[GT5 @TGS '10] (See Post 1): Demo Videos, Trailers, Car/Track Pics, Interviews, News.

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 3,302 comments
As far as I know work on GT6 hasn't begun. Kaz just said some things were cut and will be in GT6. But those elements have technically been worked on.

I'm sure elements we are going to see in GT5 will be in GT6. I could see the premium cars being carried over to GT6, and improved a bit, just as the standard cars will be in GT5. So in reality, the artwork for GT6 has already started.

1D is a point.

Wrong. I would love to see a point with no height. Even a microscopic amount of it. We represent 1D with a line so that we can see it conceptually, but it does not physically exist anywhere in the known universe.

Wrong. I would love to see a point with no height. Even a microscopic amount of it. We represent 1D with a line so that we can see it conceptually, but it does not physically exist anywhere in the known universe.

YAWWWWWWN!

Can someone let me know when this thread gets back on topic!

👎

Oh wait... nothing new coming out of TGS is there. My mistake.... troll away people, troll away

YAWWWWWWN!

Can someone let me know when this thread gets back on topic!

👎

Oh wait... nothing new coming out of TGS is there. My mistake.... troll away people, troll away

👎 For this post. Off topic post to point out a post is off topic. Sort of ironic isn't it. Glad to know that a discussion is the equivalent to trolling, I always thought it was starting a fight for no reason.

Sorry I forget it.1D is a line, so I think 0D is a point... ;)

I'm sure elements we are going to see in GT5 will be in GT6. I could see the premium cars being carried over to GT6, and improved a bit, just as the standard cars will be in GT5. So in reality, the artwork for GT6 has already started.

Continuing from before: I think the PS3 premium cars, (no matter how many GT titles we see on the PS3), will be carried over and they'll be what we see in the next gen (PS4) of GT games. Obviously, they'll tweak the lighting like you said, but they look so good right now that it would be nonsensical to keep recreating the cars on each new platform. Just give them a facelift and move on to other cars.

So, if a car model is not premium during the PS3 era, then it'll simply be re-done (if an older model from an older GT title) on the PS4. If the car is a new model like a 2014 Ferrari F550, then obviously it'll be made anew.

As far as PS3 standard cars go; I think we'll still see them on GT6 if it's on the PS3. As far as the next gen, (PS4), I can imagine the idea of standard being dropped either because they finished all of the remaining cars that were not premium or they will have let some cars go that are outdated.

Last edited:
Yeah, PS3 premiums are at a rediculous detail level than won't need to be exceeded for a long while. I'm even happy with Prologues level of detail.

Last edited:
Totally agree the level of detail is certainly good enough for next gen and i'd say that what we do see now in game is not the final quality of the modeling they likely have been doing.

All premiums are of a level that they feel a PS3 can handle, but as far as pure modeling I assume they've made them above current capabilities thus future proofing them.

The only visible tessalated edges on the current premiums are when you look real close or have a shot tight in on a car. By the time a new console iteration comes out they'd be able to just easily add more subdivisions and smoothing attributes to all but make the quality that much more real.

At any rate I think the quality of the premiums now is pretty darn good and in actual play condiitons looks real enough, to me the realism of look can sometimes rely more heavily on the lighting, shadows and textures plus general atmosphere fx more so than polygon count.

Am hoping they are able to convert at least up to 90% of the total standards for GT6 if not more. :)

Yup, I love the idea of the so called future-proof premium models, and I honestly think that this future-proofness :lol: is due to the laser scanning techniques, which could in theory, recreate a 1:1 model of the real car. Of course, the PS3 version would be downscaled and simplified, but as long as PD has the original files, we could eventually have a continuously growing car library, even in the next gen consoles.

And to be honest, GT6 is going to run on the PS3, Kaz himself told us that GT6 will "run on the GT5 operational system".

Simple math: GT6 = GT5 + Even more content.

Even numbered GTs are where all the content comes in, if you ignore the standard cars, GT5 is a normal, odd numbered, Gran Turismo.... but with more content than the other odd numbered entries.

GT5 is a good platform and I expect GT6 will go NUTS with the "premium" cars.

GT6 will probably have all interiors modeled to atleast the quality of GT5 premiums. Due to the number of cars, the interiors in "standard" GT6 cars, if standard and premium will exist, may be to the level of premium cars in GT5. Noone knows what the next gen Playstation can do. It will be very interesting to see what it's capable of. I'm sure it will have a more powerful processing unit. I'd love to see 30+ cars on the track in GT6.

Is it possible to get the TGS trailer, like the 2 minute one, in 1080p?
Or in fact any video since E3 in 1080p actually.

Some of them in 1080p - but only quicktime ones.You can change the container to mp4 and that's it!Gamersyde also provides 1080p versions but only E3 trailers.

Some of them in 1080p - but only quicktime ones.You can change the container to mp4 and that's it!Gamersyde also provides 1080p versions but only E3 trailers.

So is that the TGS long trailer or the other one.
I already have the Weather trailer.

You might want to also add,

ARTA NSX '08
Epson NSX '08
Cusco Subaru Advan Impreza '08

All from the Red Bull Trailer.

Or even better:)

I remember when I thought that the cars in GT5 will look like the cars in GT4 photo mode, I'm glad that I was wrong

This reminds me.. we didn't see anything about Standard cars at TGS. again.
I hope PD aren't embarrassed about them. :indiff:

Latest Posts

Back