GT5 screens – Rant

• Thread starter Slippery
  • 37 comments
After seeing the few GT5 screens posted on this website, I can say that if that is any indication of how GT5 will look, then I am going with the Xbox 360 for the next generation.

You have to remember though, GT5 hasn't fully been on a dev kit. That was just showing what the PS3 MIGHT be capable of. They were still using the GT4 engine I believe.

Oh, boy... where do I start? Alright. I'm pretty sure that this will NOT be how the next GT will be like. I think this has been discussed before. How can you be confident that the next installment of Gran Turismo is going to be a watered-down GT4? I'm pretty sure the next GT won't be GT4 with more cars, online, and damage. If PD wanted to do that, they'd redo GT4 and give it some other name. Last game I remember which was a brand-new game but with more stuff was the XBOX's "Dead or Alive: Ultimate," which was simply DOA2 with some new levels and XBOX Live. Like I've stated, this is primarily the first hint of what the next GT will be like. You have to look outside the concept. Vision Gran Turismo is just what we may expect to see in the next GT game. There are no new graphics. We don't know what to expect for the next Gran Turismo game. We don't know what the PS3 is capable of soundwise, graphics wise, or even gameplay wise.

The reason why I'm upset about all of this is because we don't really know what to expect in the next Gran Turismo. If you're going to think what we've seen in videos and pictures is going to be the next GT, then of course you're not going to like the next GT when it comes out. Like one reporter was talking about a new track with a lake in a serene setting... uh, that's just Chamonix, you dope!

It's too early to say this is going to be the next GT. If Gran Turismo 2000 and Gran Turismo 3 are any indication, then I'm pretty damn sure Vision Gran Turismo and (porotypical name) "GT5" won't be any different. IT IS TOO EARLY! Give it a year at least. We'll probably know more about the next GT come E3 2006.

Slippery
After seeing the few GT5 screens posted on this website, I can say that if that is any indication of how GT5 will look, then I am going with the Xbox 360 for the next generation.
Good Luck - See ya !...

I reckon the first early screens will be showen fall 2005 or early 2006 folks.

JohnBM01
Oh, boy... where do I start? Alright. I'm pretty sure that this will NOT be how the next GT will be like. I think this has been discussed before. How can you be confident that the next installment of Gran Turismo is going to be a watered-down GT4? I'm pretty sure the next GT won't be GT4 with more cars, online, and damage. If PD wanted to do that, they'd redo GT4 and give it some other name. Last game I remember which was a brand-new game but with more stuff was the XBOX's "Dead or Alive: Ultimate," which was simply DOA2 with some new levels and XBOX Live. Like I've stated, this is primarily the first hint of what the next GT will be like. You have to look outside the concept. Vision Gran Turismo is just what we may expect to see in the next GT game. There are no new graphics. We don't know what to expect for the next Gran Turismo game. We don't know what the PS3 is capable of soundwise, graphics wise, or even gameplay wise.

The reason why I'm upset about all of this is because we don't really know what to expect in the next Gran Turismo. If you're going to think what we've seen in videos and pictures is going to be the next GT, then of course you're not going to like the next GT when it comes out. Like one reporter was talking about a new track with a lake in a serene setting... uh, that's just Chamonix, you dope!

It's too early to say this is going to be the next GT. If Gran Turismo 2000 and Gran Turismo 3 are any indication, then I'm pretty damn sure Vision Gran Turismo and (porotypical name) "GT5" won't be any different. IT IS TOO EARLY! Give it a year at least. We'll probably know more about the next GT come E3 2006.
thank you, I was gonna write all thet down but in different words, how can someone even think that gt5 will look like thet :nervous:

What is it with n00bs? Just no common sense or what?

If you couldn't recognize VisionGT as actually being GT4, then you're too stupid to be using the internet. Screens of GT5.. hmph.. THERE ARE NO SCREENS OF GT5.

Need proof? Go looking around the internet (if you can) for screenshots of "GT2000". You'll see, quite plainly, that it's nothing more than GT2 running on a PS2. Then compare that to what we actually got in GT3.

if you really think games are about graphics then go ahead and bum the x-box. it could have ps1 graphics, but if it was enjoyable to play who would care?

personally i couldnt give a bollocks if it looked like GT4, its good enough for me, as long as the AI is better, the Structure is better and theres damage and more cars on track, thats all i can ask, i dont care about graphics.

If you actually believe Vision GT will look like that then apparently you don't know what a lpha or beta is. I'm pretty sure Vision GT will look close to that but better. Very hard to get better because it's nearly as close to life-like as it is.

Yeah, so let me guess. The next Forza (if there will be one) will just be the first Forza only revised. The upcoming TOCA Race Driver 3 will just be TOCA RD 2 with unnoticable changes. "HALO 3" will just be another damned HALO game. A better title for this thread would have been "Are We Looking at the Next GT?" or something like "This is Going to be the Next Gran Turismo? 4za 4 life, suckas!"

