GT5's reaction to EA's lock down on Porsche, Pagani Huayra, etc.

• Thread starter pasigiri
  • 626 comments
Raitziger
To be able to test drive a car that you might want in real life. RUFs are ridiculously expensive compared to Porsches and niche thing.

Then shouldnt we be happier with the more expensive rufs? Rather than porsches?

If ruf raced GTE and GTAM as well as GT3 and had plans to go back to Le Mans, had the biggest Le Mans lineage and some of the most iconic cars. Perhaps it would be asked for. It's like wanting sugar but instead settling for splenda.

Just a question to everyone what difference does it make wanting porsche when rufs look similar.

that's because for most people, Ruf isn't enough. They want the original. They want to drive actual Porsche cars, not transformed and renamed cars. There are a lot of great Porsche cars besides the iconic 911: the 959, 928, the legendary 917, Cayman S, just to name a few. I've always wanted to drive a Porsche 911 997 GT3 RS in a racing sim. No, I'm not gonna buy Shift 2 and no, I don't have money to buy an X360 and FM4.

If EA will develop another NFS title like Porsche Unleashed, it definely worth EA to hold the exclusive license of Porsche; but if they keep using Porsche license to do some THE RUN staff, then Porsche must cancel the exclusive license, as it isn't helping Porsche to gain reputation, it just distorying Porsche's reputation.

fbccars924
As much as i may get flamed and probably be called a heretic I will actually say that I hope PD and T10 will work together to make the best racing sim possible. I think that would create a game with the best of both games(forza and gt).

I wouldn't like it. People offen forget that competition is the best thing for customer. The products/Games wouldn't be Good if they haven't competition.

The company's have to develop New Things and quality products, because the "Fight" with other companies about the Consumer auttention.
No competition is very Bad for a consumer.

If we would have only 1 Racing Game the Customer would buy it anyway. If we have 2 Racing Games the consumer often buy's the best One in his/her opinion. That means the companies have to increase the quality and so on to sell more copies.

pCARS will be a Great Racing SIM.

Last edited:
=drifting24/7=
that's because for most people, Ruf isn't enough. They want the original. They want to drive actual Porsche cars, not transformed and renamed cars. There are a lot of great Porsche cars besides the iconic 911: the 959, 928, the legendary 917, Cayman S, just to name a few. I've always wanted to drive a Porsche 911 997 GT3 RS in a racing sim. No, I'm not gonna buy Shift 2 and no, I don't have money to buy an X360 and FM4.

Fair point and everyone else who answered me they are fair points.

Shift 2 doesn't even drive good.

With the steering lag and sliding, it's impossible to drive anything fast, and Porsches included.

^actually RUF is a tuner of Porsche(think AMG to Mercedes) RUF. a RUF BTR 86' is actually an 86' 911

that's wrong!

RUF is a independently german automobile manufacturer since 1981....

A RUF BTR86' has nothing to do with a 86' 911, only the vehicle body is nearly the same

breakbeatfreak
that's wrong!

RUF is a independently german automobile manufacturer since 1981....

If they are independant why do they share the same shape as porsche?

thelvynau
If they are independant why do they share the same shape as porsche?

A bit like a Michael Jackson tribute artist really.
RUF are there own entity. Just borrowing the chassis (Makeup).

LMSCorvetteGT2
That's just the body, but they are a German Manufacture that is independant and seen as such by the German Government.

Hmmmm interesting I would have thought porsche would be pissed off at the copies then again imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

thelvynau
Hmmmm interesting I would have thought porsche would be pissed off at the copies then again imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Your talking about a brand that signed exclusively to EA.
I don't think they care.

Spagetti69
Your talking about a brand that signed exclusively to EA.
I don't think they care.

I guess not then they must be content for a company to be making a profit off their designs.

And before anyone says its their own performance design im talking looks.

thelvynau
I guess not then they must be content for a company to be making a profit off their designs.

And before anyone says its their own performance design im talking looks.

I totally agree. Up and coming stars/reality show stuff sign away there rights to get there step on the ladder.

Established brands signing off there rights is crazy. MLB, Premiership, NFL etc are a collective and I can see benefits for both party's.

Not in this case though.

RUF is getting the car bodys directly from Porsche, so there is no reason for Porsche to be pissed. And it is also not imitation because the body parts are actually original Porsche parts.

It´s the same with ALPINA. Which are building their own cars with BMW parts.

RUF is a registered manufacturer in Germany. And the cars get their VIN from RUF. RUF is not a tuner which just change parts. They build new cars. They don´t rip Porsches apart.

Gran Turismo series > Need For Speed series (post underground 2)

Pd reacted to the EA licensing by releasing a much better title than all EA titles released at a similar time (or time period e.g. The Run, Shift 2 etc)

[QUOTEmonK;7094927]No. As far as we know their reaction to this is still the same, nothing.[/QUOTE]

I believe Kazonori owns a 911 GT3 ... you would think PD would work harder at getting the deal Turn 10 did. I am hoping it will happen for Gt6.

Here's a letter i sent to Ruf GmbH.

Dear Ruf,

I am writing to express my love for your cars as both a mature driver and also an avid player of the Gran Turismo Real Driving Simulator game by Polyphony Digital. I have no idea as to the relationship you have with PD but as some of your cars are included in the game (BTR, CTR, RGT) i was wondering if there is a way to appeal to you that you be featured as a "Premium" manufacturer. I would dearly love to drive your exciting models such as the RT12, CTR 3 and RGT 8 and feel that if they were offered in the game as a future DLC Pack for GT5 there would be a greater appreciation for your mark in the digital market which of course now consists of not only teenagers but mature individuals with the capability to make purchase decisions based on reviewing the dynamic character of your cars in this digital form.

I hope this letter can find it's way to the ears of the right person within your company to facilitate talks with Polyphony Digital to bring about such an exciting opportunity for the many admirers of your mark.

Sincerely

I hope it serves as at least a little reminder that there is still interest in this matter.

consciousness
Here's a letter i sent to Ruf GmbH.

Dear Ruf,

I am writing to express my love for your cars as both a mature driver and also an avid player of the Gran Turismo Real Driving Simulator game by Polyphony Digital. I have no idea as to the relationship you have with PD but as some of your cars are included in the game (BTR, CTR, RGT) i was wondering if there is a way to appeal to you that you be featured as a "Premium" manufacturer. I would dearly love to drive your exciting models such as the RT12, CTR 3 and RGT 8 and feel that if they were offered in the game as a future DLC Pack for GT5 there would be a greater appreciation for your mark in the digital market which of course now consists of not only teenagers but mature individuals with the capability to make purchase decisions based on reviewing the dynamic character of your cars in this digital form.

I hope this letter can find it's way to the ears of the right person within your company to facilitate talks with Polyphony Digital to bring about such an exciting opportunity for the many admirers of your mark.

Sincerely

I hope it serves as at least a little reminder that there is still interest in this matter.

Good letter, but I think the major problem is on the PD. Even RUF really talk to PD but PD doesn't want to spend time to make some new RUF for GT5, we still don’t have a chance to enjoy new RUF in GT5...

well if they did create a line of RUFs I wouldnt be disappointed they look just as good as a porsche and from what i see they have the same body just different name.

Latest Posts

Back