GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
Sorry mate I don't mean to pick on you specifically but comments like this really wind me up.

It appears that many people on this forum have forgotten what happened to Japan earlier this year? Tidal wave + Nuclear crisis + 15,000 innocent people killed? I think if it wasn't for this we would have had this a lot earlier in the year, but it's ok, we all sit here behind our computers when many people in Japan, and im sure i can include PD staff in this, have lost their homes and loved ones.

But sure, I can see we are all hard done by, we shouldn't have to wait a year for our DLC, it's not like anything else is more important.

/rant over.

+1 ...this forum is really full of ungrateful little sods and I think that if PD sees these negative posts and the same idiots who post such garbage ask/beg/plead/nag then for more DLC, PD should just turn around and say to them, David Cameron style:

david-cameron-nope-322296894.jpg

Well I personally really appreciate this stuff. The DLC is limited. So what? There will be more. And GT5 may be imperfect, but one of the things it's the best on is having tons of content, so this isn't really the most legit complaint in the first place.

I like how they shuffled the loading a bit. It does take longer for a race to start once the track screen appears, but that's much better than staring at the GT logo. Very nice.

Sorry mate I don't mean to pick on you specifically but comments like this really wind me up.

It appears that many people on this forum have forgotten what happened to Japan earlier this year? Tidal wave + Nuclear crisis + 15,000 innocent people killed? I think if it wasn't for this we would have had this a lot earlier in the year, but it's ok, we all sit here behind our computers when many people in Japan, and im sure i can include PD staff in this, have lost their homes and loved ones.

But sure, I can see we are all hard done by, we shouldn't have to wait a year for our DLC, it's not like anything else is more important.

/rant over.

Still using the tsunami as an excuse LMAO wow. Other games can put out more DLC in a month..........

The Veyron does have the standard black cockpit. But you can see the shape of the air intakes in the rear-view; as someone else said, they've actually modelled the correct shape windows for these views, so that's something. Not tested the XFR yet, but would assume so.
:cheers: for the info .

/rant over.

Not a Valid argument .The Disasters in Japan wouldn't have affected PD to that Drastic effect,It has been a full 'Year' to release you know.

We all want new cars and although I am Happy with the Pack I don't See a years work put on to Modeling .Also Why is there no FT-86 no HSV ,No Scirocco .Why no new road cars.

Spa is astonishing I'd pay 12 $ alone for it,getting a PD modeled Spa ,people won't fully Appreciate this untill they play it however where are the Prvious tracks in GT4 they are there they simply have to code them into the game.

Honestly PD can add very very simple changes (Standard Tracks ,new A-spec events,.....etc)and it will make a Huge difference .

I am just saying with Forza getting better and better it should be expected that PD follow/lead as well.

Still using the tsunami as an excuse LMAO wow. Other games can put out more DLC in a month..........

I'm sorry man but you are ignorant. I slightly got hit by Irene and i'm still suffering from it. Japan really got hit, and is still suffering and you laugh and say it is an excuse wow.... 👎

Not a Valid argument .The Disasters in Japan wouldn't have affected PD to that Drastic effect,It has been a full 'Year' to release you know.

I cannot believe the naivety and arrogance of people on this forum. I'm going to put an end to this now because what I want to say will probably get me banned....

I was just wondering... Maybe to change the topic a bit... If anyone would mind very much putting up some in game screenshots of the new cars, especially the Nissan.

Cockpit shots would be great appreciated, but anything will do!

Still using the tsunami as an excuse LMAO wow.
And moving Polyphony studios hundreds of miles from Tokyo? lol... they should either not sleep or be forced to work on the game in their sleep. rofl bbq wth on you guys 👎

Does 2.0 fix the incorrect time and date problem?
Thats one part of gt I really cant stand. :banghead:

Although some dont care about the cars, Im happy to see them add a few RM options and hope they continue to add cars for years to come.

Btw I know how disasters work and Im sure people talking down on PD for the tsunami will get hit by something one day and wonder why no one cares. I saw it happen to many people just recently when Irene put a tiny taste of Katrina in the northeast. :indiff:
It happens everywhere and eventually the fools will get theirs... I pity the fool.

I'm sorry man but you are ignorant. I slightly got hit by Irene and i'm still suffering from it. Japan really got hit, and is still suffering and you laugh and say it is an excuse wow.... 👎

Domestic violence should be stamped out:tup:

I cannot believe the naivety and arrogance of people on this forum. I'm going to put an end to this now because what I want to say will probably get me banned....

