GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
I actually also think they have made the racing line a little more grippy or the dirty line less grippy. Considerable ammount of understeer when going from the racing line to the dirty line and considerable ammount of oversteer with a vast ammount of grip going from the dirty line to the racing line.

The DLC racing karts are already available for use in Arcade Mode, so the only thing you're buying them for is for use in GT Mode.

To me, the smoke particles looked pretty good. For sure, it's been improved since the release of the game. I feel like I need to be in a deeper smoke with all the other drifters to know for sure. When I was trying to do donuts alone though, I couldn't see anything pixelated.

The sound seem the same to me, but the sound of the GTR Schulze is brilliant imo.

Not exactly on topic, but I'd have to agree with you on this. Don't get me wrong though. I'm one who always sees the positives in the game.

I think what people overlook is that PD is trying to get a lot of things that the fans want, while also doing things they decide to do on their own. GT5 has a lot of the features that a lot of people like (time change, F1, weather change, etc.), but I think because of that, they simply decided to do too much, which resulted in long developmental time and a unseemingly finish game in the beginning. You can't have a lot of features, and not execute it to the best of its potential, or otherwise people and critics, will overlook it.

:cheers: mate

You've been given a arcade function. Use it.

It would have been much nicer if they'd given us proper events, wouldn't you agree? Arcade mode feels empty. You earn nothing from winning, and it doesn't matter if you lose... There is no sense of achievement.

It would have been much nicer if they'd given us proper events, wouldn't you agree? Arcade mode feels empty. You earn nothing from winning, and it doesn't matter if you lose... There is no sense of achievement.

I assume SPA seasonal events are on the way

I'm finally downloading it.
And what i see in the news?

Gran Turismo 5 DLC Coming October 18th, Includes Spa Francorchamps

THANKS GOD

Tired Tyres
Impossible. They can't put up an event containing a track that not everybody will have.

Oh they can. Those with out will be with out.

Check this guys:

Purchased 2011 Chevy NASCAR and Ford NASCAR. noticed right away the Ford sounded different when I got I'm. Was wait was that different. Then on track it appears to me they indeed sound different. Which is awesome cause a Small Block Ford and Small Block Chevy defiantly sound different.

Like that tire load meter. If it can be used during replays. That be sick. Or if it can be seen while watching a guy run practice laps online, we have a new and incredible tuning tool.

Sooooo excited to try and implement these new tools.

DLC while not exactly what I wanted. I am very very pleased with anything new. Spa is a huge win. That kart track and a karts is a huge win. I got two boys I an wanting to start karting with and this could be ideal tool for them over winter. Using a wheel of course.

Anyway pleased on many levels. only gripe. I am at work still. :(

Draft reduction is a huge plus too.

Ok I am out. Thank You PD and Kaz and all involved.

Also guys remember we are only a month away from 1yr anniversary. So surely more goodies to come. As well Christmas. PD seems to get Christmas.

Question from a Former PS3 owner :D (yes it died).

Does the new cars ,Bugatii Veyron ,Jag XFR have the same generic cockpits as the other standards ?

The Veyron does have the standard black cockpit. But you can see the shape of the air intakes in the rear-view; as someone else said, they've actually modelled the correct shape windows for these views, so that's something. Not tested the XFR yet, but would assume so.

Oh they can. Those with out will be with out.

update 2.0 probably has the SPA files in it, so people might be able to use the track for the seasonal only.

Spa is so awesome that when people do this seasonal event, most of them will buy the track pack to use it online ;)

Impossible. They can't put up an event containing a track that not everybody will have.

I think the Spa track is in the 2.0 update but locked 💡

So DLC will only be a code to unlock it ....
(and that can be unlocked too for a special event)

that my supposition ....:crazy:

(maybe we got this free for Christmas :D)

Need for Speed Shi(f)t 2 did that with it's extensive rip-off packs.

