GT5P Online Race Events Information @ Feb 2, 2008

• Thread starter maskrider
  • 231 comments
for me lotus race is totally waste of time if grid is full.
I'm still begining to every races from last place. doesnt matter how can I be good at that track if first 3 driver are as good as me its not possible to reach them.
I hope that full game or prologue's next updates have a full event online races. 1 lap or 15 min qualification than race! now this is fair.

for me lotus race is totally waste of time if grid is full.
I'm still begining to every races from last place. doesnt matter how can I be good at that track if first 3 driver are as good as me its not possible to reach them.
I hope that full game or prologue's next updates have a full event online races. 1 lap or 15 min qualification than race! now this is fair.

This is why GT5 is not a sim, which is fine.

However, if you can't catch the leader then he is not "as good as" you, but a better driver than you; Because of "boost" the leader of the race will always have slower lap time than 2nd if their skills are identical (that does not even factor in the split stream advantage if you are close enough). Especially with N1 tires, it is even easier to feel the grip level difference between leader and the rest of the field.

My calculation is the boost equates to about 0.5's difference on this particular pro event.

Could anybody check this week update? It should have change by now. I am at work and I did not like the events of last week, I had time to get more golds.

New pro events and time trials are up!

RACES
S-Class @ Daytona - 5 laps, S3 tires & 16 car max
BMW 135i @ Suzuka - 3 laps, N2 & 8 car max

TIME TRIALS
WRX STi @ London Reverse - N3
Mercedes SLK @ Suzuka - S1

Two cars to focus on for Suzuka this week. I am a happy boy. :)

New pro events and time trials are up!

RACES
S-Class @ Daytona - 5 laps & 16 car max
BMW 135i @ Suzuka - 3 laps & 8 car max

TIME TRIALS
WRX STi @ London Reverse
Mercedes SLK @ Suzuka

Two cars to focus on for Suzuka this week. I am a happy boy. :)

Thanks

What about the standart events?

Middle Car Class @ Fuji Speedway GT
- Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06
- Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro '07
- BMW Z4 '03
- Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07
- Honda Integra Type R '04
- Lancia Delta HF Integral '91
- Lotus Elise '96
3 laps
S-3 tyres

obviously a pro race at daytona cant be pro at all. they are a lot of crashes. most of them unfair movements less of them normal race accidents. but both of them cost to race.

135i N2 suzuka race is much more clean but daytone race is more exciting :D

Here's the full list, just a little late. I fell asleep early last night.

Car Class_______Track_______Laps___Racers___Realism____Tires
Yellow______Daytona Oval_____3______16____Normal_______S3
White_______Fuji GT__________3_______8____Normal_______S3
Red_________Daytona Oval____5______16____Professional___S3
BMW 135i___Suzuka___________3______8___Professional____N2

Mini-rant...

Why do they continue to put Suzuka time-trials up where off-roaders rule the top spots? The Suzuka East beginner trial this week is a perfect example... the leaders shave at least 2 seconds off a fast legit lap.

Contrast that with the leaders of the Z06 Pro trial at Suzuka (full circuit) last week. Absolutely insanely skilled driving at the top of the leaderboards.

Daytona is, IMO, simply boring; unless its the road course. Looks like another Suzuka week for me.

Update: The 135i with N2 tires will only reward good driving, this event virtually eliminates the demolition tards.

Nice one PD!

Daytona is, IMO, simply boring; unless its the road course. Looks like another Suzuka week for me.

Update: The 135i with N2 tires will only reward good driving, this event virtually eliminates the demolition tards.

Nice one PD!

Yes, I like the 135i race. My first time I finished 7/8 but the next five times I finished 1st being 30-40 seconds ahead of second place, hopefully more people get online and improve their times for some great races later. I'm just an average player but I was quite shocked how badly everyone was doing.

Rocket Punch, do you try the timetrials? I never see your name on any boards. What times have you got on the new WRX STI London and Mercedes SL 55 Suzuka time trials.

