GT5 True to the Swap Hybridz LEGIT Swaps Thread

• Thread starter FastAShecK
  • 43 comments

FastAShecK

(Banned)
Canada
Road to Inferno
GT5 True to the Swap Hybridz LEGIT Swaps Thread

Here it is a thread dedicated to the Recreation of Real Life cars using Hybriding. In this thread it is required to ONLY swap engines in cars that the swap is done IRL, NO Crazy LMP chassis swaps Here. There is a Thread for the Cool crazy and wild chassis swaps including LMP chassis in street car clothing. To See that thread and post about that style of Hybrids CLICK HERE. Both Styles are fine, this is just different.

2 Categories in here, Street Car and Racer

Street Cars
These cars have to have street-able power, not saying 1000hp cars on the street are not possible, they are just good enough to get to the track most of the time often with difficulties. This excludes cars like the Veyron that have those numbers out the box.

Racers
These can have Race car chassis swaps, BUT a ZO6 needs a ZO6 Race car chassis, a R34 needs a R34 race car chassis etc, NO LMP Chassis swaps etc.

Engine Swaps
Any engine swap that is done IRL is good, this includes V8 Miata's 4G63 Hyundais, V8 RX-7's, to K20 eG Civics. The HP has to be legit, no 1500hp Civics for example.

Lets see how well you can recreate some of the engine swapped cars actually driving the Streets near you.

Last edited:
Still, I don't think you grasp the chassis concept as it works in the game. It's just a rectangular plane and four contact points.

If you're trying to hit a target weight that isn't possible through any other method, than why not? An LMP chassis has about 5-10% more grip than a regular chassis, so if you're trying to recreate a road car with a street suspension, just deduct that amount from the grip. I also think you can add weight above the 200kg (but don't quote me on that because I haven't tried it.) You'll also get the stance you're looking for in most cases.

As long as you never go into the downforce dialogue, you will have 0 downforce.

Alternately, you can stick with the stock chassis and increase the weight reduction by borrowing weight reduction values from a car that has big drops at each stage, like the 06 zo6 vette.

Check this out if it helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ_RC8eJGOA

At 10 seconds and 20 seconds, it goes to wireframe. You can see four arrow head like points under the wireframe of the wheels (one under each). THAT is what a chassis for a video game vehicle looks like.

Just saying that the only thing that should be considered "legit" in the process is the end result. Don't get too hung up on how that result was achieved.

Last edited:
An LMP chassis has about 5-10% more grip than a regular chassis

This here is 1 of the reasons I'm against using the LMP Chassis on street cars, IF you want to, go ahead in the "Cool chassis swap thread" NOT Here... I really don't care for adjusting the grip on any car, if you do it that way, that's fine, just not in this thread.

Lighter weight, 50/50 balance, wider track, more rigid, better grip etc, etc, etc all making it quite different then a regular chassis and not simply a "rectangular plane and four contact points" that's absurd, I think you keep missing my point... In my opinion most of those wide tracked over camberred cars just look stupid, so if that's the look your after, keep it out of here, I got no love for those LMP Cars in street car clothes... ANY Car with a LMP Chassis in my eyes is a LMP Car, simple as that... I own a engine swapped car, and dealing with much more power in a chassis not originally designed for it is just a part of it all...

Either way, your entitled to your opinion, as am I, so as we ended this a few days back no sense to start it back up over here, keep your LMP Chassis cars where they belong, NOT in here...

Ohh BTW
'00/'04 Z06 has the CR5 Racecar ;) on the same platform not the same code.

Last edited:
This here is 1 of the reasons I'm against using the LMP Chassis on street cars, IF you want to, go ahead in the "Cool chassis swap thread" NOT Here... I really don't care for adjusting the grip on any car, if you do it that way, that's fine, just not in this thread.

But if you change a car from 4wd to 2wd, or vice versa, you'll need to alter the grip to keep in "legit" because 4wd adds grip to the car. Also, not all of the chassis have extra grip. It depends what the original scripter was trying to replicate. For instance, the CLK LM doesn't seem to have any extra grip. The Mclaren F1 though (the street car) has extra grip to replicate the vacuum assisted downforce of the real car.

