GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
I expect a massive overhaul of the both A/B-Spec modes, new tracks, new vehicles and new functionalities.

This is not an ordinary update, Yamauchi himself said it is "Spec 2.0" update.

It will be glorious.

Are you just speculating, or do you know something? ;)
Anyway, can't wait, although I am not getting excited, yet.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 205 (57 members and 148 guests)

Mcjoz88, Abraxas, ageha, Amon, ARDA_TIRMAS, Ariesps, bboris77, bone9999, BSD200, cobra-069, dan27111978, DemonBlade, Denur, Energizerrr, Fender_st, fifomaniak, Firehuntah, FishyJuice, G.T.Ace, genuino, Geo_x, hardvibes, iCyCo, jph2001, Karooo, kartman21, LancerEvo7, LegendZenify, MadduckUK, magawolaz, marc_hrt40, markux15, Mazziko, mitchybenny, MockngBrd, Mush_nz, Muzz_55, PBorges9, PeTXi, PPaulino, RacingPanda, Raitziger, Rawel, Rob-F1-Fan, roushfenway1fan, rrw, ryan_custard13, shoebox, sinner, sngd, Tesla, THEPUNISHER, Timppaq, vandaliser, xxDingerxx

^^^^^WOW! I'm hoping we get some details or info soon on what will be featured in this update, and maybe perhaps what some of the DLC will be...

I'm not getting my hopes up. I like to set my expectations low, then if it turns out it's something extra-awesome, then all the better! but if it turns out it's something not as major, then I won't be as disappointed...

Anyway, if anyone digs up any further info on this news, I'm sure I don't have to tell you, but post it here first!!!

lol, they announced DLC right after this thread was created :lol:
What would you pay for one DLC track?

Anyway, I'd like to have all the tracks missing from GT4/GTPSP and some new Premium cars. Or just upgrading the most used standard to Premium. I hope they will release some other information about Spec II and/or DLC before the end of october :D

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 205 (57 members and 148 guests)

Mcjoz88, Abraxas, ageha, Amon, ARDA_TIRMAS, Ariesps, bboris77, bone9999, BSD200, cobra-069, dan27111978, DemonBlade, Denur, Energizerrr, Fender_st, fifomaniak, Firehuntah, FishyJuice, G.T.Ace, genuino, Geo_x, hardvibes, iCyCo, jph2001, Karooo, kartman21, LancerEvo7, LegendZenify, MadduckUK, magawolaz, marc_hrt40, markux15, Mazziko, mitchybenny, MockngBrd, Mush_nz, Muzz_55, PBorges9, PeTXi, PPaulino, RacingPanda, Raitziger, Rawel, Rob-F1-Fan, roushfenway1fan, rrw, ryan_custard13, shoebox, sinner, sngd, Tesla, THEPUNISHER, Timppaq, vandaliser, xxDingerxx

Its 209 now.

--------------------------------------------

I think we'll get exactly what we would get if GT5 was launched a year later.

Yyyyeeeeaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping for those classic GT tracks spotted so long ago on the website for "spec 2.0" and premium cars for the DLC... Unfortunately, this will be me for the next month...

[YouTube]v=UnPZRRT-ZGw[/YouTube]

Ps. Who says you can't embed YouTube vids from the iPod app ;)

You can't, the video is not showing. :(

There's too much going on in October!

I'm gonna be deep in F1 2011, Forza 4 and vanilla GT5.

Then I'm gonna get BF3 and now GT5 2.0?!

Wtf then Skyrim in a few weeks after that?!

ARE YOU A WIZARD

What a great time to be a video game player.

Snapshot:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 209 (66 members and 143 guests)
Wardez, Abraxas, Amateur1, Amon, Ariesps, bboris77, BeerBro, bone9999, Bram Turismo, breakbeatfreak, BSD200, cobra-069, CyKosis1973, dan27111978, DemonBlade, Denur, Emet_PL, Fender_st, fifomaniak, Firehuntah, FishyJuice, G.T.Ace, genuino, Geo_x, hardvibes, ID010100110101, J-KiLLA24, JesseDeya, jph2001, Karooo, kartman21, LancerEvo7, LegendZenify, Lion-Face, Loeb80, MadduckUK, markux15, Mazziko, Mcjoz88, mitchybenny, Mush_nz, Muzz_55, noisiaturismo, Nokkien, opelman, PBorges9, PeTXi, Polo35000, PPaulino, Pretoria, RacingPanda, Raitziger, Rawel, Rob-F1-Fan, roushfenway1fan, rrw, ryan_custard13, shoebox, silicon1138, sngd, Tesla, THEPUNISHER, Timppaq, vandaliser, xxDingerxx

Very good news.. I don't like the continual 'updating' thing with GT, I'd rather it was just better out the gate, but beggars can't be choosers, and I'm glad they are reacting to FM4 timing wise to keep the pressure on..

