[GT5 @TGS '10] (See Post 1): Demo Videos, Trailers, Car/Track Pics, Interviews, News.

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 3,302 comments
yeah, not sure if anyone has really answerd the question on the jaggied shadow issue. Anyone know if this will be fixed in teh final game? Ive seen some cars with it and some cars that dont have jagged shadows.

I think it's just a product of the car models or track models not being finalized, much like the GT Academy Demo with the 370z at Indy, the shadows were jagged then, but now they're smooth.

From,
Chris.

Below link has the video conference from TGS.
Quality isnt that great but at least its their.

Also see the 3D movie (8:14) It shows a glimpse GT5's what I assume must be the 3D Photomode.
Not seen this before myself.

Link

The rally cars, white ones all 3 of them, look weak but the video itself is of low resolutions so that's probably the reason.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Why should he? Its the engine that makes the cars look good, the LOD is down but that doesn't mean their is going to be anti-aliasing issues on any of the cars. They probably use all the same improvements as the premium cars such as normal mapping, soft shadows, self shadowing since it is the same engine.

On the subject of the rally cars.
Does anyone know if the rally physics have been completely reworked? In GT4 it was next to impossible to win a race on dirt or snow.

On the subject of the rally cars.
Does anyone know if the rally physics have been completely reworked? In GT4 it was next to impossible to win a race on dirt or snow.

I played the GT5 2010 demo today at GS. And the rally was difficult as expected. However, the AI driver wasn't too aggresive. He chilled behind for most of the race.

Night racing was insane. So hard to see.

I played the GT5 2010 demo today at GS. And the rally was difficult as expected. However, the AI driver wasn't too aggresive. He chilled behind for most of the race.

Just what the 141,295 members of GTPlanet wanted.

Hope they didn't forget the Moon in the retail copy, cause De La Sarthe was pitch black @ TGS and didn't have any stars or a moon, might just be a quick mashup build but it really doesn't bother me if it's not there in the end.

I definitely did see stars, but I don't recall seeing a moon.

I only looked up for about 2 seconds, though. So maybe it was behind me.

On a cloudy night, you won't see either, so.....

In the 458 video, the sky is pitch black, so maybe it's just cloudy.

yes maybe, but even if it's cloudy the sky and clouds would still be somewhat illuminated by the moon and the moon peeking through some of the moving clouds you think?

yes maybe, but even if it's cloudy the sky and clouds would still be somewhat illuminated by the moon and the moon peeking through some of the moving clouds you think?

I suppose so, yea. But it's cool that we're talking about this because I really look forward to seeing the night sky in the final version. I think PD make excellent backdrops.

Hopefully the moon does pop out or remain out.

I suppose so, yea. But it's cool that we're talking about this because I really look forward to seeing the night sky in the final version. I think PD make excellent backdrops.

Hopefully the moon does pop out or remain out.

yeah if it doesn't appear in the retail copy no complaints here, just thought it should be pointed out. 41 days to go yippee.:)

In big cities you can't see the stars very well because of the city lights. If you go in the middle of no where or in small cities you can see way more stars. When I go to Europe during summer I go on top of mountain I see so many stars but when I come back to America barely any. So they probably had that in mind when they were making night tracks. They maybe have moon we really can't tell from that trailer.

In big cities you can't see the stars very well because of the city lights. If you go in the middle of no where or in small cities you can see way more stars. When I go to Europe during summer I go on top of mountain I see so many stars but when I come back to America barely any. So they probably had that in mind when they were making night tracks. They maybe have moon we really can't tell from that trailer.

Take a look at the 18 megapixel pictures of De La Sarthe then, and like i said it could be an old build (Hopefully) or other reasons, also that sky is completely pitch black and the track is surrounded by small villages.

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Sarthe2009_001.jpg
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Sarthe2009_008.jpg
http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Sarthe2009_007.jpg

Damn pollution\artificial lights\cloudy skies! *shakes fist*

Earlier, people discussed about the skies of Toscana (not going pitch black), but as I said, it would be nice if it was artistic license. Chamonix\whatever that snow track featured in the trailer is, at night with the aurora borealis gazing upon the track would be really cool. Ace Combat 04: Breaking Arrows levels of cool.

Last edited:
Gosh.. talk about nit picking much. "The spectators look cardboard" "Oh my goodness there's no moon or stars.. ooo lala!" For real.. why does any of that matter? Not like you're going to notice whether or not the spectators look cardboard or not when you're supposed to be concintrating on your driving. As for the stars, yes.. pictured is a cloudy night and it is just a demo but at the end of the day in my opinion I couldn't care less because it's a car racing game and that's why I'm buying the game.. to race cars, not perv on spectators and nit pick about how flat and cardboard the trees and spectators look.

Just my view on it.

Back