GT5 Vehicle Wish List Ver. 5.0 [GO TO Ver. 5.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-> ...
They are, but why the necessity of having more than the basic H1, H2 and H3? At the most, you could add a military HumVee in as well. I think realistically, 4 Hummers would be enough for most people.

On a side note, I welcome rarities like the Monteverdi. I also like your idea of reducing the number of tuned cars in the list if they have too much in common with a factory model. We already have a semi-list of tuned cars (though it's a bit patchy, the one that Ultraflow created. If a thread like that was well governed and not just a list of tuner cars nobody's heard of, it would be a welcome partner to a well-managed general vehicle wish list.
^ Hmm, looks like Ultraflow's list looks pretty ok. I did left some rude comments back then. But you are right, it is pretty disorganized and patchy in some ways. It's more like this:

Funny Things in GT5

Your Dream Starting Grid on GT5

-> In the meantime, I can absorb his list to make it 'a bit more organized', and in honor to these contemporary tuners, I can include them on the VWL V5.5.

Maybe setting up different categories can help?

Like:

Tuned
Classics
SUV's and others
Racing Cars
Normal Cars
Concepts

I'm thinking about the brainstorm needed. Are we going to start posting and debating about every car out there, or should we start category by category? i don't know, does separating cars help? what do you guys think?
^ I believe it is a good idea, but who could cover the following?

Tuned = Ultraflow*
Classics = +SLOT VACANT+
Normal = VB
SUV's and others = +SLOT VACANT+
Concepts = +SLOT VACANT+
Racing Cars = RACECAR

(*) = Tentative, not confirmed/appointed

^ I do understand Classic cars are really not my forte either. But these doesn't mean we need another wish list for the Hemming's crew, the niche would be too small for the crowd here in GTP in general. And besides the percentage of cars from 1949 and earlier are no more than 2% of the overall cars on V5.0.

-> While the others like Concepts, Normal, SUV's and others, if we tend to separate each of these categories the overall list will be slashed to 1/4, plus there is not enough fanbase to contemplate each sector of the WL.

-> Race Cars is an another thing, there are more than enough fanbase can make a huge difference for continuing the RCWL, especially from hooligans and Livery Fans. And I would think it can continue as a co-op entity to the VWL. And since I was never a fan of Livery-type Race Cars and open-wheelers, only to plain-body prototype test cars like these:

lamborghini-murcielago-race-car.jpg

80396_b.jpg

autoart-2004-citroen-xsara-wrc-plain-body-version-in-red.jpg

ixo-ford-focus-wrc-m-gronholm-test-car-2006.jpg

^ That is why I will give strict intructions for request of cars, me and RACECAR will go hand-in hand on which seems to be a Livery-type Race Car or a Plain Body Test Car.

:)

I remember counting in GT4... we had 719 cars, but the actual numbers of different modelled cars was something like 200.

Liveries take up a lot of space in the wishlists, when people ask cars like:

Mobil one JGTC NSX
Arta JGTC NSX
Castrol JGTC NSX

they are actually the same car with different paint jobs.

I'm positive that most of the cars we want are probably already in the 12,000 list, so it's a matter of refining it.

I'm pretty sure people will show up trying to compile lists for SUV's and such.

I personally like the racing cars better, and i'll be here if needed for help.

-> ...

Tuned = Ultraflow*
Classics = +SLOT VACANT+
Normal = VB
Concepts = +SLOT VACANT+
Racing Cars = RACECAR

Also, one more thing. Would be usefull to set some parameters for the people working on each category? Like:

"guys, lets try to narrow down to a certain number. Lets work with

Tuned - 600
Classics - 300
Normal - 1200
SUV's and Others - 150
Concepts - 200
Racing cars - 1000".

Just figurative numbers. I have a tendency to be organized, so i'm just throwing some ideas to see what could work and what couldn't.

But things are looking good:tup:

->
I remember counting in GT4... we had 719 cars, but the actual numbers of different modelled cars was something like 200.