I think the Spa track is in the 2.0 update but locked 💡

So DLC will only be a code to unlock it ....
(and that can be unlocked too for a special event)

Nope, if this was the case then the pack would have been larger in size.

That kart track and a karts is a huge win. I got two boys I an wanting to start karting with and this could be ideal tool for them over winter. Using a wheel of course.

I'm excited about the Karting content also. :dopey: I race a CRG Kalifornia with a 125cc leopard engine in real life, so I'm very happy that PD added in the new 125cc GT Kart. I'm rubbish at karting in Gran Turismo though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6L2pWb6U-A

2:35, the new Evo touring car / rally car. Looks like it'll be more rally-oriented than previously thought. All the previous RM apart from the 05 WRX have been tuner/touring cars. This thing picks up more of a rally-oriented double decker rear wing, so basically it's the EVO super touring rally car like the old standard one, but newer.

Good to see they haven't completely forgotten about rallying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6L2pWb6U-A

2:35, the new Evo touring car / rally car. Looks like it'll be more rally-oriented than previously thought. All the previous RM apart from the 05 WRX have been tuner/touring cars. This thing picks up more of a rally-oriented double decker rear wing, so basically it's the EVO super touring rally car like the old standard one, but newer.

Good to see they haven't completely forgotten about rallying.

+1, its good to see some developers think of rally, even if it is a sinking ship at the moment.

EDIT: FASTER CARS IN SHUFFLE RACE!

Last edited:
The rest of the update is great, thanks PD....

But the back-to-front ride height settings are still not fixed! :dopey:
Even PD's own blurb under the tuning menu help (yellow question mark in susp settings) states that lower front / higher rear increases oversteer tendency, and yet the tuning inputs produce the opposite effect! WAKE UP!

Unless I'm mistaken wasn't better filtering supposed to be available for the online lobby?

It looks exactly the same to me.

:/

Any of you guys tried the Top Gear track on practice mode? I'm curious as to see if we can drive on it on evening, seeing from the screenshot of the touring cars DLC, and the 787B vs. Audi in the 2010 GT5 trailer.

OMFG... Polyphony fixed the rear window on my Toyota Sera! I've been nagging on about that for ages. Thank you PD. I'm giving this update a 10/10 based on this alone. 👍

The seasonal events are pretty much the extra A-spec races. And there are quite a lot of them open at the moment. I'm sure a lot of people did each of those races once and moved on, but they really ought to be treated like part of the career mode.

Is anyone else having a really long wait after they hit the green race button when you first fire up a race? I have to say the loading times are really much faster over all, but have PD just shuffled some things around so instead of waiting for a long load, it loads quickly then you have to wait longer for the actual race to start?

Is anyone else having a really long wait after they hit the green race button when you first fire up a race? I have to say the loading times are really much faster over all, but have PD just shuffled some things around so instead of waiting for a long load, it loads quickly then you have to wait longer for the actual race to start?

Depends. In practice modes or online, things seem lots quicker. In practice mode the tracks take about 2-3s to load and you can be up and driving a second or two later, which is impressive.

But then if you're doing a race against the AI I've found that it loads the track quickly but then takes a little while extra to load the AI drivers.

While you're waiting for the AI drivers to load you can change the driving options, settings etc I think, so I think it's more a 'reorganisation' of loads than actually superior ones. It makes sense though since if you want to check driving options by the time you've done that the AI has usually loaded.

Agreed, terrible DLC, new track with nothing to race it on. Car pack is a joke. 1 year for this?

Sorry mate I don't mean to pick on you specifically but comments like this really wind me up.

It appears that many people on this forum have forgotten what happened to Japan earlier this year? Tidal wave + Nuclear crisis + 15,000 innocent people killed? I think if it wasn't for this we would have had this a lot earlier in the year, but it's ok, we all sit here behind our computers when many people in Japan, and im sure i can include PD staff in this, have lost their homes and loved ones.

But sure, I can see we are all hard done by, we shouldn't have to wait a year for our DLC, it's not like anything else is more important.

/rant over.

Back