On which plattform do you think/do you want GT6 to be released?

• Thread starter ch3ng
  • 636 comments

PS3 or PS4?

• I want a PS3 release, but think it'll be on PS4

Votes: 167 28.1%
  • I want a PS3 release and think it'll be released on PS3

Votes: 200 33.7%
  • I want a PS4 release and think it'll be released on PS4.

Votes: 141 23.7%
  • I want a PS4 release, but think it'll be on PS3

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 44 7.4%

• Total voters
Hi

I think some people including me discussed this topic to often in different threads. I apologize.
That is the reason for this thread.

Hoping its on ps3 need to get that feeling of starting from scratch and exploring all the new events and new cars i started a new gt5 game but it obviously doesn't compare to starting a fresh release of a new GT game.

I always thought it would be released on ps4 but then again i thought the ps4 would've been announced by now so i think it would be stupid of sony for not cashing in on another multi million selling GT game especially as the ps3 userbase has increased a lot since GT5 was released, so my guess is it'll be a ps3 release.

GT6 needs to wait for the PS4 so they can utilize the much faster hardware. After 5-6 years they were only able to convert 20% of the standard cars to premium. Clearly the PS3 restricted most of the goals for GT5.

Hopefully GT6 will have 1,000 PREMIUM cars. I dont even care if it takes another 5-6 years. Dont release the game unless its completed.

want = ps3
think = ps4

GT6 needs to wait for the PS4 so they can utilize the much faster hardware. After 5-6 years they were only able to convert 20% of the standard cars to premium. Clearly the PS3 restricted most of the goals for GT5.

Hopefully GT6 will have 1,000 PREMIUM cars. I dont even care if it takes another 5-6 years. Dont release the game unless its completed.

standard cars and tracks (content) have almost nothing to do with ps3's capabilities. For example forza4 has about 650 unique premiums (without counting "duplicates" gt5 has maybe 200 including dlc), and the 360 is not that far away.

And it's the usual argument that somehow people think newer console = better games, because they don't realize in consoles there will always be sacrifices/trade offs to be made.
GT5 (ps3) could perfectly have 32 cars races, but they choose not to in order to favor graphics, physics and others. Same case with GT6 on the ps4: could have 64 but probably will only have 32 at most (I'd say 22-24).

Also that's not how the industry works. You'll never see a "finished" game in a known and steady franchise, because idea is improving it game by game (sort of paying for updates. DLC is more straight forward).

Last edited:

Clearly it didn't since most of the problems with GT5 have nothing to do with the hardware. They didn't need better hardware to model more cars, they needed better management of their time and resources.

This one image demonstrates the problem perfectly:

ezejx.jpg

Is that sort of insane detail 'nice' and 'cool' when you're taking close up photos like that? Maybe. Is it necessary for the overall enjoyment of the game, bearing in mind you will never see that sort of detail in game? Not in the slightest. They spent far too long detailing cars to extreme levels that nobody would see in the main part of the game and so wasted a lot of their time.

If you have the time and huge resources to model cars to such extreme detail and still crank out a large number of them by all means go for it but PD clearly did not, and the game suffered for it.

Kaz said himself that Gran Turismo 6 was in development shortly after the release of Gran Turismo 5. Assumingly the PlayStation 4 didn't even exist yet*, so how can PD develop software for something that doesn't even exist?

*Maybe it exists now, but only behind closed doors away from the public.

______

Anyway I want Gran Turismo 6 to be a PS3 release because it will be more convenient for me, as I don't want to have to buy another console yet. Usually I get Gran Turismo games as soon as they are out, but if GT6 is released on the PS4 then it looks like I'll be waiting a while before getting around to buying it.

The main problem they have is they need to outsource or hire more people. As you said, that detail is wonderful, but they dont have the manpower to pump out that kind of detail for that many cars. 5-6 years and only 200+ cars with that detail is not good at all. Other games are doing the same detail in 1/3 of the time. In fact some with even better detail. That headlight above has aliasing issues around the outer ring. In fact its a common problem with GT5 especially with circles.

Last edited:
Clearly it didn't since most of the problems with GT5 have nothing to do with the hardware. They didn't need better hardware to model more cars, they needed better management of their time and resources.

This one image demonstrates the problem perfectly:

*Picture Snip*

Is that sort of insane detail 'nice' and 'cool' when you're taking close up photos like that? Maybe. Is it necessary for the overall enjoyment of the game, bearing in mind you will never see that sort of detail in game? Not in the slightest. They spent far too long detailing cars to extreme levels that nobody would see in the main part of the game and so wasted a lot of their time.

If you have the time and huge resources to model cars to such extreme detail and still crank out a large number of them by all means go for it but PD clearly did not, and the game suffered for it.

This is why Gran Turismo 5 took so long to make and why the rest of the game has an unfinished feel to it while playing. PD spent too much time focusing on details that are mostly unseen when playing the game casually. I can't even recall the last time I took a close-up photo of a car.

This is why Gran Turismo 5 took so long to make and why the rest of the game has an unfinished feel to it while playing. PD spent too much time focusing on details that are mostly unseen when playing the game casually. I can't even recall the last time I took a close-up photo of a car.

Agreed I do like Photo Mode, and even taking the pictures while replaying a race, but again focusing on too much other things instead of what really mattered.

^ You are correct. I love photomode but the problem I have is only 20% of the cars can be taken there. So most of the time the car I am driving cant be taken to photo mode. Even worse, you cant even zoom all the way in on a standard car. As I said, other games are putting out even more detail in 1/3 of the time. PD NEEDS to start outsourcing or hire a lot more people.

Considering the amount of time it took GT5 to be released, something tells me 6 will be reserved for PS4.

I hope it's gonna be released for PS3 but i can't imagine that they release a big game like GT shortly before PS4 is released. With GT6 as release game to the PS4, they'd sell much more PS4's and i think (not hope) that's the way they do it.

GT4 was released less than two years before PS3's were in consumer homes, and considering Sony has shown absolutely nothing about their next-gen system, that still gives GT6 an open window on the current system.

I'd much-rather it be on the PS3 - being selfish, it's much more likely I'd drop $60 to try the new game than I would multiple hundreds for a new system as well. Much was made of the long dev time for GT5 as a "laying the foundation" initiative: it seems silly to lay all of that out only to undoubtedly have to start again with a new, massively more complicated/powerful system.

And let's be serious: PD doesn't understand the term "deadline", so the idea of GT6 being some sort of release-day system-seller just sounds funny.

FACT is with GT6 on PS3 they are sure to have a market.

7 milion users purchased GT5, even with some bad luck not less than 5 milions will buy GT6 on PS3 even if it's a crap game.

GT6 on PS4 when you can have Assetto Corsa, pCars, rFactor 2, GTR3, iRacing etc etc on PC...
Even if GT6 is good people will think twice.

Instead GT6 on PS3 is a no brainer.

Not to mention if it become what GT5 was supposed to be in the Hype era, they probably will sell a LOT.

And if PS4, what's the release date? 2014? 2015??
If so most of us will jump ship to Pc to the next big things, Assetto Corsa pCars supposed to be released in 2013.

PD should recon it's no longer 1997, the do have Competitors nowdays.

And I don't even mentioned Forza, in 2015 they will probably release Forza 7 LOL.

Last edited:
Back