[GT5 @TGS '10] (See Post 1): Demo Videos, Trailers, Car/Track Pics, Interviews, News.

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 3,302 comments
I just thought - what about an option to disable 2D crowd? :)

All other things looks very good. :sly:

Hell nah, id rather have 20k 2d spectators and ambience than 200 scattered 3d lone fist pumpers,

and @never one, bro were talking about a HUGE number of 3d models, that have NO effect on gameplay, it makes sense theyre 2D when theres 1000's of them.

Try to see if you can notice it in a tiny 908HDi cockpit at night going 300km+

Breathe.

I would actually disable High Definition in the game if I could, as I don't have a HD TV! I'm pretty sure it could probably manage to render all 16 cars with full rain and damage effects :)

Hell nah, id rather have 20k 2d spectators and ambience than 200 scattered 3d lone fist pumpers,

and @never one, bro were talking about a HUGE number of 3d models, that have NO effect on gameplay, it makes sense theyre 2D when theres 1000's of them.

Try to see if you can notice it in a tiny 908HDi cockpit at night going 300km+

Breathe.

I mean I just don't need them.Even if they were in 3D.It's very last thing for me.My point is - whole game looks superb, only spectators looks bad - for Photomode it's much better to disable it.

Don't you remember GT4, doing JGTC races and NOBODY in the stands? :lol:

You can't say the 24h Nurb dont look immersive with the crowds and campers!

It adds to the experience yes, but it doesn't change anything about the gameplay int hat respect theyre useless, but its nice to see a track on race day filled with "life" as opposed to a track day with no spectators\trucks\tents.

I cant wait to see how they will incorporate this in different circuits.Especially NASCAR. The entire infield is practically filled.

Gosh.. talk about nit picking much. "The spectators look cardboard" "Oh my goodness there's no moon or stars.. ooo lala!" For real.. why does any of that matter? Not like you're going to notice whether or not the spectators look cardboard or not when you're supposed to be concintrating on your driving. As for the stars, yes.. pictured is a cloudy night and it is just a demo but at the end of the day in my opinion I couldn't care less because it's a car racing game and that's why I'm buying the game.. to race cars, not perv on spectators and nit pick about how flat and cardboard the trees and spectators look.

Just my view on it.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll close my eyes when passing the stands during a leisurely drive.

Although I did have fun with GT4's animated rally fans.

Ah, the 2D audience thing never bugged me and i never even noticed it because the sense of speed is so fast that it really does look like a real audience regardless.

The 2D audience is fine with me. 3D spectators would require WAY more resources. Think about it. They can put an entire row of spectators in stands, on one polygon. It's all transparency based. If they were 3D, you'd probably have 200 polys per character or so. 200 for 1...............or 1 for all?

heh, who's looking at the audience when you're flying by at over 100mph? Goofy things to complain about! People always look for something, pessimists.

The 2D audience is fine with me. 3D spectators would require WAY more resources. Think about it. They can put an entire row of spectators in stands, on one polygon. It's all transparency based. If they were 3D, you'd probably have 200 polys per character or so. 200 for 1...............or 1 for all?

I mean completely disable it.Because it looks a bit ugly in replays and especially in photo-mode.

I mean completely disable it.Because it looks a bit ugly in replays and especially in photo-mode.

Well, I can't remember how Photomode works (it's been that long!).. but you could always adjust your aperture until the spectators are too blurred to tell?

What´s next? 3D grass stalk? Real racing fans don´t care about things like 2D trees and 2D crowd WTH this is not Need for speed, where kids love this shiny funky stuff...

Look at GTR2, rfactor and the other PC-Sims, people play it, even if it looks like games from 1999...

-
Many things didn’t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

Wait what??? GT5 isnt even finished after 6 years of development and they are already starting on GT6. :dunce::ouch:

-
Many things didn’t make the cut in Gran Turismo 5, and work on Gran Turismo 6 has already begun.

Wait what??? GT5 isnt even finished after 6 years of development and they are already starting on GT6. :dunce::ouch:

I am thinking more premium car work, livery editor, more tracks that can support weather (as noted in the news).

I truly believe KY will never see the end of his pursuit of perfection, because it just does not exist. And that can be good for us fans, as the games will continue to progress and improve. We'll never be at a stagnant point in the series.

Keep evolving. Keep adapting. Keep adding. Keep improving.

-

Saves people from sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, maybe.

Anyway, they've been working on GT6 since before 1995...
What doesn't make the cut this time, gets pushed back for next time.

I think GT6 will be the first in the GT franchise for the PS4 and will include everything that the current PS3 can't support...or something? lol

It's going to be interesting because the PS3 is supposed to be part of the 10 year cycle, just as the epic PS2 was.

I hope GT6 remains on the PS3, so I don't have to shell out another 500 dollars for a new console, but in my opinion, the GT5/PS3 premiums will simply be carried over to the PS4 instead of having to be recreated. It makes no sense to scrap the cars every generation.

I think Forza will do similar things.

I am thinking more premium car work, livery editor, more tracks that can support weather (as noted in the news).

I truly believe KY will never see the end of his pursuit of perfection, because it just does not exist. And that can be good for us fans, as the games will continue to progress and improve. We'll never be at a stagnant point in the series.

Keep evolving. Keep adapting. Keep adding. Keep improving.

It's going to be interesting because the PS3 is supposed to be part of the 10 year cycle, just as the epic PS2 was.

I hope GT6 remains on the PS3, so I don't have to shell out another 500 dollars for a new console, but in my opinion, the GT5/PS3 premiums will simply be carried over to the PS4 instead of having to be recreated. It makes no sense to scrap the cars every generation.

I think Forza will do similar things.

Dude, so much agree!!! 👍👍👍

You are one of those here, where I really read every post thoroughly.

Last edited:
i dont think thats really 1D, because it does have a height and length:sly:
nvm, i guess that is 1d

Of course it's 2D. We couldn't physically see 1D if we wanted to. That line has width and height. Not much height, but you can see it.

Back