"rectangular plane and four contact points" that's absurd...

Either way, your entitled to your opinion, as am I, so as we ended this a few days back no sense to start it back up over here, keep your LMP Chassis cars where they belong, NOT in here...

Umm, it's not an opinion. It is the truth. All the chassis are the same thing. In Battlefield, every land vehicle (and some others) are the same chassis. Sherman tank to Quad bike. Same chassis code base, different values. There is nothing that I've seen in GT to make me believe they have done anything different.

Ohh BTW '00/'04 Z06 has the CR5 Racecar ;) on the same platform not the same code.

Fair enough, I re-read what I wrote and it misrepresented what I meant. Neither here nor there.

You might not like wide stanced cars, but there might be a "legit" swap that is wide stanced and the only way to recreate it is with a file that you are arbitrarily ruling out. I'm just saying that you instruct those who need to use that file, to tone down the performance to match what the real car should be able to do. That way, it is truly "legit".

Last edited:
But if you change a car from 4wd to 2wd, or vice versa, you'll need to alter the grip to keep in "legit" because 4wd adds grip to the car. Also, not all of the chassis have extra grip. It depends what the original scripter was trying to replicate. For instance, the CLK LM doesn't seem to have any extra grip.

I do not need to alter the grip, I am against any HP & Grip hacking, no reasons justified in my eyes, and my opinion.

Umm, it's not an opinion. It is the truth. All the chassis are the same thing. In Battlefield, every land vehicle (and some others) are the same chassis. Sherman tank to Quad bike. Same chassis, different values. I know, because I worked with it for half a decade. It is a common practice in the industry. There is nothing that I've seen in GT to make me believe they have done anything different.

This is NOT Battlefield, and I see more grip, wider stance (improved handling) better balance, lower weight, increased rigidity, etc etc etc... More then enough for me to not like it in my book...

ANY Car using a LMP CHassis IS A LMP Race Car in Street Car clothes..........

Fair enough, I re-read what I wrote and it misrepresented what I meant. Neither here nor there.

It was a Smart Alec point out, what got marked "Return to Sender" :sly:

You might not like wide stanced cars, but there might be a "legit" swap that is wide stanced and the only way to recreate it is with a file that you are arbitrarily ruling out. I'm just saying that you instruct those who need to use that file, to tone down the performance to match what the real car should be able to do. That way, it is truly "legit".

When the case comes up, we call em as they arise, I don't care to speculate or dwell on the "If's" in life... If something comes up and can be legitimized then its all good, but that's gonna be on a case by case basis. I'll tell you right off the Bat though, I wont see ANY reason EVER to justify a LMP chassis on a Street Car, that wont fly ever over here.

I'll set one up... It makes total sense you cant put a V8 in a 4 cylinder engine bay and expect it to run or change a MR to a FR... I get it.... When I'm done I'll upload a photo!

I'll set one up... It makes total sense you cant put a V8 in a 4 cylinder engine bay and expect it to run or change a MR to a FR... I get it.... When I'm done I'll upload a photo!

Echem
125303d1206714848-ls1-into-honda-s2000-engine-bay-march-2008.jpg

CSP_Civette_8.jpg

In the Civette's case I think they use a custom chassis, but the MX5 uses a modified original chassis.

As for the drivetrain swaps, I can't find any MR to FR swaps in real life, but there are plenty of FR to MR ones. It's even been done by manufacturers (Renault 5 Turbo, Renaultsport Clio V6, MG Metro 6R4).

NFSCARBON1 I stand corrected... Amazing amount of time went into that! *cough* photoshop *cough* *cough*

Drum roll please... FastAShecK my Hybrid is.........
Car: Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '98 (original HP 295 - 4WD)
Engine: TommyKiara ZZII '00 (original HP 563 - 4WD)
Drivetrain & Gearbox: BMW Z4 '03

Last edited:
Naw that Civette I know and its a Civic Chassis.

V8 Miata? Thats nothing, try V12 Miata....

