GT5 "Signature Edition" exclusive competition to win a Mercedes SLS AMG

• Thread starter Gaviao_pt
  • 122 comments
Gaviao; GTP_Gaviao; Gaviao_GTPT
Many GT Planet members have already decided to buy the GT5 special "Signature Edition"

In addition to several collectors items, this special addition allows its owners the possibility to enter a very exclusive GT5 competition and win a real Mercedes SLS AMG!

Let's hope a GTP member is the lucky winner 👍

Here's what I found so far about the competition. It's not a lot yet but I searched and didn't see it posted elsewhere:

GranTurismo5SE.jpg

The Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition includes in-game entry into a competition to win a Mercedes SLS AMG!

For the true gaming petrol-head, the most exciting part of the Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition is contained in that sexy black wallet complete with Gran Turismo stamp. Housed inside the leather wallet you’ll find your invitation to enter the in-game competition to win a REAL £157,500 supercar!
Only by purchasing the Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition will you be in with a chance to win 571bhp Mercedes SLS AMG, capable of despatching the sprint from 0 to 62mph in just 3.8 seconds. This fantastic competition is restricted to buyers of the extremely limited production run Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition!

The competition details are:

Stage One
• Order Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition.
• Using PlayStation Network you Sign In on GT.com.
• Within the leather wallet included in the box is a code which you need to enter on GT.com.
• Once you sign in to the page you can review your progress in the competition.
• At the end of the pre-determined period one national winner is selected from each of the markets to take part in stage 2.
• In the event of a tied score there would be a tie-breaking skill based test.

Stage Two

• Mercedes SLS AMG driving day/driving skills challenge.
• Points scored at this stage are combined with those gained at Stage 1 and the entrant with the most points wins the Mercedes SLS AMG.

Other considerations - Stage 2 is likely to take place at the Nurburgring, Germany. The winning entrants vehicle will be supplied by Mercedes-Benz to the Mercedes dealership nearest to the winner. You must be 18 or over and hold a full driving licence in order to enter the competition.

Source: http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Racing/Car/~r350...niture-Edition/

Update (this information is on GT site since Aug. 3):

Full terms and conditions will be made available shortly on

http://www.eu.gran-turismo.com

The Signature Edition competition will be open to residents of the following countries:
• UK
• Ireland
• Germany
• Austria
• France
• Switzerland
• Portugal
• Spain
• Italy
• Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway
• Greece
• Czech Republic
• Russia
• Poland
• Australia
• New Zealand
• South Africa
• UAE
• Saudi Arabia

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d14080.html

Update Nov. 26:

Gran Turismo® 5 Signature Edition competition update
Last Updated : Nov 26, 2010

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe can confirm that the activation of the Gran Turismo® 5 Signature Edition competition will take place in December 2010. The activation date will be confirmed shortly.

We would like to reassure customers who have purchased the Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition that voucher codes will remain valid and the competition, with the chance to win a Mercedes Benz SLS AMG, will still be going ahead. Satisfying the loyal Gran Turismo followers is at the heart of all of our efforts and we hope that they enjoy the wealth of driving experiences in GT5 until this exciting competition is live.

We’re pleased to reveal that the competition will be based on GT5’s ‘B-Spec Mode’, so any Signature Edition owners should be sure to start levelling up their B-Spec drivers now in preparation.

Further details will be available shortly and will also be posted on this website.

Gran Turismo® 5 Signature Edition competition Q&A

When will the competition start?
The competition will become active in December 2010. The activation date will be communicated shortly.

How will it work?
More information on the competition mechanic will be available in due course on this site

Is my voucher still valid?
Yes. All Signature Edition voucher codes will be valid at competition launch, so please hold on to your code.

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread. Have mine ordered and winning this would be a big massive bonus although my hopes are not high.

Good luck to everyone!

I think I have a higher chance of winning the lottery than this. I saw how far I was from the GT academy series.

Hope a GT Planet member wins.

It would be funny if the person who wins the car won't be able to afford all the fees and taxes that come with it.

