GT5P vs. Forza 2: Video Comparison

• Thread starter unimental
  • 100 comments
Good Proof that even on TV it does not look that good. Fix your Lighting in GT5P. Seems kinda bad.. too bluish?

Why not? It's true. The 360 could not handle games like GT5P or MGS4 without a significant downgrade in graphics. Games that are made exclusively for PS3 will continue to pull away graphically from anything the 360 can handle.

Forza 2 runs at 1280x720 with only 8 cars on track

GT5P, which is not even the full game, runs at 1280x1080p with 16 cars on track

That should be proof enough in the large gulf between the PS3 and 360

And thanks for the pics Zer0. I'm not sure how anyone could say Forza 2 even comes close to GT5P's graphics. Maybe they just prefer the graphics style of Forza over GT's.

The most concerning thing about what you guys are talking about is that you seem to care more about the details off the track. When I'm racing I rarely, if ever, pay attention to buildings and other things along the side of the track. If you want to drive cars and admire scenery get TD:U.

But forza came out before GT5P so theres going to be a difference in graphics

It's a big difference that should prove difficult for Forza to overcome in Forza 3 :)

Look at Zer0'S comparison pics one page back.

Look at how sad the Forza shadows look like compared to GT5P's. Look at the detail in the shadow from the GT5P car while the Forza 2 car's shadow is just a blur.

Also notice the bridge's shadow.

EDIT: Also one of them got the position of the sun right. I'm inclined to think it was GT5P

But forza came out before GT5P so theres going to be a difference in graphics

Even if FORZA 3 will come out. It still wont look as good as GT5P.
Whats the Recent game PGR4? It still don't look as GT5P even tho main aspect of that game is Graphics as well.

The most concerning thing about what you guys are talking about is that you seem to care more about the details off the track. When I'm racing I rarely, if ever, pay attention to buildings and other things along the side of the track. If you want to drive cars and admire scenery get TD:U.

When you buy a SIM racing game, It is really important. Fell of the track and everything. Especially when Proportions of Forza road/track is out of proportions. Turns are too wide, too narrow, or just awkward. GT5P is not perfect, but looking at the pics, seems about right.
Having a realistic looking, and with realistic turns is as important as driving a realistic car.

When you buy a SIM racing game, It is really important. Fell of the track and everything. Especially when Proportions of Forza road/track is out of proportions. Turns are too wide, too narrow, or just awkward. GT5P is not perfect, but looking at the pics, seems about right.
Having a realistic looking, and with realistic turns is as important as driving a realistic car.

I'm pretty sure the main focus of a Sim game is the physics of the vehicle and making them feel realistic. Honestly if you care more about the little details off the track then how the game feels to drive you are probably playing it for all the wrong reasons. And why nitpick little things like this? Do you really care if a building is in the wrong place?

Also how many of us have ever been on these tracks to know which game is more accurate? I'm going to guess not many.

I think this is a good point.

I remember someone sayng that they can't drive a building

But, in my opinion the GT5P tracks look superb outisde of Suzuka.

They're extrordinary to look at in replay mode, except for Suzuka. I think Suzuka may have been the first track they made for GT5 or its a conversion of the GT4 track.

Daytona oval and road, HSR, Eiger, Fuji and London all are superb, sharp, crisp, beautiful looking tracks.

I'm pretty sure the main focus of a Sim game is the physics of the vehicle and making them feel realistic. Honestly if you care more about the little details off the track then how the game feels to drive you are probably playing it for all the wrong reasons. And why nitpick little things like this? Do you really care if a building is in the wrong place?

Also how many of us have ever been on these tracks to know which game is more accurate? I'm going to guess not many.

But the point of simulation makes you feel like you are there. Simulation does not mean good or bad physics.

Even thought I think your a bit biased now and then old pal, I have to agree 1000% here. That was a huge disappointment in FM1 and still in FM2, that some tracks " Ring " were just off. I also agree with you that FM3 won't look as good as GT5P, but I know it will have a superior online play, career mode and sound. Everything can be perfect, it just takes buying two games to get it.:dopey:

After seeing this video and hearing the sound I'm convinced the battle might be over (reference to the old thread on this subject).