:indiff: .You can explain your argument without getting banned you know 💡

And moving Polyphony studios hundreds of miles from Tokyo? lol... they should either not sleep or be forced to work on the game in their sleep. rofl bbq wth on you guys 👎
It's not that the entire staff moved.
Half of it (Yamauchi excluded) is still in Tokyo.

Havent we all seen big AAA games released while there "will" be DLC for those just weeks after, why ? because game studios wants MONEY, am I the only one who realizes that companies like EA or Activision has made a huge joke about DLC, while it's always new multiplayer maps, maybe guns and wahtsoever, and will NOT be merged with singleplayer mdoes at all.
While GT5, will have 2 tracks we can use offline/online
12 "new" RM cars and 3 wicked Karts
paint items
outfits

Ok, those WONT expand the Aspec (why would it, you can set up races for yourself)

I feel really bad for people who thinks a Tsunami that hit on japan was only laughable thing, so much about humanity here "I am a PLAYER and my NEEDS are more urgent" Urgh, yeah I kinda feel ashamed being a player because of some people at this very forum.

Havent we all seen big AAA games released while there "will" be DLC for those just weeks after, why ? because game studios wants MONEY, am I the only one who realizes that companies like EA or Activision has made a huge joke about DLC, while it's always new multiplayer maps, maybe guns and wahtsoever, and will NOT be merged with singleplayer mdoes at all.
While GT5, will have 2 tracks we can use offline/online
12 "new" RM cars and 3 wicked Karts
paint items
outfits

Ok, those WONT expand the Aspec (why would it, you can set up races for yourself)

I feel really bad for people who thinks a Tsunami that hit on japan was only laughable thing, so much about humanity here "I am a PLAYER and my NEEDS are more urgent" Urgh, yeah I kinda feel ashamed being a player because of some people at this very forum.

Not all People play online that much .Rewards are not the same (even the physics are not the same )so replacing more A-spec events with (you have online you can play all you want )won't work.

Not all People play online that much .Rewards are not the same (even the physics are not the same )so replacing more A-spec events with (you have online you can play all you want )won't work.

I have read the physics are the same now unless you know different?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what's different with the Spec 2.0 opening movie?

Edit: NVM, that download failed at 80% and when I played it it played the old one lol.

Last edited:
Need race mod Formula GT in premiun DLC with interchangable aero wing packages, front nose and sidepods. This way we can have our own formula series with custom liveries.

Does anyone know what's different with the Spec 2.0 opening movie?

The beginning of the Intro is basicly the same, but speed up very much with some car parts appearing randomly on screen. The "replay" part of the intro is pretty different though. Finally using good music and showing some of the DLC cars and different scenes from various tracks, including alot of footage from Spa and the Nurburgring.

I think the 2.0 intro is far superior to the original one.

The 2.0 patch as a whole is very impressive and changed many things to the better. To me its the best patch for any PS3 game since launch, except for the free DLC for Burnout Paradise, featuring weather and motor bikes.

The DLC is a different story though. Except for Spa there is not much content to be found. I hope they release more car packs in the future, with real cars and not some race mods of cars that are allready in the game.

Don't stress too much, it seems like the more success PD gets, the more haters show up. I completely agree with you, and while I've voiced my opinion in the past, it seems like there are an overwhelming number of people here who do nothing but complain and jump on you for trying to look at the positives.

Arcade mode, AI aggressiveness set to 8, Nürburgring 24 hours layout, time 8:30 pm, scale set to 10, no rain and dry track.

Simply freaking funtastic!

The Schulze GR-R sounds wicked.

And the standard interiors are actually pretty good, look very much like the real deal only missing textures and working dials. But working mirrors and even the back of the car us modelled.

Spec 2 is a huge leap forward. Very happy bunny right now :)

The beginning of the Intro is basicly the same, but speed up very much with some car parts appearing randomly on screen. The "replay" part of the intro is pretty different though. Finally using good music and showing some of the DLC cars and different scenes from various tracks, including alot of footage from Spa and the Nurburgring.

I think the 2.0 intro is far superior to the original one.

Sorry I had a bug so when I thought I was watching the updated one it was still the older version. But yeah wow that was really awesome, rainbow road track looks amazing and I always hoped they would use soul on display for the opening movie.

Like the new categories for online lobbies "GT300" etc. You can set it so that there's no tuning, which means absolutley everything must be standard settings. Would be nice if you could change aero, suspension and transmission though.

Back