Liveries take up a lot of space in the wishlists, when people ask cars like:

Mobil one JGTC NSX
Arta JGTC NSX
Castrol JGTC NSX

they are actually the same car with different paint jobs.

I'm positive that most of the cars we want are probably already in the 12,000 list, so it's a matter of refining it.

I'm pretty sure people will show up trying to compile lists for SUV's and such.

I personally like the racing cars better, and i'll be here if needed for help.

^ Well RACECAR beat you up to it, and based on his past requests since V4.5; RACECAR proved that he is more than worthy to co-op with me with the WL.

-> If you like to co-op with the WL team, you have to prove your worth first. But just like Driving Park and BuickGNX88 in here, you can help out RACECAR on his RCWL, since you guys share the same desire. ;)

Also, one more thing. Would be usefull to set some parameters for the people working on each category? Like:

"guys, lets try to narrow down to a certain number. Lets work with

Tuned - 600
Classics - 300
Normal - 1200
SUV's and Others - 150
Concepts - 200
Racing cars - 1000".

Just figurative numbers. I have a tendency to be organized, so i'm just throwing some ideas to see what could work and what couldn't.

But things are looking good
^ As of now we can't set any parameters as of yet. So far we haven't conjure up the total number of cars on list. As I previously said earlier; only Race Cars and Vehicles (Concepts, 4WD/Trucks, Production cars, Classic) are the only possible groups that can go part ways. All we have to foretell is how much fanbase that the VWL can conjure up to be splitted up. So far, the Tuner section can be a viable best thing to have a separate thread, but it is still tentative. :)

Last edited:

Tuned = Ultraflow*
Classics = +SLOT VACANT+
Normal = VB
Concepts = +SLOT VACANT+
Racing Cars = RACECAR

Ultraflow isn't around here often (or doesn't seem to post with any consistency) so he may not be best for maintaining a thread.

I'd offer to cover classic cars as I'm pretty enthusiastic about them, but I'm just starting a degree so I'm not sure how much time I'd be able to dedicate to it. Though you can pencil me in provisionally.

Ultraflow isn't around here often (or doesn't seem to post with any consistency) so he may not be best for maintaining a thread.

I'd offer to cover classic cars as I'm pretty enthusiastic about them, but I'm just starting a degree so I'm not sure how much time I'd be able to dedicate to it. Though you can pencil me in provisionally.

I agree that I doesn't seem to post with any consistency, and maybe not the best for maintaining a thread.

The problem is I dont have a lot of free time. :indiff:

But I will help to create the next GT5 wish List.

Continue the good work The Vanishing Boy!

Last edited:
The wish list is CLOSED. This is now a discussion about how to improve it, though I'm guessing you didn't even bother reading the thread title, let alone the content...

There was no need for you to be rude like that. I'm erasing my post and you will edit yours to take out that part, ok? And if you didn't notice that was my 1st post in this thread.

Last edited:
Thing is though, first post or not you have to actually take note to the entire thread title, rather than just a certain part of it. Of course, the only reason anyone is rude to someone who does something such as you did, is because it has happened so many times already that it's just too much of a nuisance.

Thing is though, first post or not you have to actually take note to the entire thread title, rather than just a certain part of it. Of course, the only reason anyone is rude to someone who does something such as you did, is because it has happened so many times already that it's just too much of a nuisance.

Ok, I then understand that, so that's why I erased my post.

I agree that I doesn't seem to post with any consistency, and maybe not the best for maintaining a thread.

The problem is I dont have a lot of free time. :indiff:

Nice one 👍 I assumed you probably didn't have much free time as you only seem to post occasionally :)

FRED SIMÕES;3156856
There was no need for you to be rude like that. I'm erasing my post and you will edit yours to take out that part, ok? And if you didn't notice that was my 1st post in this thread.

Edited as you wish. As Buick mentioned though, we can save things like this happening by reading the thread title and last few posts thoroughly - the thread has been closed to requests for over a month now.

-> A lot has happend since I last posted...

