[GT6][Endurance] 2017 Mid-Field Sportscar Trophy @ Mid-Field RacewayFinished 

Where's the club? And how much time remains until the end of Qualifying?

Gran Turismo 6 Community Club (1070847)

(somethingsomethinginhelpfullyarrangedspoilerssomething)

Qualifying: March 2, 20:00 CET

I have school for the next couple hours so I won't be able to meet the qualifying deadline. I planned on doing it tonight, though. Would I just start at the back of the grid?

That's the same situation I'm in..

I could perhaps add a few (12?) more hours, if that would help? I mean, once the timer runs out, I'm only awake for a few more hours anyway.

The amount of 600 PP class entries have grown

I wouldn't necessarily say this is true, but if you wish to switch back to 500, it can be arranged.

That could be really helpful for me and for a couple racers who still have to make their runs.
I could perhaps add a few (12?) more hours, if that would help? I mean, once the timer runs out, I'm only awake for a few more hours anyway.

I wouldn't necessarily say this is true, but if you wish to switch back to 500, it can be arranged.

It's been about four hours now since qualifying ended, and I've replaced the link to the entry list with a link to the grid order. Make sure to check it so you know where to put yourself. It has slightly broken the spoilers again but it still works and I cba to pretty it up only for it to break when I next make an edit.

Be aware that the race room will most likely be opened in the club (to keep randoms and their shenanigans to a minimum), so if you aren't already in it, I'd suggest doing so ASAP.

Let's make this a good one, folks! The 500PP class at least is as gloriously diverse as ever.

It kills me to say this, but I can't run tomorrow.

That is a bit of a bummer. Despite what the qualifying results suggest, I'd have tipped you for a good finish here.

But kudos to you for actually letting me know. That makes you better than at least half the DNS' I've had to deal with over the years.

Currently unknown if I can qualify or not.

..but you have already qualified? Or am I missing something?

Qualifying already ended. The race is today at 2 PM EST I think.

First one is definitely correct. As for the other, check the link(s) in the OP.

That is a bit of a bummer. Despite what the qualifying results suggest, I'd have tipped you for a good finish here.

But kudos to you for actually letting me know. That makes you better than at least half the DNS' I've had to deal with over the years.

..but you have already qualified? Or am I missing something?

First one is definitely correct. As for the other, check the link(s) in the OP.

I did? Okay then, cool.

Should be open in the Community Club thingy now.

I'll join you once I've rolled a dice 12 times to determine how high the weather changeability will be. Don't worry about the maths of that.

Double-posting to forward that there's now only 10 minutes before we get the race started and we're all of about 7-8 people.

If any of you want to get in on this, I suggest you hurry up.

Congratulations to @WilliamsRCN92 and @Richie massie who took honors in the 600PP and 500PP class respectively!

Aside from those formalities, there were a few good battles (read: the Aston outrunning just about any other 500PP car on the straights), but overall I'd still be inclined to say, at least from my perspective, this was below par. Part of that is down to me forgetting to turn the 32 weather changeabilites back on, but I allow myself to be disappointed in those who decided not to make aware of their absense. Your presense would've been greatly appreciated. We ended up mixing the cards a little to make for a grand total of 8 people, 4 in each class.

I had a lot of things coming up just a few minutes after the race started and had to leave, just to be able to get back about 30 minutes before the end.

It was really fun and I think I would have had a great battle with @Michelin Man because I could not get close to him nor he could get away from me, it's gonna have to wait until next time

I had a blast, for sure. If I had my pit strategy sorted out and didn't make a few careless mistakes, I think it would've been very close, @WilliamsRCN92! Awesome win, you deserved it. Great job to everyone else and thanks for the fun racing!

I had a lot of things coming up just a few minutes after the race started and had to leave, just to be able to get back about 30 minutes before the end.

It was really fun and I think I would have had a great battle with @Michelin Man because I could not get close to him nor he could get away from me, it's gonna have to wait until next time

Unfortunate you missed a large portion of the race, we were having a nice little battle before you had to go 👍. Like you say though, was a bit of a stalemate between us, would've been interesting to see how it would have panned out, what with our differing pit-stop strategies and so on. I bet it would've been a tight finish for 3rd, hopefully next time the battle can resume.

Overall, was a great race, was nice to get back into endurance racing, been far too long since I'd done one :lol:. One aspect I thoroughly enjoyed on previous GT's. I'd like to get back into it, may look around here to see if there's more endurance races/cups etc to join.

Anyway, cheers to @rallymorten for organising it, thoroughly enjoyed it. Shame people couldn't make it, especially those in 680pp, would've been nice to have a spread across all classes, but I'm not complaining. Otherwise looking forward to the next one ;).

Glad to see everyone who did make it seems to have enjoyed it, though I will be honest - the latter half of the first hour (where pretty much nothing happened) was kinda hard to get through.

Aside from the odd near-spin or two (and that one blooper with @GTRacer22 ), I was hoping a three-stop strategy all about them soft tyres could help bring some cornering speed to The Mighty V12, but alas, more often than not the tyres would be dead about five minutes too early, and best I could hope for was to finish not-last.

As for where this leaves other events for me, I do still want to do Trial Mountain later in the year. As I said in the thread, last years event was probably the best four hours I've spent online, but, with a few tweaks to the system, I think there's room for improvement.

Until then, who knows? Expanding either the 500PP or 600PP class and making a small series (with some form of BoP in place) from that is a possibility, but part of me has, for the longest of times, been playing with the idea of resurrecting other classic GT events that PD hasn't done justice recently. At the front of my mind, and perhaps most prominently, Dream Car Championship/GT World Championship, if some 6-8 events like that are scheduleable (that's a word now)? Or maybe bring back everyones favorite enduro with tuner cars at Tsukuba? The options are plenty :lol:

Latest Posts

Back