New updates:

Car Class_____________Track________Laps___Racers___Realism___Tires
Audi TT_______________Daytona Oval___5______16_______Normal____S3
Yellow________________Eiger__________5______12_______Normal____N2
Red__________________Daytona Oval___10_____16_____Professional__S3
599/ 430/ Z06/ ISF/ GTS__Suzuka________5______16_____Professional__N2

The pro race is actually (thankfully, LOL) on S tires rather than N-type. Five laps with a 16 car field is fantastic on paper, but this morning I tried it out twice and was met with a lag n' crash festival on turn one and the host quit out early both times... thus ending the race prematurely. I'm hoping for better luck this evening.

On a very positive note, there's an interesting new pro time-trial... GT-R Prototype at Suzuka East on S1's. That's right, this one's limited to only those who have finished the game since that car is the final reward and isn't available for purchase. Kinda neat, but only about 50 times were posted as of this morning. I managed to post a second place time, just one hundredth off the leader. So very close, but plenty of time to run a better lap this week/weekend!

On a very positive note, there's an interesting new pro time-trial... GT-R Prototype at Suzuka East on S1's. That's right, this one's limited to only those who have finished the game since that car is the final reward and isn't available for purchase. Kinda neat, but only about 50 times were posted as of this morning. I managed to post a second place time, just one hundredth off the leader. So very close, but plenty of time to run a better lap this week/weekend!

I was on this morning and haven't noticed that....guess I'll jump on this evening when I get off work

Are the US and UK Test Races unlocked yet?

Here's my take on N Tires: Having high performance/performance cars on "economy" tires (retreads) is just dumb. Yeah, garbage tires are expected on a Yugo. But, to put those tires on a car that has been engineered to perform in both all out power and handling is insulting the engineers. They may as well call them snow tires, they sure act like snow tires on dry pavement.

First place for the moment in the GT-R Proto Online Time Trial... by just 2/1000 of a second!

congrats dude good job.
I'm in 25th place and I strongly need a wheel :S
btw in that time trial you can cut the curve after S curve
its weird. there should be a penalty?

Are the US and UK Test Races unlocked yet?

Here's my take on N Tires: Having high performance/performance cars on "economy" tires (retreads) is just dumb. Yeah, garbage tires are expected on a Yugo. But, to put those tires on a car that has been engineered to perform in both all out power and handling is insulting the engineers. They may as well call them snow tires, they sure act like snow tires on dry pavement.

fully agree with you there dave...2weeks ago i have driven the corvette for real(it was a black one with also black wheels....bad ass car!!!)and i was absolutely amazed by the grip the tyres have!!!!i meen,sure when you stand on the throttle suddenly and hard the tyres whil loose their grip,but this comes much later that i expected........than,when i compair this to gt5p the only tyre that comes close is a s3!!!!......so yes,i think the n tyres should not be allowed on supercars beceause they are not made for them!!.........the tyres that where on the corvette i drove cost about 500dollar a piece,so you can never say these are "normal" tyres..........you could almost say the n tyres on a supercar in gt5p feels a bit like driving in the rain.....:sly:

Today i play the game for the first time ONLINE. And first I try out the Japanese servers, and it took a while to load. Then I noticed at the bottom of the page a US and European servers. I went to the US one and it was a breeze in Loading time. but server only supported 2 players. I guess they are testing out US and Euro servers for the upcoming release :)

I guess they are testing out US and Euro servers for the upcoming release :)

Yeah, a recent update of the official Gran Turismo website mentions later updates which are also for the upcoming EU and US releases.

I tried 5-6 times but I couldnt race today around 17:00 GMT+2
there are too many people at these hours.
I guess its japanese play times before they go to the bed (23:00 - 24:00)
and that means I want play online at 17:00. But I cant. solution is region locked server after EU/USA release?

tonight server's healths are very very bad
I have disconnected from 2 (3 for now) suzuka pro race in lap 4 :(
and 2 min ago after the race start everywhere were smoked and everybody crashed. Ive never seen such a lag like that.

Latest Posts

Back