GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
AWESOME!

I have to say that I'm not very excited at the perspective of potentially having to pay for new tracks.

I don't mind paying for extra tracks or cars. I paid for the game as it was at the time and it was money well spend. The updates are fixes that were supposed to be fixed with the release and we get some little extra's for free along the way.

DLC is extra content which also costed money to program. I rather have DLC I can choose to pay for than not even having this option at all.

I think it's great PD didn't rush off to focus entirely on creating GT6 and neglect GT5.

Finally, neckerchiefs for my Bobs! :)

I don't know what to wish for. More of everything I suppose. I hope I'm not disappointed but I have been in the past.

Would you rather face the prospect of no new tracks at all, then? ;)
Yes, if they will be priced something like 5 euro/track.
In general I don't think that 6-7 completely new tracks (+ variations) and about 50 new premium cars (+ variations) should together have to cost more than a Prologue GT game (around 40 euro).

amar212
I expect a massive overhaul of the both A/B-Spec modes, new tracks, new vehicles and new functionalities.

This is not an ordinary update, Yamauchi himself said it is "Spec 2.0" update.

It will be glorious.
Hoping for better and more accurate physics/tuning/car settings/telemetry/realism settings as well.

@ Vandaliser I remember that video and it was fantastic!

Hopefully we get new circuits, Spa Francorchamps is a must, and of course new cars with some updated to premium.

What I would love more than anything is the Audi R18 TDI, Peugeot 908 2011, Aston Martin DBR9 GT1, Maserati MC12 and premium updates for the Bugatti Veyron and Toyota GT-one.

What I cannot possibly imagine getting as some people wish for is a livery editor as that is a massive feature and requires significant reworking of parts of the game. We could get new themes for the track generator.

Last edited:
I'm coming guy's

female-orgasm1.jpg

I'd need/hope/wish for:
-leaderboards
-public matchmaking with different pp categories / car groups etc. (like in gt5p, this additionally to everything that is already possible)
-more options generally, but especially for the private lobbies (track maker, wink wink)
-replay info (tuning, parts, settings, aids, etc.)
-tracks for the DLC (real world preferred)

Think it's great news, and can't wait to see what they have in store. Since GT5p Spec II & III were great updates, hopefully we can expect a similar level of improvement!

I'm not going to get into individual things, but we all know there are plenty of features we'd love to see, so fingers crossed that the most important ones make it!

Did a quick check on what was changed when GT5 Prologue went from Spec I to Spec II:

Source

New features in the european version aka GT 5 spec II (Released 03-26-2008)
Additional Cars
- 34 Additional (including a Ferrari F1 2007) Cars have been added, for a total of 71 cars

Additional Racetrack
- "High Speed Ring (normal/reverse)" has been added, for a total of 6 tracks, 12 layouts.

Additional Mode
- Drift Trial
- 2 Player Battle

New Features
- Performance Points
- Quick Tune
- Real Time Adjustment (RA) feature (Compatible with Driving Force GT)

Event
- All event content have been updated.
- Number of events per class raised from 8 to a total of 10 each.
- Improvements have been made to the user interface

Driving Options
- "AI Level" added
- No. of Laps added
- "Driving line" added
- "Active Brakes" deleted
- "Active Steering" moved from Option (Can be adjusted in 3 levels, effective for wireless control pad as well).

Option
- Added No. of laps setting for "Arcade / 2 P" (Infinite/2-00)
- Added "Units" (Distance, Power, Torque)
- Added "Demo" (Auto demo start interval, demo duration, demo content settings)
- Added real time adjustment feature related items in "Change Button Assignments"
- Added "Temperature" display settings under "Network"
- Added "Delete Course Records"(offline) under "Utilities"

- Added Free Run (practice run mode) in race events
- Changed so that the host is not always in the 1st place grid position in online race events

Other
- Garage selection added to Event and Online
- 4 stages including Kyoto added to the My Page background
- Measures taken against taking shortcuts in various tracks
- Improved penalty judgment
- Upper limit of credits raised to Cr.20,000,000
- Compatibility with the Driving Force GT steering wheel planned for release by Logicool®
- Improved controllability using the wireless controller pad
- Updated Manual
- Tyre selection in Arcade fixed to S2

Quite a few differences, so that's hoping for a lot of changes in GT5 Spec 2.0. 👍

I dont believe this man when it comes to announcing dates Lol
Can't wait though :) GT5 was starting to collect dust especially now F1 2011 is out

I think we'll be getting what they had planned for GT5 at it's original launch before PD, I believe, were forced into releasing before they felt they were finished.

What that was, who knows? Exciting stuff although I'm going to try not get my hopes up too much!

if pd wants to know what gt fans need , i think pd should enter gtplanet

P.S :
THEPUNISHER, 250 GTO, Aderrrm, ageha, ARDA_TIRMAS, Ariesps, DaLaLLeR, DEATHSARTHE, DemonBlade, DerBrandy, DGM_73, didleslie, gottarun, gtyhde, iCyCo, Kalaspuffar, kartman21, keldabest13, Keshian, kios, Krizzay, LeoSR, MadduckUK, marc_hrt40, MockngBrd, mokalovesoulmat, Mr P510, Mush_nz, Muzz_55, NABeast, Onboy123, opelman, PaMu1337, Polo35000, Rob-F1-Fan, Rotary Junkie, roushfenway1fan, saidur_ali, silicon1138, sinner, sngd, SparkTR, Stormtrooper217, TheFlyingKiwi, three60, Timppaq, TommyWizard, vandaliser, vasho, VTiRoj, Zentex, ZoidFile

wow

I completely forgot about AI so an improvement to that will be great for seasonal events. Instead of overtaking all cars in X amount of laps, we could hopefully get to the stage of getting to race AI cars for victory. AI levels would be good. Force feedback adjustment would be great while in-race too like Codemaster games.

3rd week of October hopefully means the week starting on the 10th.

Do we even know what's in this "Spec 2.0"? By now they should have announced the content :ouch:

Guys, try not to put your hopes too high. Remember what was going on last year? ;)

I hope for:
- some new premiums (aventador please) and some updated to premium cars
- endurance saves
- some tracks from GT4, and 1 or 2 new tracks
- "new" photo travel locations (I'm talking about those which are in game but we can't make photos there)
- wheel option for standards (popably not going to happen)
- garage icon in practice mode
- better AI
- moooore, harder events

Do we even know what's in this "Spec 2.0"? By now they should have announced the content :ouch:
Spec 2.0 is a free update. Kaz only announced it on twitter so changes might be listed soon on the website with notice for maintenance. DLC content maybe announced on release of Spec 2.0 or just before.

Something to look forward to...

However, bit concerned about DLC coming a week after Spec II's release. Especially if DLC involves some tracks. Like most people, I would like new events to be added to A-Spec but with DLC tracks coming one week after Spec II, then that surely means the new tracks won't be integrated into any new events.

So I don't know what this means. Is it that the DLC involves cars only?. New tracks are actually part of Spec II update? (or no new tracks at all). If tracks are DLC, will they only be available online and in practice sessions?.

Arh, need more info.......

I'm ready to pay for DLC, but I hope that perhaps something could be free.
And, whoa. Almost 200 people watching this thread. :eek:

Back