[GT5 @TGS '10] (See Post 1): Demo Videos, Trailers, Car/Track Pics, Interviews, News.

• Thread starter SrRd RacinG
  • 3,302 comments
Instead of being told that Spa will be featured in the game, imagine putting GT5 in your PS3 and then finding it yourself, how cool would that be? But yes more information / videos about standard cars please, I want to see what it looks like to drive one of them.
As much as I wanna know all the details, I completely agree with you on the excitement of the "surprise factor". You wanna know, but at the same time, you don't.

Thats because they want to paint a pretty (but somewhat sneeky) picture of what GT5 will be. Its all a fairytale in the official screenshots and videos and we very rarely see any official stuff about Standard cars yet most of the game will feature them!

I have always predicited a backlash from general gamers when they open the game and wonder why all the cars are not the same ("wheres the cockpit view on this car!" etc.., I'm sure most dont even have a clue that this is an issue.

Robin.

it's not an issue, some...no alot of people make it an issue...

I would like to know:

-More Standard Cars
-All tracks
-a quick sneak peak of weather (if any)
-a sneak peak at night on sarthe for example
-a look at new penalties, tire wear and small stuff

Thats what I am looking for, hoping it will be good I mean it's Kaz's country

Edit:
Matti_Dude
Instead of being told that Spa will be featured in the game, imagine putting GT5 in your PS3 and then finding it yourself, how cool would that be? But yes more information / videos about standard cars please, I want to see what it looks like to drive one of them.

That would be the coolest thing ever, I would go nuts.

Do we really know what to expect from TGS

A full blow out of GT5?

Or

Almost nothing at all?

OR

A moderate amount only mentioning new details but leaving out important things such as car lists and the tracks. Personally I feel as though we won't get a trailer but perhaps the opening sequence. I wouldn't mind this, to see a few new cars here and there with the inclusion of weather but leave all the cars and tracks for us to discover. I'd also like to see the livery rumours cleared up and to what extent we can customize our vehicles such as body kits to performance parts.

In other words I cant wait. :)

Or even better, if in GT mode much like GT4 tracks unlock slowly, and midway through you just get a *bing* Track - Real circuits - Spa.
I would enjoy that.

Things that I want to be shown/seen/announced/confirm for GT5:

- All tracks have day/night Transition
- Weather confirmed, demonstrating rain, snow on a track.
- All tracks announced.
- All 1000+ cars announced, plus announcing unknown car manufacturers that haven't/hasn't been seen in a GT game before.
- Australia/NZ release date (could coincide with the Europe release date).
- Demonstrating/elaborate the Course Maker.
- GT Mode (all features shown at Tokyo Game Show).
- Final Damage Build
- New Gran Turismo 5 Tokyo Game show 2010 trailer, showing damage, various types of cars and tracks etc.
- SURPRISES!!!! :drool::drool::)👍

Getting ridiculous as November approaches :) I am sure you, and others on here will buy GT5 whether or not anything new is revealed between now and then :dopey:

Hey SrRd RacinG, I knew I could rely on you to take up the cause. 👍

One question though.... since when did Latin America turn female? :lol:

**goes to Orbitz to book a flight that's headed south**

Last edited:
Hey SrRd RacinG, I knew I could rely on you to take up the cause. 👍

One question though.... since when did Latin America turn female? :lol:

**goes to Orbitz to book a flight that's headed south**

I must have been thinking in my second language: Spanish (yes, I do speak it.):sly:

Anyways, anything you're specifically hoping to see or learn more about, Señor scope72?

Wohoho :embarrassed:, SrRd Racing, the hype master strikes again. :D

Nice to know someone will be there updating the first post with relevant info and videos ;), nice job SrRd, I just hope some japanese GTP fellas get in touch to provide some on-site impressions, which would be very nice to hear as we're approaching to the final build of the game. Nice job. 👍

Also, there are some features which are quite obvious and will be showcased at TGS: Weather and the JPN release date, other than this, I'm smelling LFA and HSV, but that might be just me.... :rolleyes:

I must have been thinking in my second language: Spanish (yes, I do speak it.):sly:

Anyways, anything you're specifically hoping to see or learn more about, Señor scope72?

Yo hablo poquito Espanol. Pronunciacion bueno, pero vocabulario es mal.

