[GT6][Endurance] 2017 Mid-Field Sportscar Trophy @ Mid-Field RacewayFinished 

Time for some news:

The GT6 Community Club has been created and can be accessed here: 1070847

Qualifying will be done in the events I have created that are set to start within the next 36 hours and runs until 48 hours prior to the time mentioned in the OP. They're essentially a one lap qualifying from a standing start. You can have as many attempts at it as you want, and your fastest run will be used.

Unless we end up with more than 16 total entries, there can be as many entries in a class as possible. If we get to 16 or more (depending on the situation - I'm sort of guaranteed a place in the room, as either driver, safety car (should we want that) or spectator/tv crew if I don't qualify), the slowest drivers from the largest classes will have to be cut off.

Time for some news:
Qualifying will be done in the events I have created that are set to start within the next 36 hours and runs until 48 hours prior to the time mentioned in the OP. They're essentially a one lap qualifying from a standing start. You can have as many attempts at it as you want, and your fastest run will be used.

So you can do as many laps as you want until the actual race is going to start, right? Or am i misunderstanding this..?

Correct. If you're content after one or two runs in the qualifier, that's fine. If you're staying up from now 'till the end of qualifying to hunt those last .002 of a second, that's fine as well.

ahh ok, got it. Qualifying starts the 16th of february, yes? Because I was a bit confused when you said 'within the next 36 hours', so thought it was going to be somewhere around tomorow.

High doubts on participation now as my connection is incredibly unstable. I've been disconnected from websites twice within the space of just three minutes today and only lasted three seconds in yesterday's DRRTES race.

Depends on how big the conflict is.

If it's a matter of moving the start some 30 minutes or an hour either way, that can probably be worked out.

If it cannot be solved without moving to a completely different time, forget it. I've had far too many bad experiences with huge reschedules to do it again without a really good reason.

If I'm able to... I'm interested in signing up for the 600PP class.
It's been a /very/ long time since I've raced competitively, but I feel very confident in this class.

Trust me, if there was a way to impose different regulations for different classes that didn't involve manually checking people and make a larger investigation case out of any incidents (most of which are probably just the usual case of replays not showing the correct tyre for anyone but yourself), I would probably limit it, although I've had good, fun races in either scenario.

As it is, that's not possible, and, given the semi-serious-but-mostly-meant-for-good-entertainment approach I insist on using for these events, I can't be bothered to go through the above.

Hey @rallymorten, just want to let you know that I will be withdrawing my entry into the Mid-Field Sportscar Trophy race. I was offered to go to Florida and work Timing & Scoring for a 24 hour Kart race.

Hopefully I will be able to take part in your next event this year.

Last edited:
Hey @rallymorten, just want to let you know that I will be withdrawing my entry into the Mid-Field Sportscar Trophy race. I was offered to go to Florida and work Timing & Scoring for a 24 hour Kart race.

I'd have taken it too if I was offered it (I have had to change things up for reasons of real life racing events before. What, it was the only night race in the country, no way I'd miss that!)

I expect you to do all the funny work next time then :P

If everyone is fine with it, it *might* be possible to move the event by two weeks, but no more than that. Would March 4 suit people better? Let's get this out of the way before we turn the calendar to February, shall we?

@GTRacer22
@epic_apri_39
@CrazyJohn
@RoadRageDudez
@damonc84
@Richie massie
@Harsk100
@Ph1sher
@Michelin Man
@WilliamsRCN92

sure thing! and sorry if i haven't chosen a car yet for the 600pp class but there are just so many GT cars (mainly Super GT and JGTC cars) i've been trying around to see wich will suit me the best, i've also tried some orignal Gran Turismo GT cars but still trying out some cars.

I'd have taken it too if I was offered it (I have had to change things up for reasons of real life racing events before. What, it was the only night race in the country, no way I'd miss that!)

I expect you to do all the funny work next time then :P

If everyone is fine with it, it *might* be possible to move the event by two weeks, but no more than that. Would March 4 suit people better? Let's get this out of the way before we turn the calendar to February, shall we?

@GTRacer22
@epic_apri_39
@CrazyJohn
@RoadRageDudez
@damonc84
@Richie massie
@Harsk100
@Ph1sher
@Michelin Man
@WilliamsRCN92

March 4th is conflict free, I'm in!

As far as my math skills go, that's all but three who seem to be fine with the reschedule, with three still unknown. Unless they say otherwise before Wednesday, I take it they're fine with it too.

March 4th works even better. I'm still game.
I come home next weekend and that'll be my only time I can be on before March 3rd/4th. I hope this isn't that big of an issue. Really looking forward to posting times and getting ready.

Last edited:
Back