GT5P Online Race Events Information @ Feb 2, 2008

• Thread starter maskrider
  • 231 comments
Hot-lappers tend to be able to do a single good, fast lap in a stint with the rest being mediocre and full of mistakes. Long-race fans tend to be a little slower on the fast lap front, BUT, faster overall when multiple smooth, error-free laps are needed.
(And PLEASE don't flame me for these comments, it's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it! :))

What about when the hotlappers slow down when they are not hot lapping? :sly:

What about when the hotlappers slow down when they are not hot lapping? :sly:

They just make slower mistakes! :D

Obviously there are exceptions Jerry, especially those that do long races also! 👍

Neil

They just make slower mistakes! :D

Obviously there are exceptions Jerry, especially those that do long races also! 👍

Neil

Lol. good return. 👍 However, I tend to believe that hotlappers are more consistant and thus the odds are far greater for them to produce that fast lap time. ;)

Eliminate the rubber-banding "boost" element and this race is perfect!

You mean like catchup boost sort of thing?...... I hardly hear it even mentioned.... but thats the reason I hardly GT5P online anymore, since the update after the main one on Dec 25th catchup seemed to get even worse, I hate it.

I would have nothing against Daytona OVal in Sim - as long as the cars would be TVR or Corvette with forced assists-off :D

Only if they started the race two-wide, or at least start with the cars closer together.

Can't find an answer anywhere for this, only three of the online events let me race, all the others take me directly to the standings page, anyone have a clue as to how I screwed up?

than these races are not available anymore...check when clicking on a race the dates (scroll down when on the info page)and you will see a start and an end date...if its allready past the end date you cannot enter anymore....:)

You mean like catchup boost sort of thing?...... I hardly hear it even mentioned.... but thats the reason I hardly GT5P online anymore, since the update after the main one on Dec 25th catchup seemed to get even worse, I hate it.

Yes, I was referring to the "catchup boost" that appears within the online races. However, after running some preliminary testing this morning, I think it may actually be a "front-runner penalty" instead. I'll explain...

I tried hanging back this morning during this particular online race (430 @ Suzuka, S3, Pro) so that I'd be pretty far from the front of the field when starting the second lap. I treated the second lap like a hot lap and was able to hold my line and avoid any drafting interference. I posted a 2:18.5 on that run.

In my second race I actually competed from the start, and ended up in second place with what appeared to be a very good driver about a second ahead of me. He was able to maintain a cushion between us, and I even picked up a little draft during two sections. The time for that lap was 2:22.

Heading over to the Arcade mode, I ran a few laps under the same conditions in time trials, and put up a 2:17. I'd say S3 tires feel as if they provide more grip in this setting than they do if you're running up front in the online event.

I'll try some more testing tonight, and would encourage others to do the same. Essentially I think that everyone starts with S3 tire physics in the online event, but the leaders drop down to S2 or S1 physics if the field spreads out too much.

Whatever it may be, it's a gameplay element that I strongly feel should not find its way into "professional" level events.

Yes exactly, I noticed the same with lap times, though I never tested the times compared to Arcade mode time trial. Good work on that.

Whatever it may be, it's a gameplay element that I strongly feel should not find its way into "professional" level events.

Agreed completely, I hope if we can later make our own servers this will be an option we can remove.

Would you guys rather have your car "castrated"? The 430 on Daytona has been neutered. It bounces off the top of 6th gear at 315 a little over 3/4 down the straights.

I must admit that the current Suzuka races are getting quite good. But twice yesterday I stayed in the back of the pack to watch the chaos on Lap 1 / Turn 1 - and finished with a +20 Second Lead. I was also curious to see if the boost would help those behind me.

It didnt.

At other times the races were much closer, where I don't necessarily finish 1st, but fun nontheless.

The other cool thing I like seeing is the NO-ASSIST-TELL from competitive drivers. I drive without any assist turned on and I noticed for the first time yesterday @ Suzuka another driver (forgot the name) getting sideways thru some turns (appeared to be on purpose), and getting tail-happy under hard acceleration - and most importantly they gave me a good run for the money! What Fun!!!

GG & GR ALL

I keep getting booted out of races just lately , an error box pops up with the yellow triangle. It happens more than 50% of the time , anyone else getting this .

I keep getting booted out of races just lately , an error box pops up with the yellow triangle. It happens more than 50% of the time , anyone else getting this .

affermative....had it couple of times last night and today as well...doesnt seem to make any diff. if there are lots or few poeple racing,very anoying!!:crazy:

It seems the standard of racing is getting better, had many Suzuka races's last night, and some good clean driving from all. Congrats to Mikepoint
from the forums for a good clean race 👍

I seem to remember racing on suzuka against 'The-Beast' the other night. I made a few small errors and he kept it very clean. Slow and steady wins the F430 race:tup:

I seem to remember racing on suzuka against 'The-Beast' the other night. I made a few small errors and he kept it very clean. Slow and steady wins the F430 race:tup:

Yes I remember and you kept it clean too , I also made a mistake on the first lap out braking my self on the final chicane .