^ You can help out on a part-time standpoint like Driving Park and BuickGNX88. You don't have to create a separate thread. There is not much of a fan base to cover Classic cars for now. ;)

The problem is I dont have a lot of free time
. :indiff:

Continue the good work The Vanishing Boy!

^ First of all, thank you for the compliment! :)

-> As for maintaining for the Tuner Cars, is it ok that if I can copy most of the valid request that came out from your thread? Of course I have to check it out for its worthiness (just like on other cars). I don't mean to hi-jack your thread or anything. As of now, it can be 'absorbed' by the VWL in the meantime. :)

I've been thinking and I think a better way to present the list would be to have under each make the models (in alphabetical order) and then sort the similar models by year. I find that it just makes for a cleaner looking list, not to mention the person doing the sorting doesn't need to determine what size/type of vehicle each one is. An alternate way (which I did my list by) is sort the vehicles by year, then by make (alphabetical).

I found an error in the list:

Peugeot 207 1.6L Turbo 3-door '06
Peugeot 207 GTi '07
Peugeot 207 RCup '06
Peugeot 207 Epure Concept Car '06
Peugeot 207 CC 1.6L Turbo 3-door '07
Peugeot 207 GTi '07
Peugeot 207 GTi THP 175 3-door '08

BuickGNX88-> I will be doing that on V5.5, but as you can see on V5.0 ('round 0-B) some of the cars are in numerical/alphabetical order. ;)

-> Someone posted this suggestion here few months ago and I thought it was a good idea.

-> The configuration would be:

- Numerical
- Alphabetical
- Year

-> Just take a look on what I had done on AC Cars Group back on page 1:

VWL 5.0 0-B
-AC CARS GROUP LIMITED-
AC 12 hp 1.5 '1928
AC 12 hp 2.0 '30
AC 1500cc 100MPH Car '1925
AC 2 Litre coupe '58
AC 2 Litre Drophead Coupe '58
AC 2 Litre Tourer '58
AC 3000ME targa '85
AC Ace roadster '54
AC Ace Zagato Coupe '56
AC Ace/Bristol {1991cc} roadster '64
AC Ace '98
AC Ace V8 S/C Roadster '98
AC Ace concept '06
AC Aceca/Bristol {1971cc} coupe '55
AC Aceca 2.6 coupe '63
AC Aceca coupe '98
AC Aceca V8 Coupe '98
AC Autocarrier '1910
AC Cobra 212 S/C Roadster '00
AC Cobra MKI 260 roadster '63
AC Cobra MKII 289 roadster '64
AC Cobra MKII 289 Le Mans coupe '64
AC Cobra MKII FIA roadster
AC Cobra MKIII AC 289 roadster '68
AC Cobra MKIII 289 FIA Roadster '04
AC Cobra MKIII 289 Le Mans coupe '71
AC Cobra MKIII 427 roadster '66
AC Cobra MKIII 428 roadster '90
AC Cobra MKIV Carbon Road Series concept roadster '98
AC Cobra MKIV CRS roadster '98
AC Cobra MKIV Superblower '98
AC Cobra MKV 4.9 V8 {221hp} '06
AC Cobra MKV 4.9 V8 {311hp} '06
AC Cobra MKV 4.9 V8 {341hp} '06
AC Cobra MKV 5.6 V8 {395hp} '06
AC Cobra MKV 5.7 V8 {236hp} '06
AC Cobra MKV 5.7 V8 {247hp} '06
AC Cobra MKV 5.7 V8 {451hp} '06
AC Frua {6997cc, M/T} coupe '65
AC Frua {7016cc, M/T} coupe '73
AC Frua {7016cc, M/T} roadster '73
AC Greyhound 2.6 coupe '63
AC Invalid Car '80
AC Mamba concept coupe '02
AC Petite 2-seater '58
AC Six 16/40 1.5 '1927
AC Six 16/56 2.0 '30
AC Six 16/66 2.0 3-Carb 2-seater '39
AC Six 16/66 2.0 3-Carb 4-seater '39
AC Six 16/70 2.0 '39
AC Six 16/90 Supercharged 2-seater '39
AC Six 16/90 Supercharged 4-seater '39
AC Sociable '1914
AC Ten 1.1 coupe '1916
AC Ten 1.3 coupe '1916

