GT5 screens – Rant

• Thread starter Slippery
  • 37 comments
chinko
if you really think games are about graphics then go ahead and bum the x-box. it could have ps1 graphics, but if it was enjoyable to play who would care?

Which is why I went and stole my cousin's PS1 after I finished GT3 to play GT2 again. :D

Gil
As stated the graphics don't make the game.
I will go on record as saying that I'Ve found GT2 to be more entertaining in lots of ways than GT 3.
I will also go on record as the one small voice saying that I often get more enjoyment in GT 4 out of "managing" my garage than actually racing.

I hope for GT5 that someone at PD will go back and look at GT2, and give us the "info blurb" that was available in the garage to sort of outline the history of the selected car.

I no longer care if I get the "classic" tracks. I can always go back and run them in the old games.

Actually, I like GT4 quite a bit more than GT3. I agree that GT3 was a relatively sterile experience compared to the looser dynamics and honesty of the GT2 installment, but I think the added realism (and consequent high speed instability, greater understeer, oversteer and brake dive and more difficult control) of GT4 makes up for the lack in GT3. In GT3 you can muscle cars around that you technically shouldn't. GT4 rectifies this.

Yes on the info blurb! I think that's something EVERYONE wants back!

If graphics are more important than gameplay, then GT4 would be one of the worst racing games of all time (watch someone sneak attacks a post saying "John, GT4 is the worst racing game of all time). If graphics are more important than gameplay, Forza Motorsport would be the best racing game of all time. Normally I say "gameplay is more imporant than multiplay," but we can't just admit that the next GT will just be a washed-up and half-assed GT4. I think some people even think that GT4 was basically an expansion pack of GT3.

Who owns Gran Turismo 2000? Will Vision Gran Turismo be in stores soon (soon as in within a year and a half from now)? How can we be sure the next GT will just be a rendition of GT4? You can compare GT4 to GT3 graphicswise, and in some respects, there are some similarities, but for the most part, PD isn't stupid. I bet they will probably work with as many cars as they can. Photograph them, record them at sound, just do whatever. Same goes with tracks. I probably believe PD will try to REALLY fool our eyes as to thinking what's real and what's in-game. You all seen the Fuji comparisons. Imagine if the game looks exactly like the photo. In the past, if you wanted the best-possible interpretation of something, you tape a full-motion video. Now, it's come to a point where games are looking hellishly impressive that we often question "real or fake?" GT4 did a great job, but imagine what the PS3 may be capable of. And if I know PD and their utilization of the PS3, I'm sure PD wants to set the bar even higher in graphics. Real cars, real places, I'm sure PD will want to raise the bar even higher so that companies like Codemasters, Microsoft Game Studios, Bizarre Creations, Sega, and all the others in the racing game business will have a tough time trying to compete with PD.

But if you think this is actually going to be the next GT's graphics, believe that. But don't say I didn't warn you if people like myself, McLaren F1GTR, STi Go Fly By, and all prove you wrong about the next GT's graphics.

I cant even imagine how can PD can improve the graphics for GT5. The graphis we see now in GT4 is probably as close as you can get to realism. This shouldnt be a big issue, and if PD does improve, I bet it would be just a slight improvement. Looking at GT4, is almost like looking at the real thing.

Whats next in terms of graphics, the ACTUAL real life recording of every single car and race for GT5? The graphics in GT4 are just perfect for me, and I could care less if thats how GT5 will look.

VyPeR
I cant even imagine how can PD can improve the graphics for GT5. The graphis we see now in GT4 is probably as close as you can get to realism. This shouldnt be a big issue, and if PD does improve, I bet it would be just a slight improvement. Looking at GT4, is almost like looking at the real thing.

Whats next in terms of graphics, the ACTUAL real life recording of every single car and race for GT5? The graphics in GT4 are just perfect for me, and I could care less if thats how GT5 will look.
I agree. I can't imagine how they could improve them from GT4. The only thing I can see is them sharpening the graphics, and making it so you can't see any pixels.

VyPeR

Oh, believe me... GT4 was nothing. The lighting alone in GT5 will push it more towards photorealism than you'd have thought possible.

If you can't be botherd to read the following, if GT5 looked like GT4 but with more cars on track etc, i wouldn't be botherd, as GT4 looks fantastic.But an in car view, like saaaay, LFS, would be wonderful.

Other than smoke,tyre marks, and lights, i don't see how the car models can improve as greatly as they did from say gt2 to gt3. The backgrounds i suppose could be improved, but if gt5 was gt4 graphics wise but with 20 cars on tracks and so on, i wouldnt be mortified.In fact, if they strive to make the cars even more realistic, and so lower the total car count, i think that would be a negative thing. I appreciate Blu-Ray is massive, but in GT3 there were so many cars from GT2 that i wanted to drive, I think if PD do drop the car count in tehe hope of even better graphics, the game would be worse off.
They could keep the same cars, maybe add a few and remove a few(everyone points at the skyline etc. replicants i suppose :) ) and use the extra space to incorporate an in car view, that would be fantastic. Oh and if the car has a clock inside, that would HAVE to be real time using the PS2 clock, because that is a fantastic little extra in LFS.

Annnnd i'm spent.

Latest Posts

Back