Awesome news imo. PD have been constantly updating the game fixing bugs & giving us seasonal challenges.

In regards to what I would like to see in the Spec 2.0 & DLC, I am hoping for additional Tracks & Cars, which add another tier to the A & B Spec sections. Also hope they add alot more Race Modable cars . Mid race enduro saves would be cool as well.

The other thing I would like to see though is the Fast forward ability during replays so if something cool happens 25 mins into a race, u dont have to wait 25mins..

Haters simply gonna hate
rox.gif

Oh yeah, and I was seriously thinking of purchasing an Xbox 360 and Forza 3 and 4 when it comes out, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I'll wait til this update comes out then see how Forza 4 is and what the reviews say. I mean, I still play GT5 all the time, but I played Forza 3 on my brother's xbox, and I really liked all the customization options and things you can do with your cars, custom paint jobs and decals/liveries, engine swaps, more rim choices, etc.

I'm hoping maybe this update for GT5 will bring along a couple more ways to customize our cars, appearance wise and under the hood(engine swaps and the like). Of course I am also hoping for maybe a couple new tracks, or perhaps a couple added features to the Course Creator, such as a way to customize them ourselves, instead of having it randomly generated...

Speculation is speculation though, so we'll see what happens. If anyone finds more info on this, like I said before, post it here first!! All 207 of us will be watching!

I woke up early this morning, having to relieve myself from amazing apple-crisp cake my wife baked me yesterday,
and thinking to myself as I was taking a dump, 'god , just how much money is microsoft paying Kaz to keep quiet all this time!'
Upon reading this news, I can finally confirm that Kaz clearly thought "not enough"

Best Tweet so far since GT5 release.

And just in time to let Forza 4 breathe for a week to read all the proper comments, for I guess I'll hold off until much past GT5 Spec 2.0 to even try FM4 afterall.

Great time to be alive, is all I can say, thanks!

PD , please make option to download Seasonals into resident/installed Hdd.

Yes, if they will be priced something like 5 euro/track.
In general I don't think that 6-7 completely new tracks (+ variations) and about 50 new premium cars (+ variations) should together have to cost more than a Prologue GT game (around 40 euro).

It'll be interesting to see how much these will cost, particularly given I've seen GT5 for AU$20 today (around 15 Euro).

Mechanical damage in career mode, Mechanical damage in career mode, Mechanical damage in career mode, please, please, please.

I can dream can't I?

I might have to change my views of DP depending on what comes.

Third week of October? Otherwise known as BF3 week? A week after Batman: Arkham City? A week before Uncharted 3? Yeah, Good luck with that.

So PS Store updates at Tuesday, right ?? Are we aiming to 18 October or more to the end of the week ?

PS: well it´s a week after that, got to open my eyes :P

Last edited:
Mechanical damage in career mode, Mechanical damage in career mode, Mechanical damage in career mode, please, please, please.

:confused: Thats one of the least things we need!

Cars, cars, tracks, tracks, more cars, more premiums.......thats what we need!

I'll bet some cash that after they release this Spec II patch, and after the DLC is released as well, they'll release a special version of GT5(Greatest Hits or something) for the holidays, that includes all the DLC as well as the Spec II patch and whatnot...

I can dream can't I?

I might have to change my views of DP depending on what comes.

What do you mean with Mechanical damage , you mean transmission failure engine blows up and stuff like that ??

i remember a french magazine reviewed gt5 they said that you can brake the transmission , i searched for the magazine i didnt find , soo i was dreaming or what ?

great news.... cant wait. if they put all previous tracks from GT1-3 then im happy. And a couple of new cars would be nice too

Back