GT6 FAQs

Hello Garret,

As far as I would know the answer to that is no. I do not work for Sony or Polyphony Digital but it does not take too much of an imagination to think about how many false reports they receive on a daily basis. Unfortunately the internet is full of salty individuals who are out to get people so it would make sense that evidence of such a claim would be necessary before handing down disciplinary action.

As long as you have not done anything wrong and your PlayStation Network and associated email accounts are secured I would not lose sleep over this. Just sounds like some kids up to no good.
Hello Garret,

As far as I would know the answer to that is no. I do not work for Sony or Polyphony Digital but it does not take too much of an imagination to think about how many false reports they receive on a daily basis. Unfortunately the internet is full of salty individuals who are out to get people so it would make sense that evidence of such a claim would be necessary before handing down disciplinary action.

As long as you have not done anything wrong and your PlayStation Network and associated email accounts are secured I would not lose sleep over this. Just sounds like some kids up to no good.
Whew okay that's relieving. Thanks for the quick reply and the detailed response! Members such as yourself are what make the gtplanet forums as good as they are :)

It's kind of gt4, 5 and 6 and car in general question..
It should be easy to explain but im not near my ps at the moment and am curious ...
Honda s800 racing car became shortly famous for winning gt1 1000 km suzuka race..
Since I always liked that car I was kind of pissed that's not premium but what I was actually wondering is the number 25 on the car.. If I understood correctly their biggest succes was made with the car number 28.. If someone knows history maybe better (maybe some Honda fan) can explain... Sorry for ignorance...

Finally got around to building my 3 screen rig - 2 X PS3 CHECK, 2 X Copies of game CHECK, Rig Built - just a PS3 and game to buy now (nice and cheap these days and.......

Servers have gone offline since I've been away (its been a while)!!!

I really don't have the money for PC RIG and I'd be happy with GT6 as is , but I'm worried about the updates.... - Multi-PS3 screen support was an update. If I get hold of a PS that never had GT6 on it, will I still be able to apply the updates? even though the servers have been switched off?

If I get hold of a PS that never had GT6 on it, will I still be able to apply the updates? even though the servers have been switched off?

I'm thinking that the ability to download the game updates from the Playstation Store is a very different thing to the GT6 gameplay servers which were, I believe, run by Polyphony Digital. I'm further guessing that it's still possible to download GT6 updates today.

Any chance of the online features returning to GT6? b16.jpg

I noticed that when you purchase a Car, you get a message saying you've also obtained the Color of the Car you've purchased. This makes me wonder: what will happen if I buy the same Car twice in different Colors? Will I just get another Car in the Garage, or will I be able to switch to the Color of that Car?

I noticed that when you purchase a Car, you get a message saying you've also obtained the Color of the Car you've purchased. This makes me wonder: what will happen if I buy the same Car twice in different Colors? Will I just get another Car in the Garage, or will I be able to switch to the Color of that Car?
You'll have 2 separate cars, each a different colour.

Any chance of the online features returning to GT6? View attachment 942707
Well, yes..... and no.
I believe work is underway to fully restore online content in both GT5 and GT6 with the Master mod by @Nenkai (who will correct me if I get anything wrong), although I understand the latest FW update for PS3's has caused some problems and a delay with this work.

THE GOOD NEWS IS!!!!... that you can join us playing GT5 online RIGHT NOW!! We do it most evenings! There is some effort involved in setting it all up, but I am happy to help out / guide you through. It's not full online functionality, no chat function etc, but it is defo racing online.

Well, yes..... and no.
I believe work is underway to fully restore online content in both GT5 and GT6 with the Master mod by @Nenkai (who will correct me if I get anything wrong), although I understand the latest FW update for PS3's has caused some problems and a delay with this work.

THE GOOD NEWS IS!!!!... that you can join us playing GT5 online RIGHT NOW!! We do it most evenings! There is some effort involved in setting it all up, but I am happy to help out / guide you through. It's not full online functionality, no chat function etc, but it is defo racing online.
Hi, I'm rookie using this forum and need some help. Already introduced myself on welcome post from Jordan. So please, where can I find the guide to uninstall SpecII from GT6, to install the online mode. Thanks

Last edited:
Back