GT5's reaction to EA's lock down on Porsche, Pagani Huayra, etc.

• Thread starter pasigiri
  • 626 comments
marchi
You can point out T10, but they shift half as many games, thus, their profit margins on actual games are lowered hence the reason they chuck out a new version every two years.

It still baffles me that people are willing to shell out for every track back in Forza, despite the fact they'll be effectively buying twice within that period. DLC is not a bad thing, but like with EA and Tigerwoods and COD, T10 milk it for all it's worth.

Mh its the Same in GT. They released GT Prologue Beetween the 5-6 years of GT5 Development. And you forgot that GT was (or still is) a more known franchise and they Sold more Prologue and GT5 copies.

If you buy GT5 and have GT1-4 already you would buy the Standard Cars more than twice.

And if you buy GT6 you would buy the GT5 Content and all DLC again.

PD and Turn10 are equel in Terms of Financial Things And how they handle it :)

Once again, a blog from PD would answer all of this speculation and guessing.

"Yeah we're working on Porsche guys, please bear with us"
"Porsche isn't happeneing any time soon but we're modelling some new RUF cars for the future"
"No Porsche for the foreseeable future and unfortunately no new RUF cars either because...."

I know it's not likely to happen any time soon though.

ZoidFile
Its possible that Turn10 holds a grip on this licence too and PD was only able to re-licence the RUFs from GT4.

No. Its not possible. PD just dont have the Time or interest in Design the RUF's.
GT is more Asia interested.

Its PD's fault :)

Turn10 dont want to integrate RUF. They designed Porsche Cars instead. Sadly EA dont allow them to use Porsche. Now they can.

RUF was a placeholder.

I am a big time Porsche fan, both their street cars and their race cars, past and present.. so FM4 getting the Porsche pack is a big smile on my face. I just really REALLY hope that GT5 also gets a Porsche pack of some sort, even if we finally see just a small handful. Hoping GT5 but will be fine if it only comes in GT6.

There's two things in play here.

One sony and kaz probably think it's costs them too much to license porsche. The gains are not worth the price of entry.

two, perceived lack of interest. Kaz, might be under the mistaken allusion that porsche license aint that big of a deal for GT fans. Remember spa? PD had no problems in going after it. The fanbase wanted spa for a long time and kaz probably said to sony 'get me that track'

There's two things in play here.

One sony and kaz probably think it's costs them too much to license porsche. The gains are not worth the price of entry.

two, perceived lack of interest. Kaz, might be under the mistaken allusion that porsche license aint that big of a deal for GT fans. Remember spa? PD had no problems in going after it. The fanbase wanted spa for a long time and kaz probably said to sony 'get me that track'

Don't think its lack of interest. Lack of legal resources (because I bet EA/Porsche contract is tricky and very complicated) could be it.

Interest I bet PD & Kaz have a lot. Remember, they put a hidden Porsche GT3 on Gran Turismo 3. And Kaz owned (or own) one itself.

Or they can simply be holding some for GT6. How much time we had to wait to first see a Lamborghini or Ferrari in GT? Took a lot of time.

Don't think its lack of interest. Lack of legal resources (because I bet EA/Porsche contract is tricky and very complicated) could be it.

Interest I bet PD & Kaz have a lot. Remember, they put a hidden Porsche GT3 on Gran Turismo 3. And Kaz owned (or own) one itself.

Or they can simply be holding some for GT6. How much time we had to wait to first see a Lamborghini or Ferrari in GT? Took a lot of time.

Link please.

ch3ng
You are wrong. Turn10 owns the exclusiv Ferrari license on console.
They allowed EA, Sony, ... to use it. They mentioned that exclusiv Manufacture Deals are worse for Gamer.

Why was there no PS3 or even PC DLC for Shift 1 Ferraris then? Still haven't found an answer for that.

ItsHim
Why was there no PS3 or even PC DLC for Shift 1 Ferraris then? Still haven't found an answer for that.

Thats not MS fault. EA made Shift and support the Game. And Sony, MS made exclusiv Deals. But you can't compare exclusiv Deals with Manufacture Deals.

Why some People want to find reason for Sony Problems at MS or other companys?

Every companie Makes Bad decission including Sony.

Last edited:
No. Its not possible. PD just dont have the Time or interest in Design the RUF's.
GT is more Asia interested.

I too have a feeling that its true. GT5 has sold 7 times as many copies in the ROW as it has in Asia and Japan.

PD are technical geniuses but they really should learn a lesson from GT:PSP, it's the best racing game on PSP but IMHO it epitomizes everything that wrong with PD.

diegorborges
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvleGFf-5ww">YouTube Link</a>
Porsche starts at around 1:14... :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg6n36EMUBk">YouTube Link</a>

Renews my interest in Midfield returning.

I remember Hot Pursuit being good from when I played it a few months ago, but all the other NFS games I've played have been terrible.

I think locking down is just sad..
If you want people to buy your game,you have to make it ultimately good and not taking away pleasure from other games :)

All in all, bullying everyone to play your game (NFS) by making sure no other game developer can have a Porsche or Pagani or whatever just screams an inability to innovate. And I'm sorry, as for real racing on a console, GT5 and Forza takes it. That NFS and Shift stuff is all arcade.

You nailed it.

As much as i may get flamed and probably be called a heretic I will actually say that I hope PD and T10 will work together to make the best racing sim possible. I think that would create a game with the best of both games(forza and gt).

You won't get flamed (except maybe by those who think you can only support a single franchise), and while mixing the best bits of both would result in a freakishly awesome console racing sim, I think there's about as much chance of that happening as there is Steve McQueen popping up from his current nap to do a Bullitt sequel.

^Very true. I dont see McQueen waking up anytime soon. James Dean would have to come back and get back his Little Bastard and join in for a race.

I don't need Porsche, give me all the historic and present RUFs in premium glory....
Don't need Huayra either, if they can get Zonda F / 750 RS n make it sound 85% as close as in real life. I won't miss the Huayra.

Pretty sure they Hyura isn't locked down like others have said in this thread months prior. Actually I know it's not because Project CARS is getting it.

Just a question to everyone what difference does it make wanting porsche when rufs look similar.

To be able to test drive a car that you might want in real life. RUFs are ridiculously expensive compared to Porsches and niche thing.

Back