GT5 tunes works on GT6 cars?

• Thread starter [joel]
  • 8 comments
Argentina
San Lorenzo, Argentina
MrJoelAlonso
Guys, just wanted to know if the setups I made for my gt5 cars could work fine on GT6 cars?

Best regards! Thanks in advise

Not really. I've tested some of my GT5 tunes on GT6, it not so bad but need to be fixed, principally Springs LSD and brakes.

The biggest tunes that don't work are the MR cars in GT6. The way the physics and handling engine has made MR cars much more tricky to handle, so GT5 tunes for the F40 does not work at all for GT6.

It really depends on how you tuned in GT5. @praiano63 is correct that some in not all of the common tuning methods are no longer feasible. With the new suspension, tire model and aerodynamic modeling you'll have to make adjustments to your tuning or real learn. Some are have the some effects in some areas mainly in the transmission area for some cars not, which I see changing very soon with some up coming updates. The diff is more active, you can set it higher now though it's still not a true diff, the brakes have improved but they can be improved even more.

Online - GT5 had 2 distinct different physics, which changed around update 2.07 or 8, so depending on whether your setup is before or after that, will have an impact on how well it now behaves.

You also have to consider that some individual parts of a setup also changed (the affects of which were reversed) in GT5 too.

Knowing what worked when and what changed when is the key of knowing what (from GT5) will work now...

Guys, just wanted to know if the setups I made for my gt5 cars could work fine on GT6 cars?

Best regards! Thanks in advise
As far as I've been able to tell so far, any tune made in later stages of GT5 has a decent chance of working in GT6. Whether or not the exact tune works, will depend on how much the car "changed" from game to game. In any case, it seems to me like tuning in GT6 is just like GT5.

My drag tune for my 2010 Camaro SS carried over from GT5,same starting final gear and all,runs good,got beat once

I downloaded a GT5 tuning calc xml file and it sort of works.
Ride heights are adjusted differently, I think, and the fine tuning options are out of whack as they go beyond the set min/max values.

Back