DSC01916_zps7ba66c1f.jpg

In case your wondering, its the 12 Banger out of a Old School Jag, note the sick ITB's

LS1 RX7

8dcd8239c1bfdf04cc6e2bad4953e47f_zps67fda798.jpg

RB26DET S15
c5cf639a8da370aeff1905602089cb7c_zps64c9d463.jpg

SR20DET 5-Dime
d9d5af935393569a01ca7695cc5cd452_zps9e7a678c.jpg

MKII VR6
25184910005_large_zpsdfdb6809.jpg

The last one is mine.

Last edited:
Naw that Civette I know and its a Civic Chassis.

V8 Miata? Thats nothing, try V12 Miata....

DSC01916_zps7ba66c1f.jpg

In case your wondering, its the 12 Banger out of a Old School Jag, note the sick ITB's

That. Miata. Is. AWESOME!!! Gotta love those old Jag V12s

SR20DET 5-Dime
d9d5af935393569a01ca7695cc5cd452_zps9e7a678c.jpg

5-Dime? Forgive the off-topicosity, but I've seen this a lot since hybiding started, and I just don't get what turns it from a normal Datsun to a 5-Dime (unless its just the motor).

EDIT:Nevermind, just figured it^ out! Just a nickname, like the S15 "Strawberry Face" cars.

That. Miata. Is. AWESOME!!! Gotta love those old Jag V12s

5-Dime? Forgive the off-topicosity, but I've seen this a lot since hybiding started, and I just don't get what turns it from a normal Datsun to a 5-Dime (unless its just the motor).

EDIT:Nevermind, just figured it^ out! Just a nickname, like the S15 "Strawberry Face" cars.

1969 Datsun Bluebird 1600
(510) model

Five-Dime, 5-Dime, are just spin offs of 510, its one of those great classics.

Datsun 69 5-Dime Reborn

Nissan/Datsun Bluebird 1600 (510) '69
Engine Swap: S15 SR20DET
500hp
370ft-lb
827kg
591PP

TsukubaCircuit_1_zpse3b299de.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_2_zpsc91cf508.jpg

I had to bring my baby back to life as soon as I could and here she is better then ever. I slammed her down just right for the new shoes and the Fresh Paint sparkles in the sun.

TsukubaCircuit_3_zps354163f1.jpg

Under the hood we got a Premium S15 SR20DET tuned up to 500hp & 370ft-lb of torque, with the stock chassis dropped to its lowest weight she sits at only 827lbs. Combination gives a sweet 591PP rating, I tune her on Sports Super Soft, a great middle between Sports Soft & Racing Hard.

TsukubaCircuit_7_zps1a718393.jpg

You will see her digging through the Pack in The Tuner Challenges or running hot laps at Tskuba in under 1min.

TsukubaCircuit_8_zpsa6d3eea7.jpg

Last edited:
I like that Volvette. I think I'll make one tonight (albeit with the 240GLT). Just need to find a suitable colour to match the one in the photo.

Skyline HT GT-R RB26DETT '70

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_5_zps0b8eaaa8.jpg

Getting to know the First GT-R

The GT-R started here. It's evolved quite a bit in its time, this is its first appearance. The 69-70 GT-R hit the streets with the crazy engine of the time, the S-20 they took out of the R380 and the GT-R became known for setting records in races.

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_6_zps9076e77c.jpg

The S-20 was great when it was dialed in right, but was also known for being a PITA to dial in the carb. It was said to be rare a typical user would get all of the potential out of the engine. When dialed in though it was a force to be reckoned with.

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_2_zps2ff6dae1.jpg

The Hybrid

600hp @ 7100rpm
509ft-lb @ 4300rpm
1090kg

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_zps432b991e.jpg

I 86'ed the old S-20 for a new tried and true RB26DETT, the engine from the GT-R's in the 90's and early '00's. this engine is a beast and known for having a bullet proof bottom end able to handle crazy crazy HP and TQ. Tuning on the engine was done by Blitz with only the boost turned up a little bit. She put down 600hp and 509ft-lb clean on the Dyno with a nice broad power curve.

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_4_zpsf1428b13.jpg

I redid the suspension all with modern aftermarket performance parts so this 70's classic can ride like she was released yesterday. Weight reductions was kept to windows to lower CG and @ 1090kg she needed to retain some weight to hold down the 509ft-lb of torque.

