GT5P Online Race Events Information @ Feb 2, 2008

• Thread starter maskrider
  • 231 comments
can somebody explain to me why I always have to start from back of the grid? I'm serious, ALWAYS!

It probably has to do with one's distance from PD's servers. We really don't know. It is the Japanese version after all.

Pro Daytona is another crash fest. Anyone can easily win with Stability control on, the first turn alone will gain you seconds. Not to mention the chicane.

Update:

The starting of the Daytona race is as unrealistic as you can get. Not only cars are not in drivers control until the car got pass the start/finish line and the difference between the pole car and the 16th cars is 18+ seconds; Now factor in the fact that the pole car can starts to accelerate for 18+ seconds before you do.

In an "actual race" with rolling start, the race begins when the green flag drops and everybody goes....

This might already be old new for you guys, so instead of making a new thread (which will probably gets locked). I will post what I've posted on the other site. MaskedRider already did the piece that answers the "yellow" name issue.

Disclaimer: The following translation is to the best of my knowledge, which might contain mistakes. Under no circumstances shall I be liable for any consequential or incidental damages whatsoever arising out of the use of his translation. Mods feel free to exercise your powers to lock if it has already been posted or move if you find a better place for it. Enjoy!

----------------------------

PD has an update (01/24/08) on the FAQ and should answer some of the questions that players might have. See this link here for the original FAQ, I did my best to translate it below:

Q: Why is my ID displayed in yellow during online play?
A: This is cause by a bug in the programming and will be fixed in later updates.

Q: An error occurs sometimes during update
A: If an error occurs during update, you can relaunch the update again and it will resume the updating without downloading it from the beginning again.

Q: An error occur during online race "match making"
A: GT5P put all player through a "match making" process during online play to ensure the quality of game play. During the "match making" process if the host is deem not suitable for a player, the player will encounter an error. (Rocket's notes: please do under stand that anyone playing the GT5P now are playing a version that is not intended to be played outside the Asia region. Believe it or not, online game are actually hosted by an individual player and not in a bunch of servers in a central location. This should be much less of a problem when the game is launch in EU and USA, as you will more likely be matched up with a host that is from your region.)

Q: Will the current penalty system be improved?
A: There has been many requests by player to improve the penalty for both online and time trial play. This will require modifications to the code itself and will be updated according in the future.

Q: Short cuts can be taken in many courses, WTF? (ok, I add the "WTF" in myself)
A: We are very sorry for the inconvenience and are current working on a fix for it.

The last question is about the new test events for EU and NA region, PD just to let the Japanese play know that it is a test event for overseas (to them) players.

this evening (CET) i had some nice races on daytona with rocketpunch, roadrunner383 (problems with the old vette ;-) ) and some other guys that always drove fair and fast.

hey, i did manage a few wins, even with the "old vette"!
it was a blast, it was good to see you guys too.

b
aka roadrunner383

Event updated!

Pro race with 96 Elise on Eiger, 8 player. I say 8 player is too much, given the how under power the car is, the last people on the grid have no fighting chance unless people in front are really crappy.

New Pro Time Trial event is interesting... Corvette Z06 @ Suzuka with S3 tires. I don't think short-cutting will become an issue since that car is such a beast to handle on the road let alone in grass without racing tires. Let's hope!

I'll put some time (as available... work is nuts right now!) into this one. I doubt you'll see me much at Eiger with the Lotus.

I'm sure you''re right:) You'd be very brave (and stupid) to try and cut across the grass:tdown: Very challenging which is great!

The one thing I don't understand is why the Eiger Nordwand race is only 3 laps! The F430 race and daytona RC were ok coz they're much longer tracks but surely it should be at least 5:grumpy: As rocketpunch pointed out, it's gonna be very difficult to pull of a win if you start at/near the back, although the elise won't be easy to handle:sly:

Car Class______Track_______Laps___Racers____Realism_____Tires
Yellow________Suzuka East____3_____8_______Normal _____S3
White_________Daytona Oval__5_____16_______Normal_____S3
Renault Clio____Fuji GT _______2_____16_______Normal_____S2
'96 Lotus Elise _Eiger__________3_____8______Professional __S1

The 2 Daytona tests are still there.

