GT5 Steering Adjustability (Must read for all wheel and future owners)

• Thread starter G12
  • 136 comments
Jav
That's awesome! I remember a while back another user and F1 fan called Peter.(pj-gm on psn) talking about this and how the CS tires made the car much more realistic and a much more enjoiable car to drive.

That's definitely worth looking into!

Don't look good? Really? The G27 is probably the best wheel out there simply because of the infinite ammount of aftermarket support out there! For the same ammount you'd spend on a T500 or CSE you can get one similar to this:

Yeah give those formulas a try with comfort soft, not a single person could contend on racing softs last night against my comfort softs, really quite funny, and its a whole new car to me, so much feedback on what is happening. I ran 3-1 on the brakes with no abs.

Thanks for posting that video, I was going to look for some hot rod g27's but got sidetracked, that is exactly what I was talking about with aftermarket having all the stuff to hot rod or mod a g27

Yeah give those formulas a try with comfort soft, not a single person could contend on racing softs last night against my comfort softs, really quite funny, and its a whole new car to me, so much feedback on what is happening. I ran 3-1 on the brakes with no abs.

Thanks for posting that video, I was going to look for some hot rod g27's but got sidetracked, that is exactly what I was talking about with aftermarket having all the stuff to hot rod or mod a g27

Oh yeah! If I didn't have my Clubsports I would definitely buy a G27 now that my Carrera is dying, seriously thinking of just going for it and finally put GT5 away for good. Rght now between that and the CSR wheel...

The ARC mod sounds awesome, but really for that kind of money I'd definitely go for the TS500 or CSR-E wich can also be modded in the future.
Check this one out!:

G12
Im not planning on g27 because I dont like wheels that dont look good and surely the higher price ones can give better features.
Then why did you ever buy an ugly ass T500 in the first place?

BWX

A kid fixated on a toy? Wanting to be "the cool kid with the expensive toy"? who knows! Definitely a bad and uneducated purchase on his part.

BWX
i had the f150 replica official f1 style wheel and that looks fine , has plastic just like almost any wheel. The stock wheel of t500rs sizes like a nascar wheel. The 2 G27 f1 mod doesn't have all features supported in GT5 like Sli pro. If slipro ever gets supported ill buy 1 and place it on the wheel's motor with f1 style wheel.

G27 and G25 look cool, not 'ugly' by a long shot. They aren't as powerful as the t500, but look better IMO. I just don't get why you'd buy a t500, but then won't get a G27 ''because it's ugly''. That makes no sense. But whatever, if you want a good wheel for GT5, get a G27, the 'contrller sensitivity' setting DOES WORK, and you can get a Nixim mod for the pedals, or even a REAL LOAD CELL mod for the brake pedal for about $80. I have my preorder sent in to try out that loadcell mod when he gets it in, but the Nixim mod ver. 2 works great in GT5.

Inexpensive load cell mod for G25/G27 brake pedal-
http://www.apelectrix.com/

AP Electrix Load Cell Mod for the Logitech G27 Pedals, Installation and Review by simracingtonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=YNTLggI2leo

Nixim mod
http://www.nixim.com/index.php?pageid=brakemod

The Nixim mod maked the brake pedal feel so much more like a real car it's amazing. People who have used load cells say the Nixim mod feels almost as good. I can tell you it transforms the driving experience in GT5 and would rather use a G25 pedal set with Nixim mod over any non load cell brake pedals on the planet. It's that good.

Truthfully, if you purchase a $500+ dollar steering wheel for GT5 and GT5 alone, then you're missing out on it's full potential. You should try some PC simulators, if you're into the hardcore simulation stuff. As I've said before, PC sims allow you to fully customize the wheel and how it works in the game, so that's another problem solved.

I don't understand why you won't buy wheels that are "ugly," even though they are technically superior to many other wheels. :confused:

Truthfully, if you purchase a $500+ dollar steering wheel for GT5 and GT5 alone, then you're missing out on it's full potential. You should try some PC simulators, if you're into the hardcore simulation stuff. As I've said before, PC sims allow you to fully customize the wheel and how it works in the game, so that's another problem solved.