But, I think you have it covered and if you handle this as well as you did during E3... I'll have nothing but respect. 👍

Wohoho :embarrassed:, SrRd Racing, the hype master strikes again. :D

Haha. I love it! I am going to make that my new custom user title. Good work.👍

Nice to know someone will be there updating the first post with relevant info and videos ;), nice job SrRd, I just hope some japanese GTP fellas get in touch to provide some on-site impressions, which would be very nice to hear as we're approaching to the final build of the game. Nice job. 👍

It's funny, though, because I am horribly disorganized in real life. But when it comes to GT5 and news, things MUST be in order. I enjoy the hunt for videos and interviews and images and I this organization leads to an an overall quick reference to anything significant related to GT5. I also hope at least one or two of "us" can make it to the big event.

Also, there are some features which are quite obvious and will be showcased at TGS: Weather and the JPN release date, other than this, I'm smelling LFA and HSV, but that might be just me.... :rolleyes:

In my honest opinion: We will see a weather demo, or at least a trailer that contains weather. I believe the customization details will be revealed. I am not talking about the little bits we saw at Gamescom. That was more like tuning, and less like making a car your own.

Cars we'll see: CR-Z, LF-A, HSV-010 GT and hopefully another new manufacturer.

And I bet we'll see a new Japanese track and hopefully some classics will return (Time Trial, Deep Forest, Apricot Hill, Grand Valley).

Yo hablo poquito Espanol. Pronunciacion bueno, pero vocabulario es mal.

But, I think you have it covered and if you handle this as well as you did during E3... I'll have nothing but respect. 👍

Thanks, bud. It was a hell of an experience trying to keep this place on top of everything that was going on at E3 2010 (from the Sony conference, to the G4TV live demo test), while updating the title and the first post with a countdown, appropriate links, and answers to common questions, etc. Nonetheless, it was fun. Good way to keep the site flowing when the news, videos, interviews hit the floor. The faster the news makes it to the front page of GTP, the better.

Last edited:
Did we got any news from SEMA and T.A.S last year? I got short memory. :lol: If not, I guess theres nothing to look forward to when it comes to news after TGS.

How about someone says that Lambo reventon and Ferrari FXX are in. If not, that 1 point for Forza, as much as I hate to admit it. I'd like the Veyron SS in too.
Well. I know this isn't a wishlist, but a guy can hope right ;)

it's not an issue, some...no alot of people make it an issue...

It is an issue because its mis-selling a product, in official press Sony have neatly brushed aside the fact Standard cars even exsist and seeing as not game on earth would (or has) ever dare implement 80% half baked models to an AAA title the general public wouldnt have as clue until they open the game.

Every other game on the market today has the same level of everything within one game, be that damage, graphics etc... And thats what people expect.

GT seems to be on a podium of its own in some peoples minds, why can it get away with gimped functionality which is somehow 'not an issue'. If another 'lesser' game dared do this people would probably wouldnt buy it.

Robin.

There is a lot of talking about it on the net, DEMO ON PLUS PSN. In reality i do not think they will release a 5gb demo, they have only released prologue and paying for it, why to do a early beta for free?

Guys we should just wait for the release!

Man just 2 more months, but only a couple of weeks till TGS. I'm really wondering what, if anything, could they show us at the last possible minute? We all have our ideas, but are they really going to just drop a bomb and blow us all away? As of now from what I've seen, I'm pretty satisfied with the features and content in GT5, but does PD really have one more big surprise... Can't wait to find out.

Man just 2 more months, but only a couple of weeks till TGS. I'm really wondering what, if anything, could they show us at the last possible minute? We all have our ideas, but are they really going to just drop a bomb and blow us all away? As of now from what I've seen, I'm pretty satisfied with the features and content in GT5, but does PD really have one more big surprise... Can't wait to find out.

Well..PD usually does surprise releases right?
I hope they just have many things under their sleeves that haven't been released yet.

Most likely they will show off the weather effects, and maybe some more day/night transistions for other tracks, and maybe we'll get to see a little standard car action, heres hopin' ;)

A PSN demo would just take away some of the sensation of finally getting the real thing in November. I enjoy Prologue while knowing the best is yet to come.

Back