GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
Well, I'm quite excited for this. But I can already see the disappointment brewing, the heartbreak hanging by a single brittle tendon, the backlash is already marching over the horizon because pet feature #73 won't make it into the update (again).

I'll try to be happy for what does appear, and not lament too much the absence of those things that I wish for most in the game. Remember, we're all responsible for our own expectations. 👍

(I'm also not best pleased with the timing, but hey ho - updates!)

It's best Kaz borrows Stigs racing suit he used while racing tanks in the military, incase this info is not 100% accurate:

1003130741451487.jpg

Exciting news but we shouldn't get our hopes up so much...
Also, I find it weird that we don't have some screenshots or some tiny bits of info about this DLC. I mean we don't even have a single clue about what it's gonna bring to GT5.

I seriously DO hope that they finally made ALL the car models premium! And the the FIAA races, F1 races all the features thay left out to be added..
They had like a whole freakin year to do it, so they better come up with some good update, free not free I dont give a damn I pay for it.
DLC I do hope for quite more customization, and offset option, tracks and cars!

That will be a long wait lol

Fido, Spec 2.0 is like a new game I suppouse, and I think he dont show it anymore because of the fail he had with the release of GT5, what means now he can slowly work on the masterpice withouth everyone going crazy and pusing him, and your hopes wont be crushed if something that was in the shots did not released afterall.. so now you will be happy with all the new things that will come, atleast I will

considering for gt5p spec II bought a plethora of new things, Including 34 new cars. including a F1 car then later on gt5p was graced with 3 new cars, evora,california,GT citroen.

so given that actual track reccord, GT5 spec II sounds promising.

and not just a silly update, An actual Spec II of granturismo 5.

i hope the announced DLCs are only Stuff Like Suites, Helmets, Paints and whatever..
DLC Tracks and Cars would ruin the game a bit..

My biggest bet thou, is the Pikes Peak Hill Climb challenge.

What do you mean with Mechanical damage , you mean transmission failure engine blows up and stuff like that ??

I'm sure he means the already available mechanical damage in free practice and online (along with tyre wear/ fuel consumption which is only available in endurance events) which isn't present in A-spec or the Seasonal Events.
Speaking of endurance events, guess what I'm hoping they'll finally implement...

Along with more Premium cars and tracks ofcourse, maybe those'll be DLC and Spec 2.0 makes it possible to download them.
Perhaps there are new dealerships or cars in existing dealerships added but they remain locked until you pay for DLC....

I'd preferred they'd offer free Premium cars/tracks (and maybe they will) and offer relatively trivial stuff as DLC instead (I loved the fact they added more racing suits/helmets but I don't really see the need for the hundreds of different gear we currently got, a basic selection like Tourist Trophy was all I asked for...ah well).
Although that probably won't ensure the same revenue as cars and tracks will.

Looking forward to it, keep me going strong until Skyrim, then Skyrim will give me a break before getting back into GT5 spec II and DLC again during the holidays :D

Every GT5 players dream...

They might add the option of driving without racing suits. T-shirts and other casual wear to be added. You heard it here first :sly:.

Inflatable gimp suits please. Google if you haven't seen that picture already. Grab a can of oxygen in case you can't breath from laughing lol....

Well damn, we had El Capitan and some other old tracks in previews before GT5 came out so I'm at least hoping those come out.

If we just get track-packs full of standard tracks from previous games I'd be happy for a while. They wouldn't really have to make whole new ones.

I'd love me some classic city tracks and the forgone real world tracks. Infineon and Motegi. Also, Suzuka West would be nice... maybe a few more configurations of tracks we already have would make sense as well.

If they something like that... fix the draft, add more RMs, a couple premium conversions, do some online optimization and add a better replay system I'd be a very happy boy.

Not asking for too much I don't think.

On to next month 👍

I just hope they're going to remove the stupid dialog boxes, I no longer wish to acknowledge that I've received no experience points after each and every race. I mean, what were they thinking? Or maybe open the game up to level 4x? Take the credit cap away while you're at it? Now that isn't expected too much, or is it? Then again, any update is better than no update! What on earth was I thinking? I take that back, there've been a few updates I wished we never had. :lol:

Yey!!! And I was just about to start playing GT5 again since I just bought a Fanatec GT3 RS v2 with Clubsport pedals! I wonder how long until information on the 2.0 update and DLC contents leaks. So this means we can expect new game features and fixes with Spec 2 and then later new cars and/or tracks with the DLC!

The sad side of the story is that GT5 will loose players when Forza 4 comes out, gain some back when GT5 Spec 2 and DLC come out and then some people will realise that's it for GT5 and Forza 4 will have new DLC every month for a while. Let's hope PD makes the Spec 2 and DLC extremely good!

I just hope they're going to remove the stupid dialog boxes, I no longer wish to acknowledge that I've received no experience points after each and every race. I mean, what were they thinking? Or maybe open the game up to level 4x? Take the credit cap away while you're at it? Now that isn't expected too much, or is it? Then again, any update is better than no update! What on earth was I thinking? I take that back, there've been a few updates I wished we never had. :lol:

Puts GT5 in PS3 and lauches.
Spash Screen.
"Do you want to connect to PSN?"
Select No.
Get to Main Menu
Select No.
Select Career Mode button
Select No.
Get to Career Mode screen
Select No.

ARGH!

:lol:

not from the point that i dont want any new tracks or cars.. but if there are new tracks and cars, everybody should own them..

its horrible in forza3.. i try to organize time trials with some mates and since not everybody owns the dlc cars we stick to the orignal cars and tracks..

Yyyyeeeeaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping for those classic GT tracks spotted so long ago on the website for "spec 2.0" and premium cars for the DLC... Unfortunately, this will be me for the next month...

[YouTube]UnPZRRT-ZGw[/YouTube]

Ps. Who says you can't embed YouTube vids from the iPod app ;)

Obviously you cant as it didnt work :lol:

Even funnier as the embedding has been disabled :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Yes! We'll be getting the ability to Paint our faces,change the texture of headlights, and adopt a highway on the side of the Nurburgring to grow our own grass!

Hey at least with the AI, we can finally know what it feels like to be Sebastian Vettel.

I'm almost as excited as I was the day GT5 actually released. This is excellent news. :D

Flame proof undercrackers for my drivers please. that is all :P

Seriously though, I agree with one or two of the posts elsewhere in this thread, that if DLC is coming a week later, then don't expect too much in the 2.0 update.....

Perhaps v2.00 will put everything in place for the DLC (you go to the Dealership and any new cars are under a blanket sorta thing - until you purchase them through the Store)

What would be cool is to completely irradicate the glitching in the game for money, and you use your ingame money to purchase new cars/new wheels/livery kits etc etc etc

I would love a huge warehouse to walk into, and have all my cars lined up in the order that I want, and make the warehouse customizable - have posters, ramps, tools etc. invite friends over, and head to room owners default choice of track where the warehouse is located (nurburg, le sarthe etc)

Heres hoping........