They won't give you the car unless you pay the fees. That's how it worked here at least.

Take out a loan, then sell the car, invest in the cheap property in detriot, wait for the automotive industry to get back up on its feet, and then die rich.

Take out a loan, then sell the car, invest in the cheap property in detriot, wait for the automotive industry to get back up on its feet, and then die rich.

Why would they want to move to the US? Stay in EU/AU/NZ or move to detroit, that's a tough one.

It's tempting to invest in the SE because of this. But it would also mean I need to buy a proper setup just to have a slight chance of reaching top 50. At least, I don't imagine the winner will be thanking his SIXAXIS or DS3 controller.

By the way, is this AMG being mass produced? If not, it may be worth reconsidering selling it on day one.

By the way, is this AMG being mass produced? If not, it may be worth reconsidering selling it on day one.

Yes it is afew already on the roads actually. IF I won it, its going to be a 2nd day sale after lots of posing.

That would be pretty sweet if a GTP member won. If I could enter the competition and thought I'd have a shot at winning I'd be driving the Merc in GT5P to get any kind of feel for them as possible. I'd also be researching the crap out of it and any relevent information.

Of course I'd probably sell it after I won it.

About paying the taxes and fees. Almost any bank would give you a loan if you explained the situation.

The competition details are:

Stage One
• Order Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition.
• Using PlayStation Network you Sign In on GT.com.
• Within the leather wallet included in the box is a code which you need to enter on GT.com.
• Once you sign in to the page you can review your progress in the competition.
• At the end of the pre-determined period one national winner is selected from each of the markets to take part in stage 2.
• In the event of a tied score there would be a tie-breaking skill based test.

Stage Two

• Mercedes SLS AMG driving day/driving skills challenge.
• Points scored at this stage are combined with those gained at Stage 1 and the entrant with the most points wins the Mercedes SLS AMG.

Other considerations - Stage 2 is likely to take place at the Nurburgring, Germany. The winning entrants vehicle will be supplied by Mercedes-Benz to the Mercedes dealership nearest to the winner. You must be 18 or over and hold a full driving licence in order to enter the competition.[/I]

Source: http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Racing/Car/~r350...niture-Edition/

Whaaat? Nurburgring? ... Oh wait there is only one winner not one winner per country .. that's what I was thinking since they announced the Signature edition!!! .. screw my rubbish brain :grumpy:.

Damn, then I can't win this. I'll just buy the CE.

Bah! Not for the Netherlands :-( But on the other hand i cant pay the taxes for a SLS here anyway :-D The tax in the Netherlands for a SLS would be about 50% of its value. And that's just for buying/winning it, afterwards the monthly tax and the insurance bill will be massive aswell.

There will most surely be driving missions etc. inside the game. Just like academy, I'd think.

Funny thing is Mercedes probably gave them the car and they charge more for the SE anyway. It does me me upset that nothing they do is available in the US. Like they think we're not worth it or something.

Funny thing is Mercedes probably gave them the car and they charge more for the SE anyway. It does me me upset that nothing they do is available in the US. Like they think we're not worth it or something.

I'll be sure to shed a tear for you while I'm thrashing my new SLR.

There will most surely be driving missions etc. inside the game. Just like academy, I'd think.

There really is a good chance for the top Academy participants. Are you getting the Signature Edition?

R35-Vspec Whaaat? Nurburgring? ... Oh wait there is only one winner not one winner per country .. that's what I was thinking since they announced the Signature edition!!! .. screw my rubbish brain .

Damn, then I can't win this. I'll just buy the CE.

so is he right?! will there be only ONE MERCEDES SLS to win?! O_o
I am confused a bit! :(

There really is a good chance for the top Academy participants.

Lacombe?
I see he's/was on top of the Ferrari Challenge charts. He seems to be at the top of a lot of comps.

so is he right?! will there be only ONE MERCEDES SLS to win?! O_o
I am confused a bit! :(

Yeah, that was obvious from the start, I thought. One SLS among all the eligible countries/participants.

Back