GT5P vs. Forza 2: Video Comparison

• Thread starter unimental
  • 100 comments
Its even easier to tell with these screenshots.

Forza 2
k9jh3p.jpg

GT5p
r8_front.jpg

Real life

audi_r8_2_01.jpg

Sorry about the massive size.

Forza 2's are by no means bad but its pretty hard to argue that they stack up against the graphics or car moddling in GT5p.

I know its still early days for GT5P but I think the road surface detailing, like the tires marks and dirt looks better in F2 because GT5P's is just shiny and one colour pretty much, I still also think the cars engine sounds are better in F2 despite the improvements PD have made, not everyone has a HD surround sound system you know!

As for everything else GT5P wins hands down...

Robin

I second that. Also sometimes the hardcut rev limiter in GT5p sounds crap compared to FM2 and the load characteristics of the engines are getting better but no where near FM2's.That said I wait with baited breath!

Yeah, comparing a game released in June 2007 to one released in March 2008? It's pretty obvious which one will look better. :lol:

As it stands, Forza is ahead in terms of online play, sounds and customisation. And even damage, despite how poor it is. GT5 will obviously look better, it's had more time spent on it and Forza 2 is a full game that was out almost an entire year ahead of what is, essentially, a demo. GT5 is ahead on physics and looks, easily, but the sound (which is a very important thing in a car) is still lacking behind and online play is still a disaster, even with the ghosting system.

Having heard GT5 may not be released until 2010 surely it would be better to wait and compare it to Forza 3 once it's released? That way we will have two full games released at roughly the same time (No release date on Forza 3 but it's estimated at late 2009) to compare fairly!

Yeah, comparing a game released in June 2007 to one released in March 2008? It's pretty obvious which one will look better. :lol:

As it stands, Forza is ahead in terms of online play, sounds and customisation. And even damage, despite how poor it is. GT5 will obviously look better, it's had more time spent on it and Forza 2 is a full game that was out almost an entire year ahead of what is, essentially, a demo. GT5 is ahead on physics and looks, easily, but the sound (which is a very important thing in a car) is still lacking behind and online play is still a disaster, even with the ghosting system.

Having heard GT5 may not be released until 2010 surely it would be better to wait and compare it to Forza 3 once it's released? That way we will have two full games released at roughly the same time (No release date on Forza 3 but it's estimated at late 2009) to compare fairly!

Another thing to add is that you can't use high quality steering wheel/shifter/pedals with Forza 2. Although this is mainly because of xbox 360 limitations, it doesn't help the game in the least. If Forza 3 is released on the 360 and MS is still adamant about what steering wheel can be used on the 360 (or the 720), the game will suffer. It's sad really, that with so many high quality wheels out there, driving games on the 360 like the upcoming Race Pro, have to use an average quality wheel like the MS wireless wheel.
To me, it would be a wise choice for Turn 10 to either wait until the next generation xbox is announced or have MS or Logitech build a new, better wheel to go with Forza 3.

I played Forza 2, it's by no mean a bad game since there are alot of nice touches compared to GT5P (such as advance customisation and online private rooms). But I always felt Forza 2 was pretty bland in presentation, graphics felt to generic and lacks that polish compared to GT5P, particularly when seeing the replays. Driving Forza also felt comparatively light to GT5P, one of my friend who owns a X360 decided to play on my PS3 with GT5P and said it noticeably felt a lot heavier to handle on corners.

Comparing a game which costs half the price to one which is priced like a normal game, surely its obvious which one will... oh wait.

New games don't neccessarily look better (RSV2 V COD4 anyone?). I do agree with you though that there's little point comparing a new large demo, to an old full game, which are on different consoles, for obvious reasons, but people will still compare. We had this issue with the GT5P Vs GRiD thread. It's going to happen like it or not. At least with GRiD V GT5P you could be considering buying both generally, only the richer or luckier will have both consoles to make this choice, and if they have both consoles they can buy both games!

Even if Forza 3 will come out it will not match to PGR or GT5 game. Same goes for SIMULATION.

GT5 Prologue is miles and miles before FULL improved GT5 ;) I do not know why we compare those two haha

Because they're both out now. GT5 wont be out until Forza 3 comes out, so why not compare? We've got a year still!

At least we're not comparing GT4 to Forza 2 (what we used to do with no GT5p showings).

GT5p has at least made HUGE strides in car physics. And is as good as Forza2's now. GT5p's sound is still sub par, but also has come a long way from GT4. I doubt they will change much of the bad sounds in the coming year.

Last edited:
Two things about the comparison pics.

1) In the second set of Vette shots, the GT5P version looks like it would belong on a Corvette brochure!
2) I love how on PGR4's Lancia Delta they just stuck a US dimensioned license plate haphazardly over the smaller/wider Euro license plate area.

Back