GT6 - Cannot Expect Too Much Can You?

• Thread starter ak101
  • 14 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of a useless thread.

👍

Every time I hear limitations I think about a lot of these games that have achieved more than GT has like GTA IV(Overrated as a game, but graphics wise and gameplay wise they did more than GT5 did).

Did you know that GT5 almost maxed out the true potential of the PS3, Yet GT5 was a very limited game. So you think that GT6 would deliver so much improvement over its predecessor, you need to think about this one carefully.

Did you know that GT5 almost maxed out the true potential of the PS3, Yet GT5 was a very limited game. So you think that GT6 would deliver so much improvement over its predecessor, you need to think about this one carefully.
Did you know that there is already a thread about this, where people have gone into much more detail about the concept (from both viewpoints) besides "The limitations of the PS3 can not be overlooked" and expecting people to just accept that at face value?

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on those words that make you think that this thread is unnecessary?

My thoughts are that this topic of discussion had already been beat to death countless times even before that thread was started, and simply saying "the limitations, man" doesn't justify another thread on the topic just because you didn't want your personal interpretation of GT6's development to be lost among discussion among people actually willing to expand on their points.

Limitations have nothing to do with the game being good or not. If all you are expecting from GT6 is to be better graphic-wise, then you're completely in the wrong channel here.

If GT6 is released on the PS3, the power of the console wil not determine if the game will be a success or not. It will be PD taking the right desicions and doing things right with what they've got. I can assure you that even GT2 is a much more solid game than GT5, even with the PS1 "limitations."

If GT6 is realeased for the PS4, it could also end up being a complete fail with fancy graphics.

Limitations have nothing to do with the game being good or not. If all you are expecting from GT6 is to be better graphic-wise, then you're completely in the wrong channel here.

If GT6 is released on the PS3, the power of the console wil not determine if the game will be a success or not. It will be PD taking the right desicions and doing things right with what they've got. I can assure you that even GT2 is a much more solid game than GT5, even with the PS1 "limitations."

If GT6 is realeased for the PS4, it could also end up being a complete fail with fancy graphics.

Completely agree this. GT2 is better game than GT5.

snaketus
Completely agree this. GT2 is better game than GT5.

That's not what he's saying,at least in my perspective. What he is saying,again in my perspective, is that the ps3 does not limit how much you can put in a game. But the game itself is what limits itself. Am I right?

When the developement material is shown the expansion and new vision differ but familiarise. Even further without exeeding the abililities within and awaiting the arrival of advancements.

That's not what he's saying,at least in my perspective. What he is saying,again in my perspective, is that the ps3 does not limit how much you can put in a game. But the game itself is what limits itself. Am I right?

No, it is what I ment. I found GT2 to be more enjoyable than GT5, other than the graphics. Then game had a better career mode, a better selection of cars (taking in consideration the year that it was made) and it made you feel the right things.

GT5's career grinding problem, the terrible prize system that it had at the begining(which was fixed thankfully), the choice of races and tracks for A-Spec events, the standard-premium thing, the "chase the rabbit" problem in races, B-Spec, the way that they messed up the A.I and sound in latest updates, the way they ignored such important GT features as Liscense tests, the overall lack of sense-of-reward, plus all the criticism that involves the game has made it a bitter-sweet experience. Even GT3 with only 120 cars was much more enjoyable.

A thread that this discussion would fit into has already been linked to, please use it to continue this discussion.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back