they are going to buy a big name new title...

So want to complain that reviews aren't complete? Complain to PD for not giving out review copies early enough while who knows who all over the world had copies weeks ago!

And as for what needs to be unlocked and is (potentially) there... maybe PD should have officially confirmed that stuff so at least the reviews could say it was officially confirmed whether it actually happens or not).

Who screwed the pooch on these reviews? Not the reviewers... PD did. Blame your precious PD for that.

Drives awesome, sounds good, lots of stuff to do. At its best graphically this is one of the best looking games on any system, at other times below par. Wish their were more tracks, and more premium cars. For some reason the game seems rushed. Besides that its pure fun.

wtf you cant upgrade a cars brakes? Seriously the more I hear about this game the worse it is starting to sound. I think I'll just keep my 60 dollars.

I keep hearing "the reviews were incomplete!" well let me ask you something... who's fault is that?

Let's see I sure doubt IGN got a copy of the game and said let's let it sit over there for a few days without playing".

Delays or not, copies of the game were available WEEKS ago... who DIDN'T send out review copies until the last second? Who only allowed the reviewers a few days to play before the game released?

As if it's better to just not review it for days or weeks after launch? A lot of people rely on reviews to decide if they are going to buy a big name new title...

So want to complain that reviews aren't complete? Complain to PD for not giving out review copies early enough while who knows who all over the world had copies weeks ago!

And as for what needs to be unlocked and is (potentially) there... maybe PD should have officially confirmed that stuff so at least the reviews could say it was officially confirmed whether it actually happens or not).

Who screwed the pooch on these reviews? Not the reviewers... PD did. Blame your precious PD for that.

Sorry to rain on your regular PD bashing posts, but remember the delayed games is because of the manufacturing mistake.

I just don't understand how they go and say so much stuff will be in the game and then take a ton of it out. I also really hate that commercial with that douche head of service kevin butler. "when they said 500 cars I said make it a 1000" yeah 800 of which can barely be played with.

wtf you cant upgrade a cars brakes? Seriously the more I hear about this game the worse it is starting to sound. I think I'll just keep my 60 dollars.

If you want to miss out on the greatest racing game of all time, then go ahead. You finding one or two things to complain and nitpick about is ridiculous. The game does so many amazing things that other racing games cant do, but yet you complain about 2 irrelevent things.

If you want to miss out on the greatest racing game of all time, then go ahead. You finding one or two things to complain and nitpick about is ridiculous. The game does so many amazing things that other racing games cant do, but yet you complain about 2 irrelevent things.

Like what? Name one thing it does that another game hasn't already done.

if you want to miss out on the greatest racing game of all time, then go ahead. You finding one or two things to complain and nitpick about is ridiculous. The game does so many amazing things that other racing games cant do, but yet you complain about 2 irrelevent things.

+1

Sorry to rain on your regular PD bashing posts, but remember the delayed games is because of the manufacturing mistake.

And how does that mean they couldn't go out of their way to ship a few review copies out to the reviewers early?

Did you read my post where I cited that there were retail copies floating around a long time before the official reviewers got theirs?

BTW the most credible reason I have heard for that delay was the 3.50 SDK which is no ones fault but PD and Sony.

Besides it's not like the delay delayed getting the discs out but not the release date... sure the discs came out a month later, but so did the release date... that means the window to get discs out to reviewers is still there.

Sorry, but you've got bad logic again... PD should have tried harder to give reviewers proper time to review and more information so the
reviewers could make sure to at least try and accomdate a rushed schedule.

Like what? Name one thing it does that another game hasn't already done.

Release with most of it's content half way done and still get a massive defense force crying that it didn't get perfect 10's from everyone.

Check and mate.

If you even have to ask that question, then no answer need be given.

Because snarky sarcasm is so necessary on this board. You can argue and debate points, but there's no need to act condescending towards other members.

So Kettle, how black are you?

Top Gear test track

That would be a track, not a feature. GT has plenty of tracks never in another game... because they are GT only tracks... just like GT never had Fujimi Kaido and just like Fujimi Kaido is not a feature.

Top Gear test track

That's funny you mention that...

That track has been done multiple times by modders

Here's a link bud.

HERE

Try again.

Believe me I was extremely happy to finally get my hands on this game, but all this news of what is shaping up to be a mediocre racing game at best has me quite disappointed.

So Kettle, how black are you?

That would be a track, not a feature. GT has plenty of tracks never in another game... because they are GT only tracks... just like GT never had Fujimi Kaido and just like Fujimi Kaido is not a feature.

From what i've seen of the Top Gear content PD seem to have completely missed the point! No reasonably priced car challenge against the celeb times and no supercar challenge against the stig times, nuts!

To: Harry Potter. Find me another game that can have a day/night transition, with dynamic weather, AND 16 of the best looking cars ever made in a racing game on the most realistic virtual version of the Nurburgring, and run at 60fps in 1080p, with physics that are unrivaled in the console market.

Go ahead, make my day.

Back