FRED SIMÕES-> Don't worry, I'll start the list from zero on V5.5. That will be deleted. ;)

Last edited:
^ Don't worry, I'm at LeftLane/Autoblog/WCF/InsideLine/Jalopnik almost everyday to see whats new, I've already know anout the Mi.To GTA since last week and Golf VI since 3 weeks ago. Easy on your saddles buddy, no requests for now. :)

BuickGNX88-> I will be doing that on V5.5, but as you can see on V5.0 ('round 0-B) some of the cars are in numerical/alphabetical order. ;)

-> Someone posted this suggestion here few months ago and I thought it was a good idea.

-> The configuration would be:

- Numerical
- Alphabetical
- Year

-> Just take a look on what I had done on AC Cars Group back on page 1:

FRED SIMÕES-> Don't worry, I'll start the list from zero on V5.5. That will be deleted. ;)

That's good, I didn't really like the whole sorting by type...confusing for all! :P

-> Hey guys, the V5.5 list is ready to go. The V5.5 will have new rules that is supposed to be implemented on V6.0 (aka. GT6 VWL). 👍

-> The list is all cleared up, only the manufacturers name are only intact but the cars are all gone. It make me easier to browse all the car makes. :)

-> I will return all the cars that I personally verified here on V5.0. But this procedure will be done in a timely manner as the V5.0 is so huge. :scared:

-> And I have a personal favor to ask for all of the VWL fans. When we start V5.5, if we could hold back all your request up to a maximum of 10 cars at a time, so I won't get burned out. thanks! :)

-> And I have a personal favor to ask for all of the VWL fans. When we start V5.5, if we could hold back all your request up to a maximum of 10 cars at a time, so I won't get burned out. thanks! :)

And any rules on not asking for ten variations of the same car?... Or will that be to your discretion? Or maybe for everyone to discuss?

-> ...
And any rules on not asking for ten variations of the same car?... Or will that be to your discretion? Or maybe for everyone to discuss?
^ It will be up to me if its these cars have significant differences between all of them. It can also be disscussed in a way, I don't want to be selfish and all. ;)

So what is the time frame as to when requests may proceed? :P
^ As of now I'm basically waiting for RACECAR since he wants us to start the thread at the same time. And once the thread is created, give me 30 min-hour to finalize everything, it will be composed with 10 post before request starts up again. But I don't know about RACECAR's style. :)

RACECAR-> Please free up your PM box, I have to reply you on something. ;)

Things looking good.

I like the 10 car per post limit. It will help people choose only what they really like.

btw, do we have a list of all the cars that have appeared on GT games? That list would help things... i'm pretty sure the number is 1000+ already.

-> ...

^ It will be up to me if its these cars have significant differences between all of them. It can also be disscussed in a way, I don't want to be selfish and all. ;)

^ As of now I'm basically waiting for RACECAR since he wants us to start the thread at the same time. And once the thread is created, give me 30 min-hour to finalize everything, it will be composed with 10 post before request starts up again. But I don't know about RACECAR's style. :)

RACECAR-> Please free up your PM box, I have to reply you on something. ;)

Its clear now. Sucks not having GTpremium while I'm running two series:indiff:

fasj6418-> I would think so, there were a lot of cars from the past GT that didn't showed up in in GT4. Like this one for example:

Mazdaspeed RX-7 GT-C '98
23822_2.jpg

^ This very car was ONLY featured in GT2, and it was considered as one of the best FD3S in the game. :dopey:

RACECAR-> PM sent. ;)

As a matter of fact, i'm pretty sure every individual GT game space here could have the car list of the games. I will try to spend some time tomorrow looking for those lists to "compile" them. Could be usefull in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back