It's too early to predict any of this. You want to play against VelocityGirl on the XBOX360, then go play the damned 360. This is just going to be another case of seperating fact from fiction. Fiction- GT5 = revised GT4. Fact (the ones we know)- another GT is in the works with perhaps greater oppurtunities for graphics, damage modelling, and perhaps we'll throw in our online package that will blow away multiplayer racing for years to come until the next GT after next. Every good game is going to have rumors. For example, remember that "778 Cars Confirmed!" deal for GT4? The one that included limos and police cars and (some European exotics)? Did it happen? Hell no. Whoever told you that the next GT will just be another disappointment in the GT series obviously needs to to back to grade school and finish Kindergarten. I don't think PD would stoop to a low of rehashing a GT game and make it the next installment. I... I just don't see that happening and I don't think Kazunori Yamauchi or Polyphony Digital is that stupid in making the next GT game. Was Hideo Kojima and Konami stupid at making Metal Gear Solid 3? Then why would you think PD would rehash GT4 and release it as (the next GT's title)?

Come on now, people. Vision Gran Turismo was that- a vision of the next GT. A vision of the long-running racing franchise in which people would know of Polyhony Digital or Kazunori Yamauchi only if they haven't played Motor Toon Grand Prix or Omega Boost (I wanted to buy this game, liked the demo I played back around 1998 or so). In fact, I'm even inclined to say that the next Gran Turismo wouldn't even be a rehash of GT4 in technical or gameplay terms. Nothing's going to change except perhaps your Mt. Everest-high expectations of the next GT. And if things change in GT games, it will be for the better. I'm not a PD spokesperson; I'm just calling things like I know PD would probably do with the next GT.

STiGoFLyBy
If you actually believe Vision GT will look like that then apparently you don't know what a lpha or beta is. I'm pretty sure Vision GT will look close to that but better. Very hard to get better because it's nearly as close to life-like as it is.
Well, if GT4 pushed the PS2 to the limit, then imagine the PS3 limits.

I'm also annoyed with this thread since so many people want to go with either generation on the graphics. So, you want to go with the 360 because you don't want to play a fun game, even if it has the graphics of a PS2?

Let me give those who share this same view these words.

Graphics don't make a game!

I agree with John and GTR. John, you probably make the best and smartest arguments here.

GTR, you are so right about that. Take a look at Driv3r. It's looks like an awesome game because of the graphics and all the advertising, but if you ever played it you'll realize what a mistake you made for purchasing it. It's so bad, I traded my cousin it for Grand Theft Auto 2.

STiGoFLyBy
I agree with John and GTR. John, you probably make the best and smartest arguments here.

GTR, you are so right about that. Take a look at Driv3r. It's looks like an awesome game because of the graphics and all the advertising, but if you ever played it you'll realize what a mistake you made for purchasing it. It's so bad, I traded my cousin it for Grand Theft Auto 2.
I gave it a rent since I had enjoyed previous Drivers. Big mistake with this one.
Cool cars, nice cities, good storyline, poor gameplay.

I dont mind if GT5 will look like GT4 in the GT5 demo, as long as we see new features, like more cars in a race, like what we saw in the video, A.I. improvements, more cars that we want to see, etc. I care about this, not really the graphics, or how it looks. GT4 looks good enough, so I wouldnt mind if it looks the same.

VyPeR
I dont mind if GT5 will look like GT4 in the GT5 demo, as long as we see new features, like more cars in a race, like what we saw in the video, A.I. improvements, more cars that we want to see, etc. I care about this, not really the graphics, or how it looks. GT4 looks good enough, so I wouldnt mind if it looks the same.
Same here, I find it hard to believe Vision GT will look better graphics wise. But I bet PD has a few tricks up their sleeve now that they're going to use PS3.

Have you seen the screens for Perfect Dark Zero yet? They look like CRAP!!! They look like current gen, PS2 graphics and yet they are slated for the Xbox 360.

Why do I bring this up?

Because right now, PDZ is not FINISHED! Hard to believe, no? Right now they are still working on it's graphics and everything else. I have full confidence that it will look like a next-gen game when it is released.

Point is, I'm not on the Xbox 360 forum saying that I'm not gonna buy an Xbox 360 based on ONE game that is in it's infancy--no it's WOMB.

Think before you speak. And then, think some more.

P.S. I apologize for the relative coarseness of this post. I honestly mean no offense, but having just read a thread along the lines of "PS3 ownz Xbox 360" when NEITHER system is even OUT yet...it just really bugs me.

JohnBM01
Yeah, so let me guess. The next Forza (if there will be one) will just be the first Forza only revised. The upcoming TOCA Race Driver 3 will just be TOCA RD 2 with unnoticable changes. "HALO 3" will just be another damned HALO game. A better title for this thread would have been "Are We Looking at the Next GT?" or something like "This is Going to be the Next Gran Turismo? 4za 4 life, suckas!"

