GT5 Track Editor Thread

• Thread starter Tapey
  • 1,324 comments
I've enjoyed engineering tracks for the last 3 days...got some that resemble GP circuit layouts...and now I've got about 25 tried and tested to death i.e. not just generated and saved :lol:

I'd like to know something though.

Are tracks created in Course Maker actually sensitive to dynamic day/night changes? So far I haven't seen any evidence they are, even though the day/night timer icon is there nothing is happening.

A quick 'Yes' or 'No' would be good and what mode it works in.

I've enjoyed engineering tracks for the last 3 days...got some that resemble GP circuit layouts...and now I've got about 25 tried and tested to death i.e. not just generated and saved :lol:

I'd like to know something though.

Are tracks created in Course Maker actually sensitive to dynamic day/night changes? So far I haven't seen any evidence they are, even though the day/night timer icon is there nothing is happening.

A quick 'Yes' or 'No' would be good and what mode it works in.

They are not changing, as far as I know, but you can have a "by night" track on Toscana.

They are not changing, as far as I know, but you can have a "by night" track on Toscana.
I did a little test and kept the hand-brake on my car looking at a shadow. I left it for about 40 minutes and the shadow that previously hit about 1cm to the left of the bottom right corner of the TV screen was now about 1cm up the right side of the screen...but I can't be sure that's down to real-time change or 'creep' by the car.

It's a bit misleading to show the same icon on Course Maker tracks that have a completely different meaning on the Nurb, Le Mans and Toscana in the main game.

I did a little test and kept the hand-brake on my car looking at a shadow. I left it for about 40 minutes and the shadow that previously hit about 1cm to the left of the bottom right corner of the TV screen was now about 1cm up the right side of the screen...but I can't be sure that's down to real-time change or 'creep' by the car.

It's a bit misleading to show the same icon on Course Maker tracks that have a completely different meaning on the Nurb, Le Mans and Toscana in the main game.

I must admit I didn't do races of more than 30 minutes on coursemaker generated tracks.

Back