GT5P Online Race Events Information @ Feb 2, 2008

• Thread starter maskrider
  • 231 comments
Now the online races even worst than before.....Pro GTR is gone. When you have more fun racing AI cars than online....there is something seriously wrong. No race in this game should be using R3 tires unless we have "tire wear" and "tire temperature", that S-class Suzuka online race is the most "unrealistic" event by far.

BTW, online races seems to have "slow car boost".....I thought this is the "real driving simulator"

Please don't tell me there's a catch up system online , that would be bad.

Untill we get a private-races there will be no real racing. This has to be commercial product, and this is all a beta-test. If PD would allow private races in this early stage, collection of data needed for improvement of many features would drastically shrunk.

I do not care about that, because lag/ping issues are awful anyway.

What pisses me off is lack of penalties on online Time-Trials for usage of safety-zones on Fuji. I would like that TT's be like Licence Tests in full games. Two wheels off the track - and you're FAIL. Just watch the replays of top-times on Fuji TT and see how guys are using all zones for cutting the tracks. Shame and disgrace.

Untill we get a private-races there will be no real racing. This has to be commercial product, and this is all a beta-test. If PD would allow private races in this early stage, collection of data needed for improvement of many features would drastically shrunk.

I do not care about that, because lag/ping issues are awful anyway.

What pisses me off is lack of penalties on online Time-Trials for usage of safety-zones on Fuji. I would like that TT's be like Licence Tests in full games. Two wheels off the track - and you're FAIL. Just watch the replays of top-times on Fuji TT and see how guys are using all zones for cutting the tracks. Shame and disgrace.

i agree

are you sure about this???

I can confirm this is the case. The further you are behind the more help you get. The most noticeable is the increase in grip levels.

The Suzuka race is a joke. Standard Physics - R3 tyres :yuck:

I guess now I have more time to spend on Super Mario Galaxy.

MGR
I can confirm this is the case. The further you are behind the more help you get. The most noticeable is the increase in grip levels.

Does this happen in all races or just in the beginner and amateur races?

I mean does it happen at Daytona?

:ill::ill::ill:

are you sure about this???

I am pretty sure. However seamless PD had coded the "slow car boost", it is there.

MGR

Yeah, you cannot get more arcade'er than that, compounded with that "slow car boost" crap.

Does this happen in all races or just in the beginner and amateur races?

I mean does it happen at Daytona?

:ill::ill::ill:

Here is what I think.

I think the "slow car boost" is tied into the simulation physics. As in online "amateur"/"beginner" races the simulation mode is set to "standard", so the "slow car boost" is present. However, in "Pro" simulation, IMO, the "slow car boost" is either off or is very very low.

This also explain why in offline mission/events seems to be much much easier in "standard" simulation because of the "standard" simulation physics + the "slow car boost".

I can understand how PD want to create closer races, but "slow car boost", IMO, is the worst type of assistance that a game can provide as this mechanism is solely in place to help you to "win" by creating an illusion that you are actually driving very well. Driving to me is more about the pursue of knowledge (or more knowledge) of this particular art form. When all your hard effort is really nothing more than a lie because of "slow car boost", you will never learn anything.

I am pretty sure. However seamless PD had coded the "slow car boost", it is there.

Yeah, you cannot get more arcade'er than that, compounded with that "slow car boost" crap.

Here is what I think.

I think the "slow car boost" is tied into the simulation physics. As in online "amateur"/"beginner" races the simulation mode is set to "standard", so the "slow car boost" is present. However, in "Pro" simulation, IMO, the "slow car boost" is either off or is very very low.

This also explain why in offline mission/events seems to be much much easier in "standard" simulation because of the "standard" simulation physics + the "slow car boost".

I can understand how PD want to create closer races, but "slow car boost", IMO, is the worst type of assistance that a game can provide as this mechanism is solely in place to help you to "win" by creating an illusion that you are actually driving very well. Driving to me is more about the pursue of knowledge (or more knowledge) of this particular art form. When all your hard effort is really nothing more than a lie because of "slow car boost", you will never learn anything.

Yeah I agree it's about developing consistency, gaining a second on someone over 2 laps can be very rewarding when your both belting out fast consistent laps. If your theory is correct and "slow car boost" is tied to the physics I hope it's completely off in PRO mode.

I've noticed that now my name shows highlighted in Gold in Online races. Anyone know what this means?