Here's the video that gives makes me want a PS3 all that much more...

I'll be looking forward to Forza 3 increasing the ante. 👍 Of course, that's being hopeful despite my bad experience with FM1 (still don't have a 360 so I can't comment on FM2).

I'll be looking forward to Forza 3 increasing the ante. 👍

IMO that can't happen until Forza (xbox) supports a good 900 degree wheel with clutch and H pattern.

After seeing this video and hearing the sound I'm convinced the battle might be over (reference to the old thread on this subject).

Here's the video that gives makes me want a PS3 all that much more...

I'll be looking forward to Forza 3 increasing the ante. 👍 Of course, that's being hopeful despite my bad experience with FM1 (still don't have a 360 so I can't comment on FM2).

Great vid. thanks for that.

1 question, at 2:52-2:54 in the vid, is the guy trail braking into 130R?

I don't think Forza Motorsport was the competition PD had in mind when it started working on GT5. Instead, I'd say they had games like GT Legends in mind when they started working on the new game. Just look at the video I provided... Does that look like competition to Forza or competition to GTL? I'd say GTL along with Rfactor and Live4Speed.

Just my take on things but I don't think Forza 2 even made a blip on PD's radar. Of course, that's just my opinion based on GT5P. Once GT5 comes out I may have to change my mind if there are any major custom livery options.

I agree, but rFactor and Live for speed PWNS down Forza anytime ;)

When Kaz is interview, he never mentions other games as competition, even if someone mentioned Forza. He awlays speaks about REAL life competition, and improving on older games. He mentions that there are things that GT does well, and there are other things that Other racing sim games do well.
I like that he is open mined and not keeping competitions.

Anyone who thinks Forza is better than GT5p and speculating GT5 also has somthing wrong with them. ive completed GT5p and Forza 2 Forza has nothing on GT5.

For everyones convenience... :)

Bumper-cam view GT5P & F2

TV Camera view GT5P & F2

Robin

whoa ! the engine and exhaust sound of the corvette in GT5 is horrible, it sounds like some family car driving through a tunnel, totally gutted ! :crazy:

In Forza 2 it sounds beautiful. :)

Replays no brainer GT5 👍

GT5P has more HIGH def sound.
Forza just uses those cheap ones and just making you THINK it is better.

Besides, this is OLDER video of the Vette not the new patch with improved sounds.

GT5p picture quality is wwll ahead of Forza2.

But forza 2 iss MILES & MILES ahead when it comes down to engine sound!!

GT5 Prologue is miles and miles before FULL improved GT5 ;) I do not know why we compare those two haha

It's always good idea to call someone a fan boy because of what he thinks.
Have you guys play with new SOUND updates? Sound heck better then forza.
JOS maybe I should call you a fan boy in return?
NEH.

When it comes to the detail grade of cars: GT5P is in the lead

Chevrolet Corvette Z06
From left to right: FM2, GT5:P, PGR4

Forza 2 vs. GT5:P

Lancia Delta Integrale

I took the pictures from a HD-Ready 32" Toshiba LCD with a 3.2 Megapixel Sony Camera in January 2008. :( In the meantime I do own a Full HD-TV but I sold my X360. No more new shots from me ;)
I prefer GT5 Prologue from the 3 tested games. It just looks fantastic in 1080p! Thats why I sold the X360 and kept the PS3 ;)

Some shots from Tracks, not aaccurate from the same spot, sorry!

PGR4 vs. GT5P at London

Forza 2 vs. GT5P at Suzuka

I know its still early days for GT5P but I think the road surface detailing, like the tires marks and dirt looks better in F2 because GT5P's is just shiny and one colour pretty much, I still also think the cars engine sounds are better in F2 despite the improvements PD have made, not everyone has a HD surround sound system you know!

As for everything else GT5P wins hands down...

Robin

With those pictures, GT5P just PWNS Froza and all its competition... Oh yeah, GT5P does not have any competition. PD team never say they compete with other games, Microsoft said that Forza was made to compete...
That's why I prefer SONY over Microsoft.

Latest Posts

Back