GT5P Online Race Events Information @ Feb 2, 2008

• Thread starter maskrider
  • 231 comments
OK How the heck do I race!!! I own a R34 Skyline, A EvoXI and an Integra Type R and I still cant race online!!! Is there something I'm missing?

You need the right cars to match the races. PD change the line ups every couple of weeks or so.

nige

New update:

Car Class______Track_____Laps____Racers___Realism___Tires
Evolution X___Suzuka East__5______12____Normal_______S3
Integra_______Fuji GT______3______12____Normal_______S1
Blue_________Suzuka______3______16____Professional___N1
BMW M3____Daytona Road__3______12____Professional___S1

Yay for the Suzuka shortcut. :( I just ran the new pro race there and about half the field was off-roading on lap one. I did, however, note one guy later in the race who came out of the shortcut ghosted. Not sure if they've implemented a penalty or if the entry speed to the oncoming turn caused the ghost.

N1 tires are a real bear, but it does seem to keep most drivers' attention on their own car rather than running through the side of mine. ;)

You need the right cars to match the races. PD change the line ups every couple of weeks or so.

nige

You mean you can't just race any car anytime? PD picks for you. So no voice chat, private lobbies, friend invites, and PD pic the race for you. I'm glad GT5P is just a $40 beta test, but not sure if I will participate much online with these lacking options, just doesn't sound like much fun after spending so much time online in FM2, which has more than enough options. It really is a great looking game, but if PD wants to have the same arrogance about online that Sony had when the PS3 launched, than we are all in for a crappy ride. If PD would just suck up its pride, and apply all the options Turn10, thus learning from their mistakes, we will a great online experience with GT5.

You mean you can't just race any car anytime? PD picks for you. So no voice chat, private lobbies, friend invites, and PD pic the race for you. I'm glad GT5P is just a $40 beta test, but not sure if I will participate much online with these lacking options, just doesn't sound like much fun after spending so much time online in FM2, which has more than enough options. It really is a great looking game, but if PD wants to have the same arrogance about online that Sony had when the PS3 launched, than we are all in for a crappy ride. If PD would just suck up its pride, and apply all the options Turn10, thus learning from their mistakes, we will a great online experience with GT5.

Don't worry (and don't get angry...) From some reports, and even from Yamauchi himself - private lobbies, friends, voice chat and even private leagues will be available in the full GT5 !!!
However, how many of those features to be included in GT5P? this has yet to be known - only time will reveal... My guess (and that's mine only) is that private lobbies will be sometime close (before or after) the the US launch of GT5P.

As cool as that would be to have those in GT5P/GT5

I stil think those features won't be put into place until Home is up and running.
Kind of a chicken and the thing . Which comes first ?

I just finished reading my EGM, and they interviewed a bigwig exec for Sony. He stated that there was one developer that has a big upcoming title that would not include anything to do with Home because of time constraints. Hopefully its MetalGear, or GTA, and not GT5. Still pretty confused about what possible features Home will have, but if it allows the devs easier access to online game options than great. I'm not angry at all that GT5P has a very lacking online experience, I understand why its that way since it is a Beta after all.
It just makes me a bit nervous about PDs online ambitions, since they don't seem to consider or even look at the competition. The same way Sony didn't consider Xbox Live when creating its PSN, but now 1 year later with fans clamouring for many of Xbox Lives features they are trying to fix it. I don't want that to happen to GT5. I would be great for it to come out and have everything it should have in the online department, and have be integrated as well as FM2.
This is just my opinion, but there are many gamers who own both or all three consoles, so that's where I'm coming from, its 2 different vantage points that I draw my conclusions from.

That was kinda weird: I got into a race on Suzuka with 14 other opponents. After one and a half laps all the other 24 cars were parked somewhere along the course, and I got to first place. COOL, moneymaker! But at a few meters before the finishline on the last lap I got kicked-out of the race (some error message). I guess someone had a big laugh (and rightly so).

New update:

Car Class____Track____Laps____Racers_____Realism______Tires
Red______Daytona Oval__5_______16________Normal________S3
White_____Fuji GT_______3_______12________Normal________S2
430______Suzuka_______3________8_______Professional_____S3
Integra____Fuji F________3________12______Professional_____N1

New update:

or.jpg

:cheers:Turbo
Not long before we shall all be able to read the new event information for ourselves.

Thanks for the weekly updates 👍

Back