GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
Did anyone else notice in the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sports description, they left HTML code of "b/" for break line?

Last edited:
Got problems with firmware updates? You need the latest firmware to connect to PSN, so I'm assuming yes.

It's not my PS3 and owner don't want to perform any firmware updates...
Imagine my situation: I have PS3, have GT5, have fast internet connection and can't play Spec 2...:(

Does 2.0 fix the incorrect time and date problem?
Thats one part of gt I really cant stand. :banghead:

This is not to blame on GT, but an 'issue' to correct on the PS3..
Go in and re-set the clock on your PS3 (even if it seems to be OK), then the warning will disappear..

Had the issue my self some weeks ago... :ouch:

He's a pirate in otherwords.

Of course you know what that means. This PS3 have 3.70 on it and I've played GT5 very much, but after release of 3.72 - no on-line, no seasonals :( I can't buy PS3 now because I'm buying 32" LED TV, and it's little bit painful to wait really :(

Tell your friend he's a fool and get the latest firmware.

No he is not fool believe me, he is actually very far from it :)

Is it me or does it take like forever to download the update? I started it 45minutes ago and still it needs 270 minutes to complete:nervous:

MikaelK
This is not to blame on GT, but an 'issue' to correct on the PS3..
Go in and re-set the clock on your PS3 (even if it seems to be OK), then the warning will disappear..

Had the issue my self some weeks ago... :ouch:

Yeah was gonna post this, even if your PSN clock is a couple mins out, you get the GT5 time and date error :/

(set it using the Internet tho)

Is it me or does it take like forever to download the update? I started it 45minutes ago and still it needs 270 minutes to complete:nervous:

when i first went to download it, it said 720 minutes. so i disconnected, restarted the PS3, and tried again... then it downloaded in 5 minutes. I think it connected to a different download server the 2nd time.

You might want to try starting the download over... just a thought.

shmogt
Is it possible to download this patch on my comp than USB it to the ps3?

Don't think so. My buddy doesn't keep net at home and attempted updates with no luck. Could be wrong as never tried myself. He can get PS3 updates via USB drive though.

Just got Horns No.078 and Matte Pink for my car collection reaching 420. Where's the guy that said he'd paint his cars pink? Pics NAO, foo :P

mcm127
Anything on the AI?

In arcade mode, you can set the aggressiveness of the AI. It's a bit hidden in the general arcade settings though.

Starting from 8 (and 'A' skill level obviously) things do get interesting.

RACECAR
Just got Horns No.078 and Matte Pink for my car collection reaching 420. Where's the guy that said he'd paint his cars pink? Pics NAO, foo :P

Nepal. He is one of my friends. I am so hoping we hold him to this. I got several pinks I plan to send him.

I'd say if he paints top 50 Premium cars pink and posts a picture we can let him off. Be ridiculous to paint 200-609 cars.

Irony. I posted this at 4:20 too.

Anyone notice in the spec 2.0 intro what appears to be a new Lancer rally car racing around Chamonix? It's bright red.

Anyone notice in the spec 2.0 intro what appears to be a new Lancer rally car racing around Chamonix? It's bright red.
I'm pretty sure that's the DLC car coming next week, not anything that we don't know about.

Back