It's too early to predict any of this. You want to play against VelocityGirl on the XBOX360, then go play the damned 360. This is just going to be another case of seperating fact from fiction. Fiction- GT5 = revised GT4. Fact (the ones we know)- another GT is in the works with perhaps greater oppurtunities for graphics, damage modelling, and perhaps we'll throw in our online package that will blow away multiplayer racing for years to come until the next GT after next. Every good game is going to have rumors. For example, remember that "778 Cars Confirmed!" deal for GT4? The one that included limos and police cars and (some European exotics)? Did it happen? Hell no. Whoever told you that the next GT will just be another disappointment in the GT series obviously needs to to back to grade school and finish Kindergarten. I don't think PD would stoop to a low of rehashing a GT game and make it the next installment. I... I just don't see that happening and I don't think Kazunori Yamauchi or Polyphony Digital is that stupid in making the next GT game. Was Hideo Kojima and Konami stupid at making Metal Gear Solid 3? Then why would you think PD would rehash GT4 and release it as (the next GT's title)?

Come on now, people. Vision Gran Turismo was that- a vision of the next GT. A vision of the long-running racing franchise in which people would know of Polyhony Digital or Kazunori Yamauchi only if they haven't played Motor Toon Grand Prix or Omega Boost (I wanted to buy this game, liked the demo I played back around 1998 or so). In fact, I'm even inclined to say that the next Gran Turismo wouldn't even be a rehash of GT4 in technical or gameplay terms. Nothing's going to change except perhaps your Mt. Everest-high expectations of the next GT. And if things change in GT games, it will be for the better. I'm not a PD spokesperson; I'm just calling things like I know PD would probably do with the next GT.

Wow I think I've given up attempting to read your posts, john.

At least I'm making sense. The thing is, if you just look at Vision Gran Turismo for what the next GT will final product will be, you obviously need help. Then too, I was p*ssed off, so of course I wanted a long sound off. I'm an expressive person, and if I got something on my mind you need to know regardless of length, I'll give you what you want. Regardless, this is too early to talk about anything next GT. Did I make myself clear the first time, or is this too much to read.

Anyone else care to blast me on post length and really shy away from the main topic, go ahead.

Slippery

just wait my friend. the demo screens and video is the GT4 engine with a little polish not really anything new. I am sure Polyphony Digital will come up with something great.

and what the hell, this game won't be out for probably 2 or 3 years people, enjoy GT4!!

JohnBM01

my thoughts exactly. chill the F out you crazy people :)

GT5 will make us all wet, like some of you have said GRAPHICS DON'T MAKE A GAME!! You know when you play gt4 and youv'e just powerslid round a huge bend and then think to yourself "that was f'n cool" thats what its about!!
PS3 IS GONNA ROCK THE PLANET!!!!

As stated the graphics don't make the game.
I will go on record as saying that I'Ve found GT2 to be more entertaining in lots of ways than GT 3.
I will also go on record as the one small voice saying that I often get more enjoyment in GT 4 out of "managing" my garage than actually racing.

I hope for GT5 that someone at PD will go back and look at GT2, and give us the "info blurb" that was available in the garage to sort of outline the history of the selected car.

I no longer care if I get the "classic" tracks. I can always go back and run them in the old games.

Gil
I will go on record as saying that I'Ve found GT2 to be more entertaining in lots of ways than GT 3.
I will also go on record as the one small voice saying that I often get more enjoyment in GT 4 out of "managing" my garage than actually racing.

I hope for GT5 that someone at PD will go back and look at GT2, and give us the "info blurb" that was available in the garage to sort of outline the history of the selected car.

I no longer care if I get the "classic" tracks. I can always go back and run them in the old games.

I think GT3 also had the scrolling bit of car history. That feature is absent in GT4 now that I think about it.

I am not expecting GT5 to have more cars or better graphics. All I want is inside cockpit view. Real time racing information provided by your racing crew (spoken on radio). This can be put on the LM and GT racing championships of course.

I would also like G-force head panning; meaning I don't want a G-Force Bar on the bottom of the screen. I mean, who the hell even looks at that when racing. Why put it now when I could notice the G forces in GT3 without it.

Better sounds.

Pay more attention to the inside racing car sounds.

For this reason, racing in the behind the car view sounds great but racing in bumper cam view seems like a muffled behind the car sound. I would like to actually hear the transmission. They need to implement the virtual feeling of driving a car (like GTR).

What I said in my first post is not real, as I have never showed interested in the Xbox Exclusive racing games (PGR, PGR2, Rallisport and Rallisport2). Everytime I go to Best Buy and look at the Xbox side, I always take at least a minute staring at those games but always end up never buying them.

I bought Forza for the sole reason of being the GT killer racing simulator, which is clearly not. All Forza is just a heavily oriented arcade racing game with bits of simulation.

Gil

Same here Gil. Lately, I've just been racing to get cars I want in colors I want, and then, just take photos of them. 👍

Back