I don't understand why you won't buy wheels that are "ugly," even though they are technically superior to many other wheels. :confused:

Definitely agreed, GT5 while beign real fun and overall good game is way too flawed and limited to bring out the full potential of a wheel like this. In other words, T500 as a GT5 only wheel = overkill. Nothing wrong with that, but don't blame the wheel for the games flaws and shortcomings!

T500rs is gt5 official wheel , im not expecting full potential but im expecting it to work correctly. Why 800$? because that's my budget. Anyway I returned it for now , im going to wait for CSW formula wheel or if ever the t500rs gets the steering fixed on F1 then ill buy either but eitherway im not buying g27.

G12
T500rs is gt5 official wheel , im not expecting full potential but im expecting it to work correctly. Why 800$? because that's my budget. Anyway I returned it for now , im going to wait for CSW formula wheel or if ever the t500rs gets the steering fixed on F1 then ill buy either but eitherway im not buying g27.

You could have bought F1 Wheel attachment!

G12

For the first time ever I agree with you R, the situatuion really sucks! But are you really going o stick with a Dpad? I mean there's so much you can do to a G27 that in fact is compatible with the PS3. Check out DEREk Speare's products, all the mini plates work trough the OEM connections in the G27 wich keeps everything GT5 compatible and gives you that awesome racecar feel and look! I'm pretty sure you can contact him and work on a custom wheel/plate combo that will 100% work for you!

G12
.... but eitherway im not buying g27.

💡 Even temporarily until you can get better wheel? 💡 You could then sell G27 as ''slightly used'' for almost as much as you paid for it. 💡

It has it's problems, but it also has a lot of positives, especially the ONE THING you're complaining about the most in this thread.. :grumpy:

GT5 compensates fow wheel rotation with G25/G27, PLUS the controller sensitivity DOES WORK with G25/G27 (👍 👍 I TESTED IT 👍 👍 ) **so you could get around corners and CATCH SLIDES in your F1 car WITHOUT crossing hands with the G27 which seems to be your biggest problem! 💡

Oh well, your loss. Have fun with your DS3!! :dunce::scared::crazy::ouch::yuck:

BWX
Just get a G27 with Nixim mod ver.II for brake pedal.. then sell it when you get CSRe. For GT5, G25/27 works perfect..

AND, I tried that ''controller sensitivity'' with my G25. It's like a new game again. I love that adjustability, it does work, and works well.

I like +3 to +4 in regular cars, definitely +3 or lower for LM cars, etc., sinse GT5 already compensates, it seems like the quicker the rack in the car should be, the lower I set that setting. It makes a huge difference in the feel of the car and how you catch a slide, etc. I can even tell the difference in the Force Feedback.

I wish I would have tested that out sooner. 100% working though fo sho.

BWX
💡 Even temporarily until you can get better wheel? 💡 You could then sell G27 as ''slightly used'' for almost as much as you paid for it. 💡

It has it's problems, but it also has a lot of positives, especially the ONE THING you're complaining about the most in this thread.. :grumpy:

GT5 compensates fow wheel rotation with G25/G27, PLUS the controller sensitivity DOES WORK with G25/G27 (👍 👍 I TESTED IT 👍 👍 ) **so you could get around corners and CATCH SLIDES in your F1 car WITHOUT crossing hands with the G27 which seems to be your biggest problem! 💡

Oh well, your loss. Have fun with your DS3!! :dunce::scared::crazy::ouch::yuck:

Glad that controller sensitivity helped you out, I use it every time I am driving depending on what I'm driving.

G12

It's typical for inexperienced drivers with severe egos to blame the equipment when they perform poorly in a race... in this case, its a steering wheel in a video game...

FFB Wheels wont always make you a better driver, nor will any particular brand of wheel hinder a good driver.

Last edited:
Back