GT6 1.21 Updated Sound Thread

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 295 comments
When PD can get in car sounds like this for a modded LS7 powered car (heads, cam, headers & intake) then I will take their "sound engineering" seriously - all the intellectual audio technical mental gymnastics means nothing if the result does not sound like the real thing.... And before the resident boffin checks in and says that a single channel camcorder mic does not produce a proper audio replication - that's the point really, a camcorder recording sounds closer to reality than the nonsense Kaz tries to palm off as "real sounds"

Has the Renault Mégane R.S. Trophy '11 been mentioned yet? Its sound is completely different now.
List update:

Megane R. S. Throphy '11
Megane R. S' 08
Shelby Spercharged Series One
Ford RS200

Also the general changes for all cars.
There have been no changes in the sound of Megane RS throphy '11.

Last edited:
how it sounds on his PS3 through his system compared with how it sounds on your system then recorded with a phone then back on his headphones.....

Well lucky for you guys, my HD PVR2 has arrived so I'll get a direct capture and will post it here.

No offense to you @JTB10000 , but people tend to prefer direct capture just to be absolutely sure.

I can hear a difference... May I suggest you close your eyes if you're having trouble... Anyway, I do hear a difference, but I can't exactly put my finger on it. I mean, I hear less "whine"...that every present vacuum cleaner whine. The new sound is definitely deeper.

It sounds similar to the Project CARS Megane, though this GT6 one sounds way smoother.

The sample I rate is correct. It's just the mixing that has to be tweaked.

Good amount of airy exhaust volume with a good amount of exhaust tone. I'd reduce the airiness a bit though.

If logic had any factor in these updated sounds, PD would keep the V8 sample in the Pikes Peak, while the other two concepts have the V10. Idk because I haven't tested it yet.
Tested today, it uses the same sound as the SL600/65. I'm not sure if before footage exists for those three cars for GT6 even though the pre 1.21 sounds are the same as in GT5, but I can provide 1.21 footage if necessary.

Admittingly, its out of sync for some reason but its there.

I dunno about Hauppage but that tends to happen if you have capture settings that are too high for your PC to handle.

Could also be audio related. Check your wires I guess.

Ruf BTR sounds MILES better than before...
I'll test some classic JDM's. I want the 2000GT-R's high-pitched eargasmic howl.

Last edited:
I haven't read this entire thread, but I'm convinced the exhaust sounds have improved in all the cars since the update.

I haven't read this entire thread, but I'm convinced the exhaust sounds have improved in all the cars since the update.

I wouldn't say improved personally, they did take away the Shelby Series One's nice sounding stock exhaust and apparently the Boxer sound on the older impreza's too. :ouch:

Now to say if all the cars have had sounds tweaked, I'm not 100% sure about that either.

Don't get me wrong though, from what I've heard about about the RUF BTR and Yellowbird they have improved them quite well over the previous sounds. :drool:

Some are good, some aren't so good.

Back