Thanks

Thanks tofuman NOT, if that the only way you can pass peeps to punt them off, learn some racing rules, or go and buy burnout paradise on the 25th and leave the true racers to GT5P. If you always race like that then you dont deserve to be on these forums.

Thanks tofuman NOT, if that the only way you can pass peeps to punt them off, learn some racing rules, or go and buy burnout paradise on the 25th and leave the true racers to GT5P. If you always race like that then you dont deserve to be on these forums.

Interesting. I wasn't going to say anything but I remember you punting me off the track last night in a race we were in.

Sometimes the contact can be accidental (with the servers in JPN, and all of us from Europe, and US), but sometimes you can also tell if it wasn't.

I sort of felt like I was used as a brake, it wasn't in the beginning, but in the flowing "S" turn section.

Anyway, I will give the benefit of the doubt to most people, unless I see a pattern emerging with people.

I am sure yours was accidental as you are on this forum quite a bit.

Hi again ZippyUK, I just wanted to say that it was nice of you to wait for me when you bumped me the other night. I didn't immediately get it, and when I did, I tried to pass you, but had to get off my line a little bit and then I lost control of the car, spun out, and hit you and took you off the track as well. Sorry about that! Next time if you accidentally hit me though (of course that will never happen ;) ), I'll understand you didn't do it on purpose, so you can just go on racing and I'll try to catch up!

I think I met Spyrrari a couple of times that night too.

I also always drive without any assists on these races by the way. Shame about the boost, that makes racing here even more complicated without assists.

Was racing the F430 Suzuka race last night and I actually started first one race! :eek:

Pulled away from the pack to open a 12 second lead after one lap. Kept pulling away and by the end of the race all bar one of the other drivers had quit (which I beat by 29 seconds).

I have had some really good, close races though. I wish the race was more like 8 or 10 laps with 16 cars.

Had a couple of races like that tonite!

One, I started 6th out of 7, got through the field by 130R on first lap (with a couple of rammers trying it on in the meantime) only for the whole field to quit, one by one, before the start of the 3rd lap.

Easy but boring money!

Neil

Interesting. I wasn't going to say anything but I remember you punting me off the track last night in a race we were in.

Sometimes the contact can be accidental (with the servers in JPN, and all of us from Europe, and US), but sometimes you can also tell if it wasn't.

I sort of felt like I was used as a brake, it wasn't in the beginning, but in the flowing "S" turn section.

Anyway, I will give the benefit of the doubt to most people, unless I see a pattern emerging with people.

I am sure yours was accidental as you are on this forum quite a bit.

My apologies, i do remember being hit from behind a few times, which in turn i did hit someone, and i also remember spining out a couple of times across the track.
Also in response to Arwin, yes i remember that, i remember why i hit you, but that was my way of saying sorry was to let you pass me.

No problem Zippy.

I know that I didn't hit you as I was ahead at the beginning and able to maintain (one of the first times I could at the beginning).

Hopefully we have more races in the future, and they get better.

Now they just need to fix the boosting issue (or should I say tire change issue during the race).

Now the F430 pro event is what I call racing! S3 tire, pro physics and best of all they kept th player down to just 8.

This event actually have some people that wanted to race properly.

Thanks again to maskrider for updating this post, btw the way can you hook a brother up for a neogaf membership?? ;)

Well what can i say, i finally got into the Fuji race with an Integra, and well it was just like a bumper car race, typical boy racer stuff, makes the F430 racing at Suzuka very professional 👍

Well what can i say, i finally got into the Fuji race with an Integra, and well it was just like a bumper car race, typical boy racer stuff, makes the F430 racing at Suzuka very professional 👍

True,
The Fuji race is one gamble.:scared:or hell on earth.

And the F430 race,every mistake at suzuka is fatal.
Especially when in first position someone taps your rearbumper a tiny bit in the last corner of the race and you find yourself ending up in the sand.

The Eiger race is fun,to bad it is only 2 laps.
Lots of bumping also but tell something new.

The Fuji race is a complete lottery. :yuck: Every corner is a disaster waiting to happen. Even on the long start/finish straight you get barged into the barrier.
Also today had a gaggle of Elise's parking themselves sideways on the straight trying to take people out. :dunce: Is this what Online racing is about?

Eiger is a bit better. I agree with Sjaak. 2 laps is way too short. Should be more like 5.

nige

Back