Car Class______Track_______Laps___Racers____Realism_____Tires
Yellow________Suzuka East____3_____8_______Normal _____S3
White_________Daytona Oval__5_____16_______Normal_____S3
Renault Clio____Fuji GT _______2_____16_______Normal_____S2
'96 Lotus Elise _Eiger__________3_____8______Professional __S1

The 2 Daytona tests are still there.

Do you mind if I go ahead and post it over on the PS.com GT board?

Nevermind, I've got it. There is no organized thread for it, but there is about to be.

Anyone having problems getting into the US Test Race at the big D?

Yup. Europe, too. Some type of error message pops up when the races are selected.

I gave the Lotus pro race a shot and doubt I'll return to it. Too tight of quarters for such a short race (plus the rolling start, ugh). The Clio semi-pro race is OK, but there's plenty of folks taking the wide turns. Overall the selection is somewhat of a letdown this week. I wish they'd do at least one open race and one model-specific race for each difficulty level each week.

The Suzuka Z06 time trial is indeed extremely challenging. I'm up to 25th in the rankings but can't seem to put together a perfect lap. It seems there's always one corner that I get sloppy with.

i might join online play for tonight, it be my first time.. im scared people will ram me out of corners.. but lets see what happens

i might join online play for tonight, it be my first time.. im scared people will ram me out of corners.. but lets see what happens

Cool :)
On the less powered cars, there are a lot of bumping in to each other, no biggy. But, if they bump in to you when you driving S class (Ferrari, Nissan GT-R etc) then you will fly out of the track. Just try to stay away from them because they usually drive off the track.

On Daytona Road Course (Last Week's Event) - I always started last (16) and ended up second or third. Yes, there was like a 10 - 15 second gap to first driver. I drove past 2 - 5, rest was people that drove off the track.

Heads up folks... they changed the Pro Elise race to 5 laps on N1 tires (last night it was 3 laps on S tires). Makes things a little bit more competitive but it's still hard as heck to pull off a clean pass against a good racer.

Heads up folks... they changed the Pro Elise race to 5 laps on N1 tires (last night it was 3 laps on S tires). Makes things a little bit more competitive but it's still hard as heck to pull off a clean pass against a good racer.

lol, nice!

I got my first place in first race in lotus event but I miss daytona race. this new one is a bit boring

Event updated!

Pro race with 96 Elise on Eiger, 8 player. I say 8 player is too much, given the how under power the car is, the last people on the grid have no fighting chance unless people in front are really crappy.
I don't agree. Low power cars on tyres that don't offer much grip reward a driver with skill and finesse. 5 laps is a decent length race and it is possible to win from 8th place on the starting grid. But in a race of this nature it is a lot more about being smooth, making a few good clean passes, not necessarily winning. And hey, it's a Pro race after all, so expect some good drivers out there!

I don't agree. Low power cars on tyres that don't offer much grip reward a driver with skill and finesse. 5 laps is a decent length race and it is possible to win from 8th place on the starting grid. But in a race of this nature it is a lot more about being smooth, making a few good clean passes, not necessarily winning. And hey, it's a Pro race after all, so expect some good drivers out there!

At the time I posted it, it was a 3 lap, s1 race. There is a reason why they change it after one day.

Now it is much easier to tell the better drivers from the not so good.

Light weight, low power cars are is easy to drive if you pair it with high grip tires. Braking, throttle can easily be "fudged" and suffer relatively less consequences if you over do it with higher grip tires. With N1 tires now, there are much less tolerance if you missed the brake zone and require more finesse on throttle and steering; this rewards drivers that are consistent and at the same time any mistakes are amplified. 👍

Back