GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
I expect a massive overhaul of the both A/B-Spec modes, new tracks, new vehicles and new functionalities.

This is not an ordinary update, Yamauchi himself said it is "Spec 2.0" update.

It will be glorious.

Temper your expectations my friend.

I'd like Fast forward/Rewind in replay mode, would be useful for WRS. Also like other people have said, older tracks, specifically Citta di Aria and Costa Di Almafi. 👍

Puts GT5 in PS3 and lauches.
Spash Screen.
"Do you want to connect to PSN?"
Select No.
Get to Main Menu
Select No.
Select Career Mode button
Select No.
Get to Career Mode screen
Select No.

ARGH!

:lol:

That is beyond annoying, also when it's doing maintenance it does the same thing.

Am I the only one who made this exact same expression upon hearing this news? :dunce:

success_baby70989908.jpg

Anyways, that was music to my ears. I hope PD will listen to the community more when updating from there on!

I expect a few old tracks to return, and maybe some standards to premium...

Just woke up.
Saw this.
Ran around my room screaming. Please have some new photomode stuff, and more cars.

With some tweaks to the existing Premium models (MX-5, RX-7, Skyline, GT-R, S2000, etc), they could convert at least 1/8 of all Standard cars.

That is sooo true, I actually never understood why they made so many variants of those cars you named, and they had like premium models of it so making those premium should be an easy job, afterall its some bumpers that have to be changed and some rims that have to modeled, me speaking of experience of modeling and that is not a hard task.

I hope they add an option for the garage where you can put cars into self-made sections (i.e. touring cars, LMP's, super GT). This feature will make the garage a lot more tidy and would possibly encourage use of more different cars.

Puts GT5 in PS3 and lauches.
Spash Screen.
Select No.
Get to Main Menu
Select No.
Select Career Mode button
Select No.
Get to Career Mode screen
Select No.

Even funnier when coupled with the "Loading Data" and followed by "Saving Data" on the same splash screen! Exactly what has changed in the 2 seconds of completely inactive playtime that requires re-saving the game?!

One other thing: Renaming the cars! So that way I can tell immediately which of my two 458's are stock etc... right now I have to rely on visuals...

I'm sure he means the already available mechanical damage in free practice and online (along with tyre wear/ fuel consumption which is only available in endurance events) which isn't present in A-spec or the Seasonal Events.

That is what I meant. For me if no other actual game fixes came I'd at least like the option to turn on the damage in career mode just as I can on-line or in free practice.

It's there already, how hard would it be to allow the same options across the board?

Roll on October!!!!!! (It's going to be a long month)

fps_christian
I hope they add an option for the garage where you can put cars into self-made sections (i.e. touring cars, LMP's, super GT). This feature will make the garage a lot more tidy and would possibly encourage use of more different cars.

That would be a much appreciated feature. 👍

Just seen this news, QUALITY!!

lets just hope they can stick to the dates announced.

Hope Spec II has some new tracks and premiums from the previous GT games and maybe the DLC is completely new tracks and premiums cars. either way October isnt very far away!! :D

I know one thing that we can expect for sure, that they have confirmed to be coming in an upcoming patch.

Saving in the middle of the endurance races.

Everything else is just speculation at this point...

I would also love to utilise the six-axis setup for racing, so I can use my DS3 in the same style as a wheel - hard to program in??

One other thing: Renaming the cars! So that way I can tell immediately which of my two 458's are stock etc... right now I have to rely on visuals...

and the fact if one of them isnt stock it will have different weight/power/pp :ouch:

I would also love to utilise the six-axis setup for racing, so I can use my DS3 in the same style as a wheel - hard to program in??

Really?

I tried with Motorstorm before, was crazy hard!

I dont think they could do it accuractely enough to make it worth while

and make the warehouse customizable - have posters, ramps, tools etc.

Heres hoping........

Auto Modellista had a similar feature, skip to 2:25 or thereabouts in this vid

To my knowledge it hasn't been done on any other game, so it'd be a novelty to see in GT5.

In my opinion, upgrading standard cars to premium should be free and included in 'Spec 2.0', paid DLC, as far as cars go, should only be new premium models.

As for tracks, PD would make a LOT of long time GT fans happy by bringing back a few classics, Rome/Rome Night, Grindelwald, SSR11, Red Rock Valley etc. I'm actually intrigued as to what'll be included in Spec 2.0 as a lot of the things I can think of would either be DLC or be included in the regular updates. That is, apart from upgrading standard cars. C'mon, premium Evo V please!

Actually, or maybe improving the online system, adding private customizable lobbies? Maybe some new race mods, or new modifications for all cars? Now my mind's wandering...

I know one thing that we can expect for sure, that they have confirmed to be coming in an upcoming patch.

Saving in the middle of the endurance races.

I am the only one who thinks this will ruin the fun of an endurance race?

Please don't start spitting fire at what I said because I have a life, family and a job too and have yet to complete the 24h but would like to give them a go knowing I have to do the full race distance no matter what, no easy way out.

I am the only one who thinks this will ruin the fun of an endurance race?

Please don't start spitting fire at what I said because I have a life, family and a job too and have yet to complete the 24h but would like to give them a go knowing I have to do the full race distance no matter what, no easy way out.

You do realize that, in real life 24 hours events, a car is driven by more than one driver, right ? Forcing us, the players, to do the whole thing straight, without saving (or even with it... something I do want) is not that realistic anyways.
GT5 should have integrated A/B specs, like GT4 has. Makes 24 hours events more realistic in the respect that a single driver doesn't race the entire event by him/her self.

Actually that would be a very cool feature in my opinion, adding your own 'tuner name' to a car (perhaps only becoming possible when it's tuned) but I think license issues would prevent it from happening perhaps.
Which, given the possibilities of 'misuse', is understandable I guess.
'Enzo Ferrari eats.....'

Yeah, true, but some of mine are not fully tuned... they may be 50 bhp more, but changed in terms of suspension etc

I'm running a championship, and I have various cars for it. I just use different colors. For instance, my "Race car" is green, while my "Test car" with which I try little things on the set-up side, is matte black. Not a big system, but it works.

You do realize that, in real life 24 hours events, a car is driven by more than one driver, right ? Forcing us, the players, to do the whole thing straight, without (or even with saving... something I do want) is not that realistic anyways.
GT5 should have integrated A/B specs, like GT4 has. Makes 24 hours events more realistic in the respect that a single driver doesn't race the entire event by him/her self.

+ we want saves to reduce the chance of a YLOD....

Nice Selena Gomez icon :P

Last edited:
The update is good news. But the DLC, I won’t pay a cent for it! I would like people to explain me why they like DLCs so much… people criticizing PD for not releasing a DLC? God, they kept releasing FREE updates! Do you guys love to waste money? The updates should be free. I already paid a lot for the game. But congratulations people, you got yourselves a DLC.

I just hope the DLC is not a new track, because then it would not be available online, or would it?

And yes, I would love to have new cars, premiums and tracks, but free. If it's to pay for it, better if it did not exist.

Back