Anyways, about the slow car boost thing. I think the boost thing happens when you are bumped and lose position. It's not on because of slow car or being in the back. I think its temporary. I think for that short amout of time when you get out of the gravel it allows you time to make up for the out of track incident that may not have been your fault. When someone has bumped me off track, usually I can find myself catching up to them soon once I get back on track. I think this is part of the alogorithm in the code that determines how much and how long of a boost effect you get. This allows you to redeem yourself and get your position back if you drive well during that window of boost. I have not benefited from getting boost and allowing me to zoom further than I could go. Only to make up for what happened after some hit me off track.

Being at the back of the pack doesn't necessarly get boost. Boost seems to only happen when an incident causes you to get kicked off track...like if someone pushed you off and you lost your position. You are given boost for a short amout of time for you to make back your position. Other than this scenario, being in the back of the pack or having a slow car has not benefited any boost.
It's not a bad feature. When someone bumps you, you deserve boost to get your spot back.

This in a way I think the reason behind this was to allow good drivers to maintain their places in the race. If you are a good driver, you deserve your way back in the pack where you were. If someone recklessly knocks you out of your position, the boost in a way calculates the amount of boost to give you so you can earn that same position back if you continue to drive well. Otherwise, where you end up would only reflect why you go off track in the first place.

Those that are good drivers will make it up to the front of the pack and have an exciting race. It's not slow car boost, it's boost to make up for online bumpers ruining the day.

This is my guess how it works...or at least how I hope it's working.

I think this might be a plausible explanation.
I've often noticed how someone who ended up in the sand has been rather quick to regain their previous position. But those who simply don't drive well or are in slower cars do not get a "magic" speed boost. They simply remain at the back.

I think this might be a plausible explanation.
I've often noticed how someone who ended up in the sand has been rather quick to regain their previous position. But those who simply don't drive well or are in slower cars do not get a "magic" speed boost. They simply remain at the back.

Yup. That's what got me to think that this isn't based on slow car boost or being in the back, but boost effect due to penalty being hard to recognize. This allows the good drivers involved in these penalties to redeem themselves. Those that simply don't drive well will remain at the back after the boost wears off.

Means that you have some top 10 place in Online Time Attack

Ahh. Hmm.
Wonder if that is based on car or track being played on.
When I was running the Suzuka East track with the Integra Type R my name wasn't highlighted gold. When I entered the Suzuka Track (full) with the Ferrari F430 was when I noticed my name highlighted in Gold.

I'll have to check again with the Integra Type R if my name is highlight in Gold now. But I remember it happening once I switched cars and got into the F430 to play the Suzuka online race event.

It has something to do with the 430. Somehow, people end up with the one that you race with in the S-8 mission race. I'm not sure how it happens, but I've seen it online.
gold430.jpg

I recently completed all missions in the game. Maybe that's what it's for?

nope mate,have gold in all and have no gold name when online so thats not it....maybe the amount of credits????over 100mil or so??...am on 95mil so will know soon:)

100,000,000 is the max credits. I have all gold, every car, and my name isn't in gold. I'm telling you guys, it's the 430.

i was racing Sazuka in the vette for about an hour and a half, i switched to the 430 for a race and i was gold. went to the viper after one race and was normal again.

b

I usually race in the 430 (same one as used in S-8), but my name isn't in gold.
My name have been gold in earlier races though (in the previous race series). I don't remember what car I was using then.

Can anyone else say they get this boost on the pro physics event at Daytona when they have been bumped or what not.

So if it's written in the code of the Physics am I right in saying that it's doubtful this is something that can be turned off if and when were able to host our own rooms.

I realise know one has all the answers right now but I need realistic online racing. Any kind of boost gives me a sinking feeling, it's just not what it's about.

Sorry if this sounds a bit negative I'm just trying to determine which direction I need to go ---stay with ps3 Gt5 P and wait.. or maybe something else.

Thanks.

No matter how this boost thing works, it could change over time by patching GT5P and/or a whole new boost concept could be introduced in GT5.
So, what way to go is impossible to say anything about at the present time.

Just spent 2 hours at Daytona and it's seems impossible to tell if a boost system is in place due to the nature of the track. I initially had some good Daytona racing with a particular player (trying to think of his name dam !) but half my races were ruined by a guy called ASOBOO or something similar . If fact I can't believe his dedication ,I must of been in the same server as him at least 8 times and all he does is knock people off , what's his motivation ?

As you know when you get knocked off at Daytona anyone you were close to are half a lap away by the time you get back on track , so I'm uncertain if the boost is present. I kept a close eye on my revs and they seemed to be consistent through out. One thing that did spring to mind is the draft seems overkill but the only experience I have of draft is watching motorsport so I could be wrong.

Latest Posts

Back