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_3_zps7b5aed92.jpg

The Tranny was brought over with the engine. Its an adjustable 6spd with a 4.111 FD in the diffs. She has a custom cut set of gears topping off in 6th at 187mph ready to do a homicide on the competition.

SuzukaCircuitEastCourse_1_zpsbe789668.jpg

She is a great drive, but but the gas pedal can get you in trouble if you don't be easy with her coming out of corners, the RB26DETT makes great tq down low so a downshift never feels like its pulling you out of the power zone for exit.

Last edited:
I thought swaps dont matter anymore? All you hear is the sound of your swap? but your car back to its orginal hp

And the W12 VW GTI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chreIG-6NXo

Could I build this? Would this be "legit". I mean, I'm building it anyway, but whether I post it here or not is a different story. It's legit as far as I'm concerned.

I had to build me one of these too.

I went with the Scirocco tho, with a Nardo W12 and a Mid-AWD Drivetrain Adjustable Center & F/R Diffs some downforce & bit of ballast over the rear wheels to keep it as close as possible. Dubbed the Scirocco W12-750 putting down a earth shattering (you guessed it) 750hp....

Ill post it up when I can

I also added a Dual Boost system to my M3 CSL. Very low boost, about 15lbs. With both the Turbo and S/C she makes 660hp

I also took the V8 out of the Espirit 350 GT and stuffed it in the back of the Delorean (THe Delorean has a Espirit style Lotus made chassis) added a Mid Range Turbo and DF as if it had a wing (But obviously wingless). I Silver Chromed it, with a soft silver on the staggered Rims. Pumping 650hp Marty will have no trouble blowing past 88mph....

Last edited:
VW Scirocco W12-750 R

TheTopGearTestTrack_4_zps5b4d4a26.jpg

VW Built themselves one of these out of a Golf GTi... They don't have plans to release it so I decided to build myself one that was a little more extreme :sly:

Courtosy of Voodoovaj

VW GTi W12-650

The Hybrid

VW Scirocco W12-750 R
750hp
(ill fill the rest in after backing up GT5) The BR drive failed to load the disk a few times after a power failure while the game was running. Superb shape disk has me worried the BR drive may go so gotta back it up to be safe, thankfully the disk was recognized and I can get it done before she goes, i may look to buy a replacement BR drive and have it ready

TheTopGearTestTrack_1_zps8336e453.jpg

The Scirocco is actually built on the Golf platform so its not far off & better suited for the project. The lines are a little more aggressive IMO while still providing ample room behind the driver to fit the W12 power house.

While VW went with the Twin Turbo W12 used in the Bently Continental. I had to go with the W12 out of the Nardo that is of the same family of engines. The Bently Continental W12 being based off the Nardos W12, the W engines are based off the VR engine line, a line I have a personal attachment to ;) . Unfortunately the Nardos W12 does not like turbo's, so I went with a Supercharger to provide Boost.

TheTopGearTestTrack_2_zps9462f708.jpg

I swapped in a MID-AWD drivetrain and added ballast over the rear wheels, using adjustable diffs and center diff. The suspension was converted to a double wishbone system at both ends, with supporting aftermarket goodies to keep her planted. VW may have rushed the W12-650, but I carefully designed the W12-750 R with AWD as the W12-650 has shown RWD in this car do not go well together.

Much detail was spent at honing in the downforce so it was just right, although all very subtle changes keeping a relatively stock look, but sprayed with Nero Nemesis Paint looking Sinister.

The car is absolutely amazing to drive, it kicks out the rear end at will and you can keep her pointing where you want with the throttle playing sweet music out of the tail pipe. She will SnAp out if you give her too much, the mid mount engine and short wheelbase have to fight to contain the W12 and its power. This one I'm going to put a video together of its just too fun to drive, if you are still running 2.11 you have got to build yourself one you will not be disappointed...

The Stig could handle her, but Geramy couldn't. Its a concept, not full on production model, so no surprise its not fully dialled in and most of the interier gadgets are just cosmetic.
http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-jeremy-drives-the-vw-gti-w12-concept-ca_136880.htm
VW should of went AWD and further developed the W12-650, the concept is awesome...

TheTopGearTestTrack_3_zps05d04c